|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused a great increase in the number of orphans
(a) Parents abandoning children
(b) Children running away from home
(c) Plague killing parents
(d) Vampires killing parents
2. When Claudia suggests that they people the world with vampires, what does Lestat say?
(a) That only the willing can be made vampires
(b) That Claudia and Louis don't have the power
(c) That he agrees to her plan
(d) That they would starve for lack of food sources
3. What does Lestat say will be their relationship to the little girl?
(a) That she's to be Lestat's alone
(b) That she's their slave
(c) That she'll now help them kill
(d) That she's their daughter
4. What does Claudia hit Lestat with as Lestat and Louis fight on the night Louis and Claudia plan to leave for Europe?
(a) A poker
(b) A book
(c) A lamp
(d) A hammer
5. What did Paul aspire to become?
(a) A farmer
(b) A vampire
(c) A journalist
(d) A priest
6. How does Louis know Lestat is alive just prior to their midnight departure time?
(a) Claudia sees him
(b) Lestat calls out to him
(c) Louis hears his step on the stairs
(d) Lestat beckons from the street below
7. What color is the dress Claudia wears on the night they plan to leave for Europe?
8. What physical effect does the drinking of blood have on a vampire, according to Louis?
(a) It leaves him drugged
(b) It warms his body
(c) It makes him pale
(d) It has no effect
9. What do chrysanthemums stand for in Claudia's mind?
10. Who killed Lestat's father?
(b) Daniel the slave
(d) The Frenier boy
11. What do Louis and Claudia come to believe has happened to the boy when he first comes searching for Lestat?
(a) That Lestat has been feeding on the boy
(b) That he's lost
(c) That the boy has died and been resurrected
(d) That the boy has been poisoned
12. How does Lestat teach Louis it's possible to travel by ship?
(a) Ship's quarters contain beds that are sufficiently dim
(b) Pretend the coffin carries the remains of a loved one
(c) It's not possible for a vampire to travel by ship
(d) They don't discuss the issue
13. What does Lestat say is true of his relationship with Louis?
(a) That they are partners
(b) That Louis will never be the killer a vampire must be
(c) That Louis is his slave
(d) That Louis is physically superior but mentally inferior to Lestat
14. What does Louis give the young musician when he comes searching for Lestat?
(b) His music scores
15. When Claudia and Louis are watching outside for the person she claims followed her home, they hear a noise. Who is in the house at that point?
(a) The musician
(c) The police
(d) A child
Short Answer Questions
1. What change does Claudia prompt in Louis?
2. What does Claudia say will be the outcome if Louis interferes with her plan to kill Lestat?
3. In what city is the interview conducted?
4. What does Louis feel when Claudia wants a coffin of her own?
5. When Louis and Lestat arrive in New Orleans the day after the burning of Pointe du Lac, what does Louis choose for sustenance?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)