|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sanjeev's friend Prabal call Twinkle?
2. How many years has Laxmi's cousin been married when her husband leaves her for a woman in London?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Nine years.
(d) Four years.
3. What does the seven-year-old Rohin ask Miranda to serve him?
4. What did the doctors say was Bibi's actual ailment?
(a) Muliple personalities.
5. Where does Twinkle take all the guests during the party?
(a) The attic.
(b) The porch.
(c) The yard.
(d) The basement.
6. What does Mrs. Sen hope to find in the mailbox each day?
(a) A white envelope.
(b) A brown package.
(c) A blue aerogram.
(d) A yellow telegram.
7. What did Sanjeev's friends admire most during the party?
(a) His wife.
(b) The house.
(c) The Christian icons.
(d) The landscaping.
8. From whose point of view is "The Treatment of Bibi Haldar" being told?
(a) Bibi's cousin.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) Bibi's father.
9. How old is Bibi Halder?
10. Where does Dev tell his wife he is going on Sundays?
11. Where does Mrs. Sen do all her vegetable chopping each afternoon?
(a) Standing at the kitchen sink.
(b) Sitting at the coffee table in the living room.
(c) Standing in front of the dining room table.
(d) Sitting on newspapers in the living room.
12. What was the name of the Indian family on Miranda's street when she was growing up?
13. What does Miranda purchase at the department store on the day she meets Dev?
(c) Wrinkle cream.
(d) Cocktail dress.
14. What is the name of the department store where Miranda meets Dev?
(a) Lord and Taylor.
(d) Saks Fifth Avenue.
15. Laxmi has a picture of herself and her husband taken where?
(a) Taj Mahal.
(b) Niagara Falls.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Eiffel Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laxmi always eating at her desk?
2. What type of business does Bibi's cousin have?
3. What do Mrs. Sen and Elliot eat at the cafeteria the afternoon they spend exploring the university?
4. What is Sanjeev putting on the wall in the living room when Twinkle comes in to show him the first Christ figurine?
5. How old is Mrs. Sen?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)