|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Pirzada sends Lilia's family a card for what occasion?
(a) Hindu New Year.
(b) Muslim New Year.
2. Mr. Pirzada has a grant to study what?
(a) New England foliage.
(b) American Revolution.
(d) Wars in India.
3. What does Ronny Das want to give the goat he sees from the car window in "Interpreter of Maladies?"
4. What does Mrs. Das complain about as they drive around India?
(a) The scenery.
(c) Their hotel.
(d) The food.
5. What does Mrs. Das want to mail to Mr. Kapasi?
(a) Pictures from the trip.
(b) American trinkets.
(c) Love letters.
(d) Pictures of her.
6. What is the name of Shoba and Shukumar's neighbors?
7. What is the final secret Shoba reveals to Shukumar?
(a) She was unfaithful.
(b) The sex of their baby.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She wants to move out.
8. What did Boori Ma claim she was before coming to the building.
(a) A professor.
(b) A school principal.
(c) A landowner.
(d) A toilet cleaner.
9. Mr. Pirzada is from what city in Pakistan?
10. What is the final secret Shukumar reveals to Shoba?
(a) The sex of their baby.
(b) He wants to move out.
(c) He cheated on a exam.
(d) He was unfaithful.
11. What do Lilia and Dora dress up as for Halloween?
12. Shoba and Shukumar are married young Indians living in what city?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
13. What does Mr. Das do for a living?
(a) Museum guide.
(c) Science teacher.
(d) Graduate student.
14. Where did Shoba and Shukumar meet?
(a) Poetry recital.
(b) Portuguese resturant.
(c) Book Store.
(d) Hotel bar.
15. Shoba thought the poem Shukumar published was what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Boori Ma?
2. What is on the front of Mrs. Das' shirt that keeps attracting Mr. Kapasi's eyes?
3. Where does Boori Ma sleep?
4. How long will the Mr. and Mrs. Dalal be away from the building?
5. What does Mr. Pirzada give Lilia for Halloween?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)