|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Shoba and Shukumar's neighbors?
2. Lilia is unaware of national distinctions until she asks her father about setting a ________ for the Indian man.
3. What does Mrs. Das complain about as they drive around India?
(b) Their hotel.
(c) The food.
(d) The scenery.
4. How old is Lilia during the events of her story?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Thirteen years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
5. Where did Shoba and Shukumar go on their first date?
(a) A poetry recital.
(b) A book store.
(c) A hotel bar.
(d) A Portuguese resturant.
6. What does Mr. Das do for a living?
(b) Science teacher.
(c) Museum guide.
(d) Graduate student.
7. What is the date when Shoba checks the wall calendar, the day they get the electricity shut-off notice?
(a) June 29.
(b) May 29.
(c) April 19.
(d) March 19.
8. What did Boori Ma claim she was before coming to the building.
(a) A professor.
(b) A toilet cleaner.
(c) A landowner.
(d) A school principal.
9. How old is Mr. Kapasi?
10. How old is Shoba?
11. Lilia recalls events that occur in the fall of what year?
12. What was the name of the friend who drove Shoba to the hospital?
13. What does Shukumar make for dinner the first night the power is out?
14. What did Lilia stop doing each night so as not to ruin her prayer for Mr. Pirzada's family?
(a) Sleeping in her bed.
(b) Saying goodnight.
(c) Brushing her teeth.
(d) Washing her face.
15. What gets stolen from the building while Boori Ma is away for the afternoon?
(a) All the keys.
(b) The telephone.
(c) Both basins.
(d) The basin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. and Mrs. Das' daughter?
2. Where is the Das family from?
3. What does Ronny Das want to give the goat he sees from the car window in "Interpreter of Maladies?"
4. How old was Mr. Kapasi's son when he died in his mother's arms?
5. How did the residents of the building know Boori Ma was a refugee?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)