|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Pirzada sends Lilia's family a card for what occasion?
(c) Muslim New Year.
(d) Hindu New Year.
2. Where is the Das family from?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
3. What does Lilia tell Dora about Mr. Pirzada's daughters?
(a) They are dead.
(b) They are brats.
(c) They are missing.
(d) They are pretty.
4. What is the name of Lilia's teacher?
(a) Mrs. Conner.
(b) Mrs. Bradford.
(c) Mrs. Dixit.
(d) Mrs. Kenyon.
5. What does Mrs. Das want to mail to Mr. Kapasi?
(a) American trinkets.
(b) Love letters.
(c) Pictures from the trip.
(d) Pictures of her.
6. How old was Mr. Kapasi's son when he died in his mother's arms?
7. What is Mrs. Dalal's reaction to her husband bring home the two basins?
8. How long has Shukumar been in graduate school?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Seven years.
9. What does Shoba remind Shukumar that he has on Friday?
(a) Dentist appointment.
(b) Dissertation meeting.
(c) Annual check-up.
(d) Test review.
10. What kind of box does Lilia keep beside her bed?
11. How old is Boori Ma?
12. What does Ronny Das want to give the goat he sees from the car window in "Interpreter of Maladies?"
13. How long does Mr. Kapasi calculate it will be before he receives mail from Mrs. Das?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Two weeks.
14. What did Mr. Chatterjee say that Boori Ma's mouth was full of?
15. What is Lilia's mother's occupation?
(a) Bank teller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lilia's father explains to her that the British gave independence to India in what year?
2. Lilia is unaware of national distinctions until she asks her father about setting a ________ for the Indian man.
3. What is Boori Ma's main job at the building where she lives?
4. Lilia treats the little candies Mr. Pirzada brings her like what?
5. What does Boori Ma carry on the end of her Sari?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)