|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Shukumar been in graduate school?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six years.
2. Where did Shoba and Shukumar go on their first date?
(a) A poetry recital.
(b) A book store.
(c) A hotel bar.
(d) A Portuguese resturant.
3. What is the final secret Shukumar reveals to Shoba?
(a) He cheated on a exam.
(b) He wants to move out.
(c) He was unfaithful.
(d) The sex of their baby.
4. How does Mr. Kapasi feel about Mrs. Das's interest in his work as an interpreter?
5. How old is Shoba?
6. What is Lilia's mother's occupation?
(a) Bank teller.
7. What is Shoba's occupation in "A Temporary Matter"?
(a) Textbook editor.
(b) Tour guide.
(c) Graduate student.
8. Which resident of the building decided Boori Ma should be thrown out?
(a) Mr. Chatterjee.
(b) Mr. Dalal.
(c) Mrs. Misra.
(d) Mrs. Dalal.
9. What is the name of the Indian sun god that the Das family see statues of at the Sun Temple?
10. How long does Mr. Kapasi calculate it will be before he receives mail from Mrs. Das?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two weeks.
11. Mr. Pirzada's daughters' names all start with what letter?
12. What American television show does Mr. Kapasi refer to?
13. How old is Mrs. Das?
14. What did Mrs. Dalal promise to bring Boori Ma from her trip?
(a) A new sari.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A trinket.
(d) A picture.
15. Because of the war with India Mr. Pirzada does not hear from his family for how many months?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does "A Real Durwan" take place?
2. Mr. Pirzada has a grant to study what?
3. Lilia's father explains to her that the British gave independence to India in what year?
4. Where did Shukumar grow up?
5. How did the residents of the building know Boori Ma was a refugee?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)