|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louis feel when Claudia wants a coffin of her own?
(b) Afraid for her
2. What does option does Lestat give Claudia on her first day with him?
(a) To drink more from the slave boy who was dead
(b) To leave to find her mother
(c) To sleep with Lestat or with Louis
(d) To become a vampire or die
3. When Claudia returns home just as they are planning to leave for Europe, who does she say has followed her?
(a) The police
(b) A child
(d) The musician
4. When Claudia suggests that they people the world with vampires, what does Lestat say?
(a) That Claudia and Louis don't have the power
(b) That only the willing can be made vampires
(c) That they would starve for lack of food sources
(d) That he agrees to her plan
5. What does Lestate say will happen to Louis if he is outdoors in the sunshine?
(a) He'll evaporate
(b) Nothing, it's another of the myths about vampires
(c) He'll die because his blood would dry up
(d) He'll burn up
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lestat do with the child's mother when he finds Louis with the little girl?
2. What does Lestat say is true of his relationship with Louis?
3. Who does Louis kill just before burning Pointe du Lac?
4. What does Lestat drink upon arrival into their motel room immediately after leaving the Freneire plantation?
5. Where does Lestat take the little girl once they leave the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Armand say about having a child become a vampire?
2. Who is it that Louis feeds on during that night they are scheduled to leave for Europe? What conversation passes between Louis and his victim?
3. What reaction does Louis have to the smell of cooking meat?
4. Why does Louis say Lestat makes Claudia into a vampire?
5. Describe the sounds Louis described as Lestat took his life.
6. What does Louis tell Claudia about how she became a vampire?
7. What is the brief debate between Claudia and Louis regarding the power of fire?
8. Why is it that Claudia's remains were nothing but ashes while Madeline's remains were more substantial?
9. Armand says he couldn't stop Claudia's death. What is Louis's response?
10. What actions happen between Lestat and Louis in order for Louis to become a vampire?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)