|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shukumar make for dinner the first night the power is out?
2. Where is the Das family from?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
(d) New Hampshire.
3. Mr. Pirzada's daughters' names all start with what letter?
4. Lilia's father wonders if she is learning about what in school?
(a) American Revolution.
(b) Wars in India.
(c) New England foliage.
5. What is the subject of Shukumar's dissertation?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) Farm policy in Inida.
(c) The India-Pakistan War.
(d) Agrarian revolts in Inida.
6. Mr. Pirzada is from what city in Pakistan?
7. What month does Shoba's mother come for a visit?
8. Lilia's father explains to her that the British gave independence to India in what year?
9. How old is Mr. Kapasi?
10. What game do Mr. Pirzada and Lilia's parents play each night?
11. How old was Mr. Kapasi's son when he died in his mother's arms?
12. Lilia's parents were born where?
13. Mr. Kapasi thinks the Das couple acts like what?
14. What is the final secret Shoba reveals to Shukumar?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She was unfaithful.
(c) She wants to move out.
(d) The sex of their baby.
15. In which month does Mr. Pirzada return to Pakistan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Shukumar been in graduate school?
2. What language does Mr. Kapasi translate for the doctor he works with?
3. How long does Mr. Kapasi calculate it will be before he receives mail from Mrs. Das?
4. How old is Lilia during the events of her story?
5. What does Mr. Das do for a living?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)