|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the "female" doctor who assisted the doctor that took poison after Kurt Franz surprised him in possession of gold?
(a) Tchechia Mendel.
(b) Helene Eidenbock.
(c) Frau Allers.
(d) Irene Lewkowski.
2. In what month of 1942 did the exiled Polish government release a report detailing the mass murder of Jews since the German invasion?
3. What Polish prisoner insisted it was important that the group of six "Czech" prisoners survive?
(a) David Bart.
4. What is the name of the possible Nazi escape network mentioned by a son seeking help for his father during his father's trial?
5. Several wok-Jew witnesses and SS men confirmed that at least how many hangings took place at Treblinka during Stangl's tenure as Kommandant?
6. When Stangl traveled to his mother at the end of the war, she was in a town called Ebernsee, near _____.
7. Who were the psychiatrists, professors at T4?
(a) Lohnaue and Heyde.
(b) Heyde and Nitsche.
(c) Renno and Lohnauer.
(d) Nitsche and Renno.
8. According to Stangl, who spent two weeks reorganizing Treblinka?
9. A boy named Edek arrived in Treblinka at the age of fourteen and was allowed to live and entertain the camp with his one possession, which was what?
(a) A small drum.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A banjo.
(d) An accordian.
10. According to Glazar, what is the name of the camp uprising prisoner who had come to Treblinka "because he loved someone else" and died there "deliberately, for us"?
11. According to Gustav Munzberger, if Stangl had changed anything in Treblinka who would have told Wirth and the changes would have been countermanded?
(a) Kurt Franz.
(d) Dieter Allers.
12. The "tube" is the "___" to the gas chambers that had to be cleaned up from defecation at Treblinka.
13. Who does Otto Horn testify to having stood at the gas chamber doors with in Treblinka, driving people in with a whip?
(a) Gustav Munzberger.
(b) Kurt Franz.
(c) Christian Wirth.
(d) Odilo Globocnik.
14. After trying to get himself reassigned at the Linz police station at the end of the war, Stangl was denied and sent to where?
15. Where was Richard Glazar born?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stangl who invented the "system" of nakedness, whippings and 'cattle pens' to exterminate the Jews efficiently?
2. Who was the Bishop of Munster who engaged in public protest of Hitler's anti-Church and Euthanasia activities in 1941?
3. How many reasons does the author give as her belief on why Pope Pius XII conducted himself the way he did regarding events from 1939 to 1945?
4. Forty men were assigned to Treblinka but only how many worked there at a time?
5. In what year did Pope Pius XI raise serious concerns about the Nazi's educational reforms and to some extent the subject of racism and "neo-paganism" of National Socialism?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)