|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hugo?
2. Who does Sean see at the church graveyard in Sean 1?
3. How far apart in age are Nel and Jules?
4. Who does Jules tell Sean to look into in Sean 1?
5. How does Nel sound on the voicemail she leaves for Jules in Jules 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Erin 3, Erin reads the notes that Nel made in her book. What do Nel's notes about Lauren Townsend say?
2. How does Jules describe Robbie in Jules 6?
3. Who is Libby Seeton?
4. How would you describe Jules and Lena's first meeting in Jules 4?
5. How does Erin describe Beckford in Erin 1?
6. How does Libby die in Libby 1?
7. What story does Nel tell Jules about in Jules 3?
8. How does Jules react when she learns about her sister in Jules 1?
9. How does Nickie Sage feel about the Townsends as revealed in Nickie 1?
10. In Nickie 1, the reader learns about Nickie Sage's run-ins with the law. Why has she had trouble with the law in her past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Hawkins's use of the literary technique of flashback impact the plot line of the text?
Essay Topic 2
All of the relationships between women in the novel are dysfunctional. Select one or two of these relationships and analyze its impact on the rest of the novel. What is Hawkins saying about women through these relationships?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the theme of violence against women and consider how it plays out in the text.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)