|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Louis takes with him when he returns to burn the theater?
(a) A sword
(b) A scythe
(c) A gun
(d) A sickle
2. What does Armand say will happen to Louis if he falls while scaling a wall?
(a) That he will die
(b) That he will have to lie still and regain his breath
(c) That his body will hurt only for a short time and will quickly heal
(d) That he will fly
3. Who has the strange vampire brought to the ruins when he meets Louis and Claudia?
(b) A nameless man
(d) The innkeeper
4. What does Armand tell Louis about Louis's decision to make Madeline into a vampire?
(a) That Armand had willed Louis's action with his own mind
(b) That Louis had done what was necessary for Claudia
(c) That Claudia had willed Louis to do it
(d) That Louis shouldn't have done it
5. How many vampires live in Armand's group?
6. What did the villager use to behead the woman in the grave that was dug up?
(a) A sword
(b) A hatchet
(c) A shovel
(d) An axe
7. What is the name of the hotel where Louis and Claudia stay in Paris?
(a) Pointe du Lac
(b) Theatre de Vampires
(c) Hotel Saint-Gabriel
(d) Hotel of Paris
8. What place does Louis want to go after Claudia's death?
(a) The Louvre
(b) The theatre
(c) The river
(d) The cemetery
9. Claudia has Louis relate the story of how she became a vampire again and again. Why?
(a) She feeds on the hatred she feels for Louis
(b) She feeds on the hatred she feels for Lestat
(c) She, like all children, loves a story about herself
(d) She hopes to find a clue as to the way a vampire is made
10. What is the name of the first Parisian vampire encountered by Louis and who Louis calls "trickster?"
11. What is the fuel Louis uses to set the theater on fire?
(a) Candle wax
12. In Louis's dream, whose grave does his sister visit?
(b) His own
(c) Their mother's
13. When Louis and Claudia return to their hotel following the theater performance, Claudia offers her opinion of the vampires. What does she say about them?
(a) She wants to live with them
(b) She hates their clothes
(c) She feels loved among them
(d) She doesn't like them
14. What is the name of the theater to which Louis and Claudia are invited?
(a) Theatre de la Monstrous
(b) Theatre des Vampires
(c) Theatre of Death
(d) Vapire Hall
15. Louis says that one of Claudia's similarities to Lestat was in her preference regarding the amount of light. What is Claudia's preference on this point?
(a) She likes only dim light and prefers only natural light of the moon
(b) She despises light and prefers total darkness
(c) She likes light and lights lamps upon rising
(d) She enjoys light but only the natural light of the moon
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Armand say about the number of vampires who live together?
2. What silent message does Claudia say Armand sent to her during their first meeting?
3. How many vampires feed on the young girl on stage during the theater performance?
4. Why does Louis discover there are no human guards at the theater?
5. What sound and smell alert Louis to the approach of a vampire at the ruins?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)