|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lilia's father's occupation?
(c) Graduate student.
(d) Bank teller.
2. How old is Shukumar?
3. What is the name of Lilia's teacher?
(a) Mrs. Conner.
(b) Mrs. Kenyon.
(c) Mrs. Dixit.
(d) Mrs. Bradford.
4. How many daughters does Mr. Pirzada have?
5. How long will the Mr. and Mrs. Dalal be away from the building?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 10 days.
6. Lilia is unaware of national distinctions until she asks her father about setting a ________ for the Indian man.
7. What is the final secret Shukumar reveals to Shoba?
(a) He was unfaithful.
(b) He wants to move out.
(c) He cheated on a exam.
(d) The sex of their baby.
8. What does Boori Ma carry on the end of her Sari?
(a) Skeleton keys.
9. Lilia recalls events that occur in the fall of what year?
10. How soon is the baby due when Shukumar goes to an academic conference?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
11. What does Mr. Pirzada do each time he enters the home of Lilia's family?
(a) Bows to Lilia's father.
(b) Removes his shoes.
(c) Offers a bottle of wine.
(d) Says a prayer.
12. What does Mrs. Das want to mail to Mr. Kapasi?
(a) American trinkets.
(b) Love letters.
(c) Pictures from the trip.
(d) Pictures of her.
13. What language does Mr. Kapasi translate for the doctor he works with?
14. Mr. Pirzada sends Lilia's family a card for what occasion?
(a) Hindu New Year.
(d) Muslim New Year.
15. What does Shukumar make for dinner the first night the power is out?
Short Answer Questions
1. Shoba and Shukumar are married young Indians living in what city?
2. How long ago did Shoba and Shukumar's baby die?
3. Where did Shoba and Shukumar meet?
4. What game do Mr. Pirzada and Lilia's parents play each night?
5. What American television show does Mr. Kapasi refer to?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)