|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Pirzada has a grant to study what?
(b) Wars in India.
(c) New England foliage.
(d) American Revolution.
2. Because of the war with India Mr. Pirzada does not hear from his family for how many months?
3. What is on the front of Mrs. Das' shirt that keeps attracting Mr. Kapasi's eyes?
(a) A flag.
(b) A rose.
(c) An American phrase.
(d) A strawberry.
4. What is Mrs. Dalal's reaction to her husband bring home the two basins?
5. What is Boori Ma's main job at the building where she lives?
(a) Sweeping the stairs.
(b) Cooking the food.
(c) Washing the toilets.
(d) Cleaning the bedding.
6. Mr. Pirzada is from what city in Pakistan?
7. Mr. Kapasi thinks the Das couple acts like what?
8. What happens to the piece of paper Mr. Kapasi gave Mrs. Das?
(a) It flutters away.
(b) The monkeys take it.
(c) He slips it out of her purse.
(d) She tears into peices.
9. What is the subject of Shukumar's dissertation?
(a) Agrarian revolts in Inida.
(b) Farm policy in Inida.
(c) The American Revolution.
(d) The India-Pakistan War.
10. Mr. Pirzada's daughters' names all start with what letter?
11. How many daughters does Mr. Pirzada have?
12. What did Shoba give Shukumar for their first wedding anniversary?
(b) Knitted scarf.
(d) Sweater vest.
13. When did Mr. and Mrs. Das meet?
(a) Arranged marriage.
(c) High school.
14. In what city does "A Real Durwan" take place?
(c) New York.
15. What did Mrs. Dalal promise to bring Boori Ma from her trip?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A trinket.
(c) A new sari.
(d) A picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ronny Das want to give the goat he sees from the car window in "Interpreter of Maladies?"
2. Where did Shoba and Shukumar go on their first date?
3. What does Lilia tell Dora about Mr. Pirzada's daughters?
4. What is the name of Mr. and Mrs. Das' daughter?
5. What is the name of the Indian sun god that the Das family see statues of at the Sun Temple?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)