|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Mr. Kapasi's son when he died in his mother's arms?
2. Who does Boori Ma say her third daughter married?
(a) A school principal.
(b) A landowner.
(c) A professor.
(d) A toilet salesman.
3. What is the subject of Shukumar's dissertation?
(a) Farm policy in Inida.
(b) The American Revolution.
(c) Agrarian revolts in Inida.
(d) The India-Pakistan War.
4. How does Mrs. Das comfort Bobby after the monkey attack?
(a) Soothing words.
(b) Brushes his hair.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Promises to protect him always.
5. What is the final secret Shukumar reveals to Shoba?
(a) He wants to move out.
(b) He cheated on a exam.
(c) He was unfaithful.
(d) The sex of their baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boori Ma carry on the end of her Sari?
2. How long will the Mr. and Mrs. Dalal be away from the building?
3. How long does Mr. Kapasi calculate it will be before he receives mail from Mrs. Das?
4. What American television show does Mr. Kapasi refer to?
5. What does Shukumar make for dinner the first night the power is out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the rituals Mr. Pirzada follows nightly?
2. What are the national distinctions between Pakistan and India that Lilia is unaware of?
3. What does Mr. Kapasi think of Mr. and Mrs. Das as parents?
4. Why does Lilia say a prayer for Mr. Pirzada's family?
5. Without the Dalals around to protect her, what happens to Boori Ma?
6. Why does the Das family tour take a trip into the hills of Udayagiri?
7. What does the power outage remind Shoba of from her childhood?
8. What secret does Mina Das reveal to Mr. Kapasi?
9. What would Mr. Kapasi like to be doing for work?
10. What unfortunate incident occurs on the trip to the hills of Udayagiri?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)