|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claudia's reaction when Louis tells her the story of how she became a vampire?
(a) That she loves Louis for his pity on her and hates Lestat
(b) That she loves both Louis and Lestat
(c) That she hates both Louis and Lestat
(d) That she hates Louis for trying to kill her and loves Lestat for saving her life
2. What does Louis give the young musician when he comes searching for Lestat?
(a) His music scores
3. On what street is the interview conducted?
(c) San Francisco
4. How does Lestat teach Louis it's possible to travel by ship?
(a) Pretend the coffin carries the remains of a loved one
(b) It's not possible for a vampire to travel by ship
(c) They don't discuss the issue
(d) Ship's quarters contain beds that are sufficiently dim
5. What do Louis and Claudia come to believe has happened to the boy when he first comes searching for Lestat?
(a) That the boy has died and been resurrected
(b) That he's lost
(c) That the boy has been poisoned
(d) That Lestat has been feeding on the boy
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the interviewer say he wants to hear the rest of Louis's story?
2. What does Lestat say will be their relationship to the little girl?
3. Why does Louis kill one of the women in their hotel room?
4. What does Lestat have done to the walls of Claudia's room?
5. Where does Lestat want to do after Pointe du Lac is burned?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Louis tries to convince Babette that he is capable of doing good even if he himself is evil, he becomes weary. Why?
2. What actions happen between Lestat and Louis in order for Louis to become a vampire?
3. Why does Armand want so desperately to be with Louis?
4. How does Claudia go about choosing a coffin of her own? What becomes of it?
5. What news does Armand offer about Claudia's chances of survival when he releases Louis from the coffin at the theater? Why does he say this?
6. What adorns the walls of the huge ballroom below the theater?
7. Who is it that Louis feeds on during that night they are scheduled to leave for Europe? What conversation passes between Louis and his victim?
8. Louis says that he preferred taking the life of an animal over that of a human. What reason does he give?
9. What time of day does Louis set fire to the theater and why?
10. Why does Lestat want Louis to become a vampire?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)