|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pirzada give Lilia for Halloween?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A purple lollipop.
(c) A flashlight.
2. Lilia's parents were born where?
3. Lilia is unaware of national distinctions until she asks her father about setting a ________ for the Indian man.
4. How soon is the baby due when Shukumar goes to an academic conference?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six weeks.
5. Mr. Kapasi thinks the Das couple acts like what?
6. What month does Shoba's mother come for a visit?
7. What is the date when Shoba checks the wall calendar, the day they get the electricity shut-off notice?
(a) May 29.
(b) April 19.
(c) March 19.
(d) June 29.
8. How old was Mr. Kapasi's son when he died in his mother's arms?
9. Lilia treats the little candies Mr. Pirzada brings her like what?
10. Mr. Pirzada's daughters' names all start with what letter?
11. What is Boori Ma's main job at the building where she lives?
(a) Washing the toilets.
(b) Cleaning the bedding.
(c) Sweeping the stairs.
(d) Cooking the food.
12. In which month does Mr. Pirzada return to Pakistan?
13. What happens to the piece of paper Mr. Kapasi gave Mrs. Das?
(a) The monkeys take it.
(b) She tears into peices.
(c) He slips it out of her purse.
(d) It flutters away.
14. How does Mrs. Das comfort Bobby after the monkey attack?
(a) Brushes his hair.
(b) Soothing words.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Promises to protect him always.
15. In what city does "A Real Durwan" take place?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shoba thought the poem Shukumar published was what?
2. What important function did the residents think Boori Ma did for them?
3. Where does Boori Ma sleep?
4. How old is Lilia during the events of her story?
5. What did Lilia stop doing each night so as not to ruin her prayer for Mr. Pirzada's family?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)