|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laxmi always eating at her desk?
2. What did Haldar and his wife feel a wedding for Bibi would be?
3. What does Miranda purchase for her "mistress clothes"?
4. Where did Sanjeev go to college?
5. What did Sanjeev's friend Prabal call Twinkle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rohin, the seven-year-old, tell Miranda that makes her rethink her decision to be with Dev?
2. What purchases does Miranda make because she thinks they are things a mistress would buy?
3. What does Twinkle find in the yard of her new house, and how did their reactions to this item once again differ?
4. What changes about Mrs. Sen's behavior during the month of November?
5. What ends up happening to Bibi after her cousin abandons her?
6. Describe where and how Mrs. Sen practices her driving.
7. Please describe the Sens' experiences at the seaside with Elliot, as well as their drive home.
8. What happens when Mrs. Sen tries to drive to the fish market with Elliot?
9. Why are whole, fresh fish important to Mrs. Sen?
10. What happens to Bibi when her cousin's wife becomes pregnant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the baby in "A Temporary Matter" a metaphor for the marriage of Shoba and Shukumar?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the "telling game" was used to further both the plot and the themes of "A Temporary Matter."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the character of Twinkle is representative of the synthesis of Indian and American cultures.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)