|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appointed Suchomel chief of the gold-Jews?
2. What is Stangl's birth month and day?
3. According to whom did Hitler give a promise and shake hands with a Cardinal of the Church that no bishop would be arrested for protesting their activities?
4. Glazar talked about four phases of a year spent in Treblinka, including the few months before the uprising which occurred in what year?
5. In August 1944, when the bombings in Wels became very bad, where did Stangl's wife and kids move to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Stangl's wife make a weekly six hour round trip by train between Wels and Glasenbach?
2. Why was Stangl's wife shocked by Father Mario's response to her talk about her husband under confessional?
3. How did Stangl describe his arrival at Treblinka?
4. What happened to Samuel Rajzman's little girl?
5. How did Stangl respond upon the author's return in June and who did the author bring with her this time?
6. According to the author how did Stangl change when he had to talk about "intolerable" details of events?
7. How did Horst Munzberger try to help his father during his trial?
8. Who was Franciszek Zabecki?
9. How did Stangl come in contact with Tchechia?
10. How did Otto Horn describe Gustav Munzberger's job at Treblinka?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the similarities and differences between Extermination and Concentration camps for Jews. Discuss layouts, length of time before typically closing a site, daily operations, survival rates, workers, etc.
Essay Topic 2
What efforts did Stangl and others take to minimize the horror of the death camps for the victims as well as the camp workers? Be sure to include the false railway station in your responses. How effective were those efforts (support with details as described in the biography)?
Essay Topic 3
Sereny observed that Stangl found working at the death camps emotionally and psychologically straining and unpleasant. Using details from the biography, provide several pages supporting this observation.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)