|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American television show does Mr. Kapasi refer to?
2. What is on the front of Mrs. Das' shirt that keeps attracting Mr. Kapasi's eyes?
(a) A strawberry.
(b) A flag.
(c) A rose.
(d) An American phrase.
3. What gets stolen from the building while Boori Ma is away for the afternoon?
(a) The basin.
(b) All the keys.
(c) The telephone.
(d) Both basins.
4. What kind of box does Lilia keep beside her bed?
5. How does Mrs. Das comfort Bobby after the monkey attack?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Soothing words.
(c) Promises to protect him always.
(d) Brushes his hair.
6. How old is Mrs. Das?
7. What phrase accompanied all of Boori Ma's stories?
(a) Believe me, don't believe me.
(b) Back in the day.
(c) As God is my witness.
(d) All true, every word.
8. Where is the Das family from?
(a) New York.
(b) New Hampshire.
(d) New Jersey.
9. How many daughters does Mr. Pirzada have?
10. What did Lilia stop doing each night so as not to ruin her prayer for Mr. Pirzada's family?
(a) Sleeping in her bed.
(b) Brushing her teeth.
(c) Washing her face.
(d) Saying goodnight.
11. How long has Shukumar been in graduate school?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six years.
12. Mr. Pirzada has a grant to study what?
(b) New England foliage.
(c) Wars in India.
(d) American Revolution.
13. How did the residents of the building know Boori Ma was a refugee?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her tales.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her accent.
14. What is the name of Lilia's teacher?
(a) Mrs. Kenyon.
(b) Mrs. Bradford.
(c) Mrs. Conner.
(d) Mrs. Dixit.
15. What did Shoba give Shukumar for their first wedding anniversary?
(b) Sweater vest.
(c) Knitted scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ronny Das want to give the goat he sees from the car window in "Interpreter of Maladies?"
2. What is Shoba's occupation in "A Temporary Matter"?
3. What did Boori Ma claim she was before coming to the building.
4. Shoba thought the poem Shukumar published was what?
5. What language does Mr. Kapasi translate for the doctor he works with?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)