|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Pirzada's daughters' names all start with what letter?
2. What happens to the piece of paper Mr. Kapasi gave Mrs. Das?
(a) He slips it out of her purse.
(b) The monkeys take it.
(c) She tears into peices.
(d) It flutters away.
3. How long ago did Shoba and Shukumar's baby die?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Four years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
4. What did Mrs. Dalal promise to bring Boori Ma from her trip?
(a) A picture.
(b) A trinket.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A new sari.
5. What is Mrs. Dalal's reaction to her husband bring home the two basins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shoba remind Shukumar that he has on Friday?
2. What event had Shoba already planned for their baby?
3. What is the name of the Indian sun god that the Das family see statues of at the Sun Temple?
4. What is Boori Ma's main job at the building where she lives?
5. What game do Mr. Pirzada and Lilia's parents play each night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Mr. Pirzada returns to Pakistan?
2. What would Mr. Kapasi like to be doing for work?
3. Why is the electricity being turned off in Shoba and Shukumar's neighborhood in "A Temporary Matter"?
4. What do Shukumar and Shoba do the first night the power is turned off?
5. What devastating secret does Shukumar tell Shoba during the telling game to hurt her?
6. Why isn't Mrs. Dalal pleased with what Mr. Dalal does for her when he gets a promotion?
7. What secret does Mina Das reveal to Mr. Kapasi?
8. Without the Dalals around to protect her, what happens to Boori Ma?
9. Why does Lilia say a prayer for Mr. Pirzada's family?
10. What happens when Mr. Pirzada asks what the large orange vegetables are that he sees on porches?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)