|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the friend who drove Shoba to the hospital?
2. What month does Shoba's mother come for a visit?
3. What do the excited Das children see from the car as they drive through India?
4. How long ago did Shoba and Shukumar's baby die?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
5. How long has Shukumar been in graduate school?
(a) Four years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Two years.
6. Where is the academic conference Shukumar attends when Shoba is pregnant?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
7. What is the name of the Indian sun god that the Das family see statues of at the Sun Temple?
8. Lilia's parents were born where?
9. In what city does "A Real Durwan" take place?
(b) New York.
10. Mr. Pirzada sends Lilia's family a card for what occasion?
(b) Hindu New Year.
(c) Muslim New Year.
11. What does Shukumar make for dinner the first night the power is out?
12. How long will the Mr. and Mrs. Dalal be away from the building?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 3 months.
13. Shoba thought the poem Shukumar published was what?
14. How old is Mr. Kapasi?
15. What is Boori Ma's main job at the building where she lives?
(a) Cleaning the bedding.
(b) Cooking the food.
(c) Washing the toilets.
(d) Sweeping the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Dalal promise to bring Boori Ma from her trip?
2. In which month does Mr. Pirzada return to Pakistan?
3. What does Boori Ma think is in her bedding?
4. Which resident of the building decided Boori Ma should be thrown out?
5. What happens to the piece of paper Mr. Kapasi gave Mrs. Das?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)