|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the neighbors learn about Bibi after her cousin abandons her?
2. Where did Miranda grow up?
3. What did the neighbors think Bibi had never been taught correctly?
4. What is the name of the department store where Miranda meets Dev?
5. What did Sanjeev feel about all the Christian paraphernalia in his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Bibi when her cousin's wife becomes pregnant?
2. Where did Miranda meet Dev?
3. Describe where and how Mrs. Sen practices her driving.
4. Please describe the Sens' experiences at the seaside with Elliot, as well as their drive home.
5. Why are whole, fresh fish important to Mrs. Sen?
6. What do Dev and Miranda do one day when they are walking around Boston? What does Dev tell her during this outing?
7. How do the neighbor's protest Haldar's treatment of Bibi?
8. Describe Bibi Haldar.
9. What does Sanjeev think of Twinkle as he gets to know his new wife?
10. What did Twinkle find on the first day her new home? How does Sanjeev's reaction to these newly found items differ from Twinkle's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Boori Ma and Bibi Haldar. What did each of them represent in society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the characters of The Interpreter of Maladies encompass both the best and worst aspects of American and Indian cultures.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the character of Twinkle is representative of the synthesis of Indian and American cultures.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)