|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important function did the residents think Boori Ma did for them?
(a) Cook for them.
(b) Stand guard.
(c) Entertain them.
(d) Clean their homes.
2. What was the name of the friend who drove Shoba to the hospital?
3. How old is Shoba?
4. How does Mrs. Das comfort Bobby after the monkey attack?
(a) Soothing words.
(b) Promises to protect him always.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Brushes his hair.
5. What does Ronny Das want to give the goat he sees from the car window in "Interpreter of Maladies?"
6. Mr. Kapasi thinks the Das couple acts like what?
7. What is the name of Shoba and Shukumar's neighbors?
8. How long ago did Shoba and Shukumar's baby die?
(a) Three months.
(b) Four years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three weeks.
9. How old is Mr. Kapasi?
10. What did Boori Ma claim she was before coming to the building.
(a) A landowner.
(b) A school principal.
(c) A toilet cleaner.
(d) A professor.
11. How old is Boori Ma?
12. What do the excited Das children see from the car as they drive through India?
13. How long will the Mr. and Mrs. Dalal be away from the building?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
14. What game do Mr. Pirzada and Lilia's parents play each night?
15. Lilia treats the little candies Mr. Pirzada brings her like what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Das do for a living?
2. How long has Shukumar been in graduate school?
3. What is Mrs. Dalal's reaction to her husband bring home the two basins?
4. How did the residents of the building know Boori Ma was a refugee?
5. How old is Shukumar?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)