|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Boori Ma sleep?
(a) Under the letter boxes.
(b) In the stairwell.
(c) In the alley.
(d) On the roof.
2. What is on the front of Mrs. Das' shirt that keeps attracting Mr. Kapasi's eyes?
(a) A strawberry.
(b) A flag.
(c) An American phrase.
(d) A rose.
3. In what city does "A Real Durwan" take place?
(b) New York.
4. What is Lilia's mother's occupation?
(d) Bank teller.
5. Because of the war with India Mr. Pirzada does not hear from his family for how many months?
6. How long has Shukumar been in graduate school?
(a) Six years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Four years.
7. How many daughters does Mr. Pirzada have?
8. Where is the Das family from?
(a) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New Hampshire.
9. Shoba thought the poem Shukumar published was what?
10. How long has Mr. Kapasi been a tour guide?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Ten years.
11. What American television show does Mr. Kapasi refer to?
12. Mr. Pirzada has a grant to study what?
(a) American Revolution.
(c) Wars in India.
(d) New England foliage.
13. Where did Shukumar grow up?
(a) Rhode Island.
(c) New Hampshire.
14. What does Mrs. Das do in the car as her family drives through In India?
(a) Looks out the window.
(b) Sings to the children.
(c) Reads the guide book.
(d) Paints her nails.
15. What attracts the monkeys to Bobby Das?
(a) Mrs. Das spilled puffed rice.
(b) Mrs. Das spilled soda.
(c) Bobby's gum.
(d) Bobby's stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date when Shoba checks the wall calendar, the day they get the electricity shut-off notice?
2. How old is Mrs. Das?
3. How long does Mr. Kapasi calculate it will be before he receives mail from Mrs. Das?
4. What is Mrs. Dalal's reaction to her husband bring home the two basins?
5. What did Lilia stop doing each night so as not to ruin her prayer for Mr. Pirzada's family?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)