|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mr. and Mrs. Das meet?
(b) High school.
(c) Arranged marriage.
2. What does Mrs. Das want to mail to Mr. Kapasi?
(a) Love letters.
(b) Pictures of her.
(c) American trinkets.
(d) Pictures from the trip.
3. What kind of box does Lilia keep beside her bed?
4. Lilia is unaware of national distinctions until she asks her father about setting a ________ for the Indian man.
5. What did Shoba give Shukumar for their first wedding anniversary?
(a) Sweater vest.
(c) Knitted scarf.
6. What do the excited Das children see from the car as they drive through India?
7. Mr. Kapasi thinks the Das couple acts like what?
8. Mr. Pirzada's daughters' names all start with what letter?
9. What is Boori Ma's main job at the building where she lives?
(a) Cleaning the bedding.
(b) Washing the toilets.
(c) Cooking the food.
(d) Sweeping the stairs.
10. Mr. Pirzada has a grant to study what?
(a) American Revolution.
(b) Wars in India.
(c) New England foliage.
11. What did Boori Ma claim she was before coming to the building.
(a) A professor.
(b) A school principal.
(c) A toilet cleaner.
(d) A landowner.
12. Lilia treats the little candies Mr. Pirzada brings her like what?
13. How soon is the baby due when Shukumar goes to an academic conference?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two months.
14. How does Mrs. Das comfort Bobby after the monkey attack?
(a) Brushes his hair.
(b) Soothing words.
(c) Promises to protect him always.
(d) Hugs him.
15. What is Lilia's mother's occupation?
(c) Bank teller.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mr. Kapasi's son when he died in his mother's arms?
2. How did the residents of the building know Boori Ma was a refugee?
3. What attracts the monkeys to Bobby Das?
4. Which resident of the building decided Boori Ma should be thrown out?
5. What does Shoba remind Shukumar that he has on Friday?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)