|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to whom did Hitler give a promise and shake hands with a Cardinal of the Church that no bishop would be arrested for protesting their activities?
2. Who appointed Suchomel chief of the gold-Jews?
3. According to Glazar, what is the name of the camp uprising prisoner who had come to Treblinka "because he loved someone else" and died there "deliberately, for us"?
4. What Polish Jew and his family were shipped to Treblinka in November 1942, and within the hour all of his family was killed except him?
(a) Richard Glazar.
(b) Joe Siedlecki.
(c) Karel Unger.
(d) Berek Rojzman.
5. Glazar talked about four phases of a year spent in Treblinka, including the few months before the uprising which occurred in what year?
6. What was the name of the work-Jew Stangl assigned to cook in the lower camp, and also let him feed his 82 year old father a last meal before he was killed with the others?
7. What camp survivor worked at a US hotel and was remarried to a German woman after the war?
(a) Zhelo Bloch.
(b) Joe Siedlecki.
(c) Berek Rojzman.
(d) Karel Unger.
8. What is the name of the young Hungarian girl who worked at a library and stayed at the family's flat in Wels for a time?
9. When Stangl stepped onto the square in the camp he stepped right into what?
10. What is the name of the Polish diplomat who wrote a book about Pope Pius XII, entitled "Pius XII a Polski 1939-1949?"
11. A boy named Edek arrived in Treblinka at the age of fourteen and was allowed to live and entertain the camp with his one possession, which was what?
(a) A banjo.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) An accordian.
(d) A small drum.
12. One survivor describes the fine art of understanding how to do what in Treblinka?
(a) Obey the guards.
(b) Stay alive.
(c) Find food.
(d) Hide food.
13. Who is Stangl's youngest child?
14. By what name did Stangl's wife often refer to him during conversations with the author?
15. Camp survivors who were witnesses at Stangl's trial included Glazar, Unger, Strawczynski and _____?
(a) Samuel Rajzman.
(b) Berek Rozjman.
(c) Pan Zabecki.
(d) Joe Siedlecki.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, if not for transport limitations, Treblinka alone could have dealt death to how many Jews, and then some?
2. What was the name of Hitler's interpreter in Rome who described Hitler as "incredibly receptive to information?"
3. Pfoch's diary account of the Treblinka transport he photographed, witnessed and traveled behind as a young soldier included a count of how many people rammed into each railway car?
4. What is the name of the possible Nazi escape network mentioned by a son seeking help for his father during his father's trial?
5. Shortly after Stangl's wife found him in a prison in Bad Ischl, he was transferred to a huge camp where?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)