|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elliot's mother give him after he is in the car accident with Mrs. Sen?
(a) A new apartment.
(b) A new babysitter.
(c) A bike.
(d) A house key.
2. How old is Mrs. Sen?
(a) About Sixty.
(b) Over fifty.
(c) Over forty.
(d) About thirty.
3. What was the name of the Indian family on Miranda's street when she was growing up?
4. What does Miranda purchase for her "mistress clothes"?
(a) A cocktail dress.
(b) A negligee.
(c) A leather bra.
(d) High leather boots.
5. What did Haldar and his wife feel a wedding for Bibi would be?
(a) A joyful celebration.
(b) A sad day.
(c) A dream realized.
(d) A waste of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Sen and Elliot eat at the cafeteria the afternoon they spend exploring the university?
2. What does Elliot notice by the door the first time he visits Mrs. Sen's apartment?
3. Where does Twinkle take all the guests during the party?
4. Where does Mrs. Sen do all her vegetable chopping each afternoon?
5. What time of day does Dev's wife call him from India?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mrs. Sen tries to drive to the fish market with Elliot?
2. Why do Bibi's cousin and his wife doubt there is a cure for Bibi?
3. Describe who is invited to Twinkle and Sanjeev's housewarming party.
4. Describe Bibi Haldar.
5. What does Sanjeev think of Twinkle as he gets to know his new wife?
6. What is found during the housewarming party Sanjeev and Twinkle have for Sanjeev's friends?
7. What happens to Bibi when her cousin's wife becomes pregnant?
8. Why are whole, fresh fish important to Mrs. Sen?
9. What sad story does Laxmi tell Miranda about her cousin's marriage?
10. What did Twinkle find on the first day her new home? How does Sanjeev's reaction to these newly found items differ from Twinkle's?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)