|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Otto Horn testify to having stood at the gas chamber doors with in Treblinka, driving people in with a whip?
(a) Odilo Globocnik.
(b) Kurt Franz.
(c) Gustav Munzberger.
(d) Christian Wirth.
2. After trying to get himself reassigned at the Linz police station at the end of the war, Stangl was denied and sent to where?
3. Glazar talked about four phases of a year spent in Treblinka, including the few months before the uprising which occurred in what year?
4. When Stangl stepped onto the square in the camp he stepped right into what?
5. A boy named Edek arrived in Treblinka at the age of fourteen and was allowed to live and entertain the camp with his one possession, which was what?
(a) A banjo.
(b) An accordian.
(c) A small drum.
(d) A harmonica.
6. Who referred to the pit full of black and blue bodies at Treblinka as "garbage."
7. Pfoch's diary account of the Treblinka transport he photographed, witnessed and traveled behind as a young soldier included a count of how many people rammed into each railway car?
8. Stangl described Treblinka's horrors upon his arrival as what?
(b) Hell on earth.
(c) Unimaginable horror!
(d) Dante's Inferno.
9. Pan Zabecki worked at the Treblinka railway station but he was also part of the underground movement for what government?
10. What was the name of the dog trained to attack people in the genital areas in Treblinka?
11. What was the name of the work-Jew Stangl assigned to cook in the lower camp, and also let him feed his 82 year old father a last meal before he was killed with the others?
12. Who wrote "The Silence of Pope Pius XII?"
13. What Polish prisoner insisted it was important that the group of six "Czech" prisoners survive?
(c) David Bart.
14. The deportation of Roman Jews occurred when according to the author?
15. What was the age of the oldest child sharing the railway station at Treblinka with Pan Zabecki and his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the family sharing the railway station with Pan Zabecki and his family send their kids to for safety?
2. Who suggested buckets for women in the tube for defecation?
3. A trial for ten former Treblinka guards was held in Dusseldorf in what year?
4. According to Stangl who invented the "system" of nakedness, whippings and 'cattle pens' to exterminate the Jews efficiently?
5. One survivor describes the fine art of understanding how to do what in Treblinka?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)