|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the diagram for Treblinka there are labels for three camps, death, living and ____?
(a) Women and Children.
2. The author stayed with a camp survivor and his family at their farmhouse in Switzerland in what year?
3. In what year was Stangl's youngest child born?
4. In what year did the Vatican begin publication of the volumes containing a variety of documents related to events occurring between 1939 and 1945?
5. Glazar talked about four phases of a year spent in Treblinka, including the few months before the uprising which occurred in what year?
6. What Polish Jew and his family were shipped to Treblinka in November 1942, and within the hour all of his family was killed except him?
(a) Joe Siedlecki.
(b) Karel Unger.
(c) Richard Glazar.
(d) Berek Rojzman.
7. In August 1944, when the bombings in Wels became very bad, where did Stangl's wife and kids move to?
8. In what year did Stangl say he escaped from prison?
9. When Stangl stepped onto the square in the camp he stepped right into what?
10. Forty men were assigned to Treblinka but only how many worked there at a time?
11. The "tube" is the "___" to the gas chambers that had to be cleaned up from defecation at Treblinka.
12. What is the name of the possible Nazi escape network mentioned by a son seeking help for his father during his father's trial?
13. A trial for ten former Treblinka guards was held in Dusseldorf in what year?
14. With what Gregorian University professor did the author discuss the Holy See and National Socialism?
(a) Monsieur Papee.
(b) Father Mario.
(c) Professor Mayer.
(d) Father Schneider.
15. What camp survivor worked at a US hotel and was remarried to a German woman after the war?
(a) Karel Unger.
(b) Zhelo Bloch.
(c) Berek Rojzman.
(d) Joe Siedlecki.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the "female" doctor who assisted the doctor that took poison after Kurt Franz surprised him in possession of gold?
2. The deportation of Roman Jews occurred when according to the author?
3. Camp survivors who were witnesses at Stangl's trial included Glazar, Unger, Strawczynski and _____?
4. After trying to get himself reassigned at the Linz police station at the end of the war, Stangl was denied and sent to where?
5. According to Stangl, who spent two weeks reorganizing Treblinka?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)