|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the doctors finally conclude would cure Bibi?
2. What makes Mrs. Sen happy?
(a) Flowers from her husband.
(b) Fresh fish.
(c) Driving lessons.
(d) Calls from India.
3. What is the name of the department store where Miranda meets Dev?
(a) Lord and Taylor.
(c) Saks Fifth Avenue.
4. What does Bibi want all the neighbors to tell her about?
5. Where does Laxmi's cousin's husband meet the woman he leaves his wife for?
(a) In London.
(b) On a plane.
(c) In a store.
(d) In India.
6. What helps Bibi during her attacks?
(a) Sweet tastes.
(b) The smell of leather.
(c) Slaps on the face.
(d) The smell of rose water.
7. Where does Sanjeev want to put the statue they find in the yard?
(a) The front yard.
(b) The nieghbor's yard.
(c) The dump.
(d) The porch.
8. Laxmi has a picture of herself and her husband taken where?
(a) Eiffel Tower.
(b) Niagara Falls.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Taj Mahal.
9. In what city does the story "Sexy" take place?
(b) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
10. Where does Twinkle take all the guests during the party?
(a) The yard.
(b) The porch.
(c) The basement.
(d) The attic.
11. Twinkle says everyday in the house is like _________.
(a) A blessed event.
(b) A treasure hunt.
(c) A little piece of heaven.
(d) A nightmare.
12. What do Mrs. Sen and Elliot eat at the cafeteria the afternoon they spend exploring the university?
(c) Hot dogs.
(d) French fries.
13. What magazine does Dev leave at Miranda's apartment?
(a) The Economist.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) Rolling Stones.
(d) The Bostonian.
14. What is Sanjeev putting on the wall in the living room when Twinkle comes in to show him the first Christ figurine?
15. What did Haldar do to "help" Bibi find a husband?
(a) Buy her new clothes.
(b) Bring elgible men home.
(c) Place an ad.
(d) Ask his friends for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the neighbors learn about Bibi after her cousin abandons her?
2. What does Sanjeev call his feelings for Twinkle?
3. What did the neighbors say prospective in-laws would do to Bibi?
4. What does Elliot think the blade of Mrs. Sen's chopping knife looks like?
5. What does Elliot notice by the door the first time he visits Mrs. Sen's apartment?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)