|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lilia's father explains to her that the British gave independence to India in what year?
2. What does Boori Ma carry on the end of her Sari?
(a) Skeleton keys.
3. What month does Shoba's mother come for a visit?
4. What do the excited Das children see from the car as they drive through India?
5. What does Mr. Pirzada give Lilia for Halloween?
(a) A purple lollipop.
(b) A flashlight.
(d) A pumpkin.
6. What is the final secret Shukumar reveals to Shoba?
(a) He was unfaithful.
(b) He wants to move out.
(c) He cheated on a exam.
(d) The sex of their baby.
7. What does Boori Ma think is in her bedding?
(b) Prickly heat.
8. How soon is the baby due when Shukumar goes to an academic conference?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two months.
9. How long ago did Shoba and Shukumar's baby die?
(a) Four years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
10. What game do Mr. Pirzada and Lilia's parents play each night?
11. How does Mr. Kapasi feel about Mrs. Das's interest in his work as an interpreter?
12. Where is the Das family from?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York.
(d) New Hampshire.
13. How many daughters does Mr. Pirzada have?
14. What is Lilia's mother's occupation?
(b) Bank teller.
15. How old is Shoba?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shoba give Shukumar for their first wedding anniversary?
2. Lilia is unaware of national distinctions until she asks her father about setting a ________ for the Indian man.
3. What does Ronny Das want to give the goat he sees from the car window in "Interpreter of Maladies?"
4. What is Mrs. Dalal's reaction to her husband bring home the two basins?
5. How old was Mr. Kapasi's son when he died in his mother's arms?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)