|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Das want to mail to Mr. Kapasi?
(a) Love letters.
(b) American trinkets.
(c) Pictures of her.
(d) Pictures from the trip.
2. Where is the academic conference Shukumar attends when Shoba is pregnant?
(a) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. What does Mrs. Das complain about as they drive around India?
(a) Their hotel.
(c) The scenery.
(d) The food.
4. What is Shoba's occupation in "A Temporary Matter"?
(b) Graduate student.
(c) Tour guide.
(d) Textbook editor.
5. What does Ronny Das want to give the goat he sees from the car window in "Interpreter of Maladies?"
6. How long does Mr. Kapasi calculate it will be before he receives mail from Mrs. Das?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Seven months.
7. Where does Boori Ma sleep?
(a) Under the letter boxes.
(b) In the alley.
(c) On the roof.
(d) In the stairwell.
8. Mr. Pirzada sends Lilia's family a card for what occasion?
(b) Hindu New Year.
(c) Muslim New Year.
9. What is Lilia's mother's occupation?
(a) Bank teller.
10. Shoba thought the poem Shukumar published was what?
11. What is the date when Shoba checks the wall calendar, the day they get the electricity shut-off notice?
(a) March 19.
(b) June 29.
(c) April 19.
(d) May 29.
12. What does Mrs. Das call Mr. Kapasi's work as an interpreter?
13. How old is Shoba?
14. What month does Shoba's mother come for a visit?
15. What phrase accompanied all of Boori Ma's stories?
(a) As God is my witness.
(b) Believe me, don't believe me.
(c) Back in the day.
(d) All true, every word.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Mr. Kapasi translate for the doctor he works with?
2. Lilia's father explains to her that the British gave independence to India in what year?
3. What did Mrs. Dalal promise to bring Boori Ma from her trip?
4. What does Shukumar make for dinner the first night the power is out?
5. Because of the war with India Mr. Pirzada does not hear from his family for how many months?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)