|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to whom did Hitler give a promise and shake hands with a Cardinal of the Church that no bishop would be arrested for protesting their activities?
2. In what year did Stangl say he escaped from prison?
3. Who does Otto Horn testify to having stood at the gas chamber doors with in Treblinka, driving people in with a whip?
4. Who as former administrative director of T4 implied that men more inferior than Germans volunteered for "Aktion T4" and "Aktion Reinhardt?"
5. According to Glazar, what is the name of the camp uprising prisoner who had come to Treblinka "because he loved someone else" and died there "deliberately, for us"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was ironic to Glazar and Unger about Mannheim?
2. The author broke up conversations with Stangl into two parts, so what did she do in this interim time and how long was it?
3. Who was Franciszek Zabecki?
4. From the Treblinka Camp diagram and Legend what were the main camp divisions?
5. Why did Stangl's wife make a weekly six hour round trip by train between Wels and Glasenbach?
6. What was the Lazarett at Treblinka?
7. Who was the boy Edek?
8. How did Stangl respond upon the author's return in June and who did the author bring with her this time?
9. How did Hubert Pfoch manage to get pictures of Treblinka transports later used as evidence in the trial of ten guards?
10. How did the author describe Richard Glazar and his family when she visited his home in 1972?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Stangl's post-war life like with his family? in Damascus? Syria? Brazil?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship between social Darwinism and the Euthanasia and Extermination Programmes as presented within the book.
Essay Topic 3
What efforts did Stangl and others take to minimize the horror of the death camps for the victims as well as the camp workers? Be sure to include the false railway station in your responses. How effective were those efforts (support with details as described in the biography)?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)