|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy's initial reaction to the news that Louis is a vampire?
(a) He runs away
(b) He's afraid
(c) He wants to become a vampire also
(d) He doesn't believe it
2. What happens the first time Louis drinks the blood of his own victim?
(a) He gets sick
(b) He asks for more
(c) He faints
(d) He completes the transition to become a vampire
3. What do Louis and Claudia come to believe has happened to the boy when he first comes searching for Lestat?
(a) That the boy has been poisoned
(b) That Lestat has been feeding on the boy
(c) That he's lost
(d) That the boy has died and been resurrected
4. How does Louis intend to live following the burning of Point du Lac?
(a) He plans to take the Frenier plantation
(b) He has investments in many different names
(c) He has no plan
(d) He and Lestat can steal what they need
5. What excuse does Louis offer so that he can miss his mother's funeral?
(a) He is away on business
(b) He has a malarial chill
(c) He doesn't want to see his sister
(d) He must tend Lestat's father
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the man who secures the room for Lestat and Louis once they arrive in New Orleans from the Freniere plantation?
2. Who did Louis help Lestat kill first?
3. What is the reaction of the priest when Louis goes into the confessional and claims to be immortal?
4. What is the condition of Louis and Claudia as they leave the house?
5. What does Louis say he discovered about Lestat's chief reason for killing as a vampire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louis say he feels for Babette?
2. What time of day does Louis set fire to the theater and why?
3. What is Louis's reaction when he and Lestat dispose of the overseer's body.
4. What does Claudia do that brings suspicion on the trio?
5. What news does Armand offer about Claudia's chances of survival when he releases Louis from the coffin at the theater? Why does he say this?
6. Describe Louis's first interaction with a vampire in Paris.
7. Louis says that he preferred taking the life of an animal over that of a human. What reason does he give?
8. What adorns the walls of the huge ballroom below the theater?
9. Louis says that to see Satan would be a relief. Why?
10. What does Claudia say about Lestat's chances of surviving the fire at their New Orleans town house?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)