* Jon Krakauer wrote an article about Chris McCandless for OUTSIDE Magazine.
* His fascination did not end and he began researching to write the book, Into The Wild.
* Krakauer chooses to include some of his own personal history in the book.
* The public reaction to Chris's story was mostly negative.
* People thought Chris was ignorant and foolishly threw his life away.
* Krakauer's bias shows that he wants to vindicate Chris McCandless.
Chapter 1, The Alaska Interior
* A postcard written to Wayne Westerberg in South Dakota indicates that Chris thought he might not return alive.
* The encounter with Jim Gallien set the mood for serious difficulties ahead.
* Chris, calling himself Alex, impressed Gallien with his intelligent questions.
* Gallien noticed Chris's boots and gave him some rubber boots he would need in the snow.
* Gallien dropped Alex off at the Stampede Trail, which Chris planed to follow.
* Gallien thought about...
This section contains 1,772 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)