|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the academic conference Shukumar attends when Shoba is pregnant?
(a) New York City.
(b) Los Angeles.
2. When did Mr. and Mrs. Das meet?
(b) Arranged marriage.
(d) High school.
3. Lilia's father wonders if she is learning about what in school?
(a) New England foliage.
(b) Wars in India.
(d) American Revolution.
4. What is the name of Lilia's teacher?
(a) Mrs. Dixit.
(b) Mrs. Kenyon.
(c) Mrs. Bradford.
(d) Mrs. Conner.
5. What does Boori Ma think is in her bedding?
(a) Prickly heat.
6. How did the residents of the building know Boori Ma was a refugee?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her wealth.
(c) Her tales.
(d) Her accent.
7. What attracts the monkeys to Bobby Das?
(a) Mrs. Das spilled puffed rice.
(b) Mrs. Das spilled soda.
(c) Bobby's gum.
(d) Bobby's stick.
8. Which resident of the building decided Boori Ma should be thrown out?
(a) Mr. Dalal.
(b) Mr. Chatterjee.
(c) Mrs. Dalal.
(d) Mrs. Misra.
9. In which month does Mr. Pirzada return to Pakistan?
10. What does Mr. Pirzada give Lilia for Halloween?
(b) A purple lollipop.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A pumpkin.
11. How old is Mrs. Das?
12. What American television show does Mr. Kapasi refer to?
13. How old is Lilia during the events of her story?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Thirteen years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Nine years old.
14. What important function did the residents think Boori Ma did for them?
(a) Entertain them.
(b) Clean their homes.
(c) Cook for them.
(d) Stand guard.
15. What event had Shoba already planned for their baby?
(a) Rice ceremony.
(b) First birthday.
(d) Naming ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the piece of paper Mr. Kapasi gave Mrs. Das?
2. Mr. Pirzada is from what city in Pakistan?
3. What is Shoba's occupation in "A Temporary Matter"?
4. Where did Shukumar grow up?
5. Shoba thought the poem Shukumar published was what?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)