|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mark Henderson know Lena?
2. Who is Josh's best friend?
3. How old is Lena?
4. Where is Erin from?
5. What is Mark Henderson doing in Mark 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nickie Sage feel about the Townsends as revealed in Nickie 1?
2. What do Josh and his mother fight about in Josh in 2?
3. What does Josh's mom reveal to the family in Josh 1?
4. How would you describe Jules and Lena's first meeting in Jules 4?
5. Why does Louise go to see Sean on Sean 2?
6. How does Libby die in Libby 1?
7. What does the coroner's report reveal in Erin 2?
8. How does Louise describe Katie in Louise 1?
9. How does Louise and Alec differ in their opinion on leaving Beckford in Louise 2?
10. How does Jules describe Lena in Jules 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Hawkins saying about Family in the novel? Consider the relationship between Jules and Nel, Nel and Lena, Sean and Patrick, Katie and Louise and/or Katie and Josh.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of mysticism in the novel? Consider the role of Nickie Sage and her role as a psychic.
Essay Topic 3
How is Nickie Sage important to the novel? Consider how she connects the present storyline to the stories of the women that lived previously in Beckford.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)