|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the department store where Miranda meets Dev?
(a) Lord and Taylor.
(b) Saks Fifth Avenue.
2. Where did Haldar refuse to take Bibi?
(a) To the wedding planner.
(b) To the town center.
(c) To the photographer.
(d) To the market.
3. What did the doctors finally conclude would cure Bibi?
4. What does Elliot think the blade of Mrs. Sen's chopping knife looks like?
(a) An Indian palace.
(b) An Egyptian prymid.
(c) A slippery snake.
(d) A Viking ship.
5. From whose point of view is "The Treatment of Bibi Haldar" being told?
(a) Bibi's father.
(c) Bibi's cousin.
(d) The neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haldar's wife keep away from Bibi?
2. What surprisingly good meal does Twinkle prepare for Sanjeev?
3. What type of business does Bibi's cousin have?
4. How many years has Laxmi's cousin been married when her husband leaves her for a woman in London?
5. What did Sanjeev feel about all the Christian paraphernalia in his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Please describe the Sens' experiences at the seaside with Elliot, as well as their drive home.
2. What did Twinkle find on the first day her new home? How does Sanjeev's reaction to these newly found items differ from Twinkle's?
3. Describe where and how Mrs. Sen practices her driving.
4. What purchases does Miranda make because she thinks they are things a mistress would buy?
5. Why does Elliot like going to Mrs. Sen's in the afternoons?
6. What do Dev and Miranda do one day when they are walking around Boston? What does Dev tell her during this outing?
7. What is found during the housewarming party Sanjeev and Twinkle have for Sanjeev's friends?
8. What ends up happening to Bibi after her cousin abandons her?
9. Where did Miranda meet Dev?
10. Describe Bibi Haldar.
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)