|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Chatterjee say that Boori Ma's mouth was full of?
2. Mr. Pirzada's daughters' names all start with what letter?
3. How soon is the baby due when Shukumar goes to an academic conference?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three weeks.
4. What does Shoba remind Shukumar that he has on Friday?
(a) Dissertation meeting.
(b) Dentist appointment.
(c) Test review.
(d) Annual check-up.
5. What did Shoba give Shukumar for their first wedding anniversary?
(a) Sweater vest.
(d) Knitted scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shukumar make for dinner the first night the power is out?
2. What is the final secret Shukumar reveals to Shoba?
3. What does Boori Ma carry on the end of her Sari?
4. What kind of box does Lilia keep beside her bed?
5. What did Mrs. Dalal promise to bring Boori Ma from her trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Das family tour take a trip into the hills of Udayagiri?
2. What do Shukumar and Shoba do the first night the power is turned off?
3. What does the power outage remind Shoba of from her childhood?
4. Without the Dalals around to protect her, what happens to Boori Ma?
5. Why isn't Mrs. Dalal pleased with what Mr. Dalal does for her when he gets a promotion?
6. Why does Lilia say a prayer for Mr. Pirzada's family?
7. What unfortunate incident occurs on the trip to the hills of Udayagiri?
8. What are the national distinctions between Pakistan and India that Lilia is unaware of?
9. Who is Boori Ma and what does she do for a living?
10. What happens when Shukumar attends an academic conference in Baltimore during Shoba's pregnancy?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)