|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lestat gain entry into the house?
2. What request does Lestat's father make as he lies dying in his bed?
3. What does Claudia say will be the outcome if Louis interferes with her plan to kill Lestat?
4. What is the boy's initial reaction to the news that Louis is a vampire?
5. Where did Louis go when Pointe du Lac burned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louis say he feels for Babette?
2. Why does Armand want so desperately to be with Louis?
3. What is it that Louis wonders about Lestat's body as it lies in the swamp.
4. What is Louis's concern when Babette says that Louis is "from the Devil?"
5. What does Louis require of his own sister after Paul's death and why?
6. What is Lestat's condition when Louis again finds him? What does he ask Louis to do?
7. How does Claudia carry out her plan to kill Lestat?
8. Who is it that Louis feeds on during that night they are scheduled to leave for Europe? What conversation passes between Louis and his victim?
9. Describe the sounds Louis described as Lestat took his life.
10. What does Louis tell Claudia about how she became a vampire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is it that Armand seeks to gain by his association with Louis? Why does this turn out to be impossible?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Armand say it was wrong that Claudia be made into a vampire? What does Claudia tell Louis on the subject as she seeks to have Madeline as her companion? What does this all have to do with the relationship between Claudia and Louis?
Essay Topic 3
Louis says that he is afraid of getting into the coffin because he's afraid of closed in places and later that he's afraid of the swamp for equally personal reasons. What does Louis say he should have known about those kinds of fears?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)