|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who referred to the pit full of black and blue bodies at Treblinka as "garbage."
2. According to Stangl who commanded the two Russians operating the gassing chambers?
(a) Gustav Munzberger.
(b) Christian Wirth.
(c) Franz Suchomel.
(d) Dieters Allers.
3. Shortly after Stangl's wife found him in a prison in Bad Ischl, he was transferred to a huge camp where?
(a) In Hof.
(b) In Vienna.
(c) In Dusseldorf.
(d) In Glasenbach.
4. Who wrote "While Six Million Died" chronicling American and British reactions to Jewish genocide?
(a) Professor Joseph Mayor.
(b) Albert Hartl.
(c) Dr. Kal Brandt.
(d) Arthur D. Morse.
5. According to Gustav Munzberger, if Stangl had changed anything in Treblinka who would have told Wirth and the changes would have been countermanded?
(c) Kurt Franz.
(d) Dieter Allers.
6. A trial for ten former Treblinka guards was held in Dusseldorf in what year?
7. What was the name of the work-Jew Stangl assigned to cook in the lower camp, and also let him feed his 82 year old father a last meal before he was killed with the others?
8. One survivor describes the fine art of understanding how to do what in Treblinka?
(a) Stay alive.
(b) Hide food.
(c) Find food.
(d) Obey the guards.
9. Several wok-Jew witnesses and SS men confirmed that at least how many hangings took place at Treblinka during Stangl's tenure as Kommandant?
10. What was the age of the oldest child sharing the railway station at Treblinka with Pan Zabecki and his family?
11. According to the author, what was the name of the Bishop in Rome who assisted Stangl with his papers and escape?
12. Camp survivors who were witnesses at Stangl's trial included Glazar, Unger, Strawczynski and _____?
(a) Joe Siedlecki.
(b) Pan Zabecki.
(c) Berek Rozjman.
(d) Samuel Rajzman.
13. To whom did the Polish Ambassador personally hand a letter about the Jewish genocide for the Pope on December 21, 1942?
(a) Father Schneider.
(b) Monsieur Tardini.
(c) Monsieur Faulhaber.
(d) Monsieur Papee.
14. How long was the round trip from the flat to prison when Stangl's wife said she took him food parcels?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
15. For the planned Treblinka uprising, who was another targeted SS officer for death by the prisoners, besides Mentz?
Short Answer Questions
1. Glazar talked about four phases of a year spent in Treblinka, including the few months before the uprising which occurred in what year?
2. According to Stangl, who spent two weeks reorganizing Treblinka?
3. In what year did Stangl say he escaped from prison?
4. Pfoch's diary account of the Treblinka transport he photographed, witnessed and traveled behind as a young soldier included a count of how many people rammed into each railway car?
5. Who does Otto Horn testify to having stood at the gas chamber doors with in Treblinka, driving people in with a whip?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)