|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mr. and Mrs. Das meet?
(a) High school.
(c) Arranged marriage.
2. How did the residents of the building know Boori Ma was a refugee?
(a) Her accent.
(b) Her tales.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her wealth.
3. What is the name of Mr. and Mrs. Das' daughter?
4. What is the name of Lilia's teacher?
(a) Mrs. Dixit.
(b) Mrs. Conner.
(c) Mrs. Bradford.
(d) Mrs. Kenyon.
5. What did Lilia stop doing each night so as not to ruin her prayer for Mr. Pirzada's family?
(a) Saying goodnight.
(b) Sleeping in her bed.
(c) Brushing her teeth.
(d) Washing her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important function did the residents think Boori Ma did for them?
2. What does Mrs. Das do in the car as her family drives through In India?
3. What is Shoba's occupation in "A Temporary Matter"?
4. What is the date when Shoba checks the wall calendar, the day they get the electricity shut-off notice?
5. What is Lilia's mother's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr. Kapasi's other occupation?
2. What unfortunate incident occurs on the trip to the hills of Udayagiri?
3. Why does the Das family tour take a trip into the hills of Udayagiri?
4. What happens after Mr. Pirzada returns to Pakistan?
5. What do the residents of the building think about Boori Ma?
6. What problems do the two new basins purchased by Mr. Dalal cause in Boori Ma's building?
7. Why does Mr. Pirzada offer to go trick-or-treating with Lilia?
8. What do Shoba and Shukumar tell each other the second night of the telling game?
9. Why is the electricity being turned off in Shoba and Shukumar's neighborhood in "A Temporary Matter"?
10. Why does Lilia say a prayer for Mr. Pirzada's family?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)