|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reaction of the priest when Louis goes into the confessional and claims to be immortal?
(a) He protects himself with a cross, forcing Louis from the church
(b) He believes Louis to be honestly troubled and urges him to go on
(c) He is angry, accusing Louis of making a joke and asking if he has no fear of God
(d) He threatens to turn Louis in to the authorities
2. What does Lestat drink upon arrival into their motel room immediately after leaving the Freneire plantation?
3. Why does Lestat say he can't kill his father?
(a) He loves him
(b) He wants Louis to have the blood
(c) He hasn't time
(d) He fears him
4. How does Lestat gain entry into the house?
(a) Uses his own key
(b) Breaks the parlor window
(c) Breaks a door
(d) Sets fire to the building
5. What does Lestate say will happen to Louis if he is outdoors in the sunshine?
(a) He'll evaporate
(b) Nothing, it's another of the myths about vampires
(c) He'll burn up
(d) He'll die because his blood would dry up
6. What does the little girl ask as soon as she's revived?
(a) Where am I?
(b) Who are you?
(c) Where is Mama?
(d) Will you feed me?
7. Why does Louis kill one of the women in their hotel room?
(a) Lestat leaves her alive, terrified and in his coffin
(b) Louis is hungry
(c) Lestat convinces Louis to drink
(d) Louis doesn't kill either of the women
8. What did Louis say would happen to Lestat if he harmed anyone on the Freniere plantation?
(a) The two would battle
(b) Louis would return to New Orleans
(c) Louis would cease to help Lestat kill
(d) Louis would return to Pointe du Lac
9. Who does Louis kill just before burning Pointe du Lac?
(c) Daniel the slave
10. What does Lestat discover when he tries to leave the following night?
(a) That Babette has locked them in
(b) That it's too light to leave
(c) That the room is flooded
(d) That Louis is too drunk to leave
11. What does Claudia say will be the outcome if Louis interferes with her plan to kill Lestat?
(a) That Lestat will escape
(b) That she'll be killed
(c) That Louis will be killed
(d) That they won't be able to leave
12. What happens the first time Louis drinks the blood of his own victim?
(a) He gets sick
(b) He faints
(c) He asks for more
(d) He completes the transition to become a vampire
13. What does Lestat say is true of his relationship with Louis?
(a) That Louis is physically superior but mentally inferior to Lestat
(b) That Louis is his slave
(c) That they are partners
(d) That Louis will never be the killer a vampire must be
14. What does option does Lestat give Claudia on her first day with him?
(a) To sleep with Lestat or with Louis
(b) To become a vampire or die
(c) To leave to find her mother
(d) To drink more from the slave boy who was dead
15. Where does Lestat take the little girl once they leave the hospital?
(a) To Paris
(b) To her house
(c) To Pointe du Lac
(d) To their hotel room
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they hide what happened to the man?
2. What does Claudia hit Lestat with as Lestat and Louis fight on the night Louis and Claudia plan to leave for Europe?
3. How does Louis justify his decision to drink from the little girl again?
4. What does Louis give the young musician when he comes searching for Lestat?
5. How does Paul die?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)