|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Louis know Lestat is alive just prior to their midnight departure time?
2. What question does Louis pose to Lestat regarding the death of the second girl in their New Orleans hotel room following the burning of Pointe du Lac?
3. What happens to the child after Louis drinks of her blood?
4. Where do Louis and Lestat sleep at the Freniere plantation?
5. On what street is the interview conducted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Louis's concern when Babette says that Louis is "from the Devil?"
2. Describe the sounds Louis described as Lestat took his life.
3. Why does Lestat want Louis to become a vampire?
4. Louis says that he preferred taking the life of an animal over that of a human. What reason does he give?
5. Describe Louis's first interaction with a vampire in Paris.
6. What does Armand say about having a child become a vampire?
7. What does Lestat use to convince Louis to remain with him?
8. When Louis and Lestat are in the storage room at the Freniere plantation, Louis comes to a decision. What is it?
9. Compare Claudia's attitude toward killing and drinking with that of Louis and Lestat.
10. How does Claudia go about choosing a coffin of her own? What becomes of it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the interviewer in this story. Could the story have been effectively related by some other means? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Louis says that there is no difference between "coming to know" the evil of the life of a vampire and "being catapulted into it." Do you agree?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Armand say it was wrong that Claudia be made into a vampire? What does Claudia tell Louis on the subject as she seeks to have Madeline as her companion? What does this all have to do with the relationship between Claudia and Louis?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)