|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gets stolen from the building while Boori Ma is away for the afternoon?
(a) All the keys.
(b) The telephone.
(c) Both basins.
(d) The basin.
2. Mr. Pirzada has a grant to study what?
(a) New England foliage.
(b) American Revolution.
(d) Wars in India.
3. Where did Shoba and Shukumar go on their first date?
(a) A hotel bar.
(b) A book store.
(c) A poetry recital.
(d) A Portuguese resturant.
4. When did Mr. and Mrs. Das meet?
(a) High school.
(b) Arranged marriage.
5. How did the residents of the building know Boori Ma was a refugee?
(a) Her accent.
(b) Her wealth.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her tales.
6. Lilia treats the little candies Mr. Pirzada brings her like what?
7. What does Mrs. Das do in the car as her family drives through In India?
(a) Sings to the children.
(b) Paints her nails.
(c) Reads the guide book.
(d) Looks out the window.
8. Which resident of the building decided Boori Ma should be thrown out?
(a) Mr. Chatterjee.
(b) Mrs. Misra.
(c) Mrs. Dalal.
(d) Mr. Dalal.
9. What did Mr. Chatterjee say that Boori Ma's mouth was full of?
10. How old is Mr. Kapasi?
11. What was the name of the friend who drove Shoba to the hospital?
12. In what city does "A Real Durwan" take place?
(a) New York.
13. What is the subject of Shukumar's dissertation?
(a) Agrarian revolts in Inida.
(b) Farm policy in Inida.
(c) The American Revolution.
(d) The India-Pakistan War.
14. What kind of box does Lilia keep beside her bed?
15. How does Mr. Kapasi feel about Mrs. Das's interest in his work as an interpreter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Boori Ma say her third daughter married?
2. What is the name of Lilia's teacher?
3. How old is Lilia during the events of her story?
4. Where did Shukumar grow up?
5. What is the name of Mr. and Mrs. Das' daughter?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)