|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pirzada give Lilia for Halloween?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A purple lollipop.
(d) A flashlight.
2. In what city does "A Real Durwan" take place?
(c) New York.
3. What attracts the monkeys to Bobby Das?
(a) Bobby's stick.
(b) Mrs. Das spilled puffed rice.
(c) Bobby's gum.
(d) Mrs. Das spilled soda.
4. What did Mrs. Dalal promise to bring Boori Ma from her trip?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A new sari.
(c) A trinket.
(d) A picture.
5. Where did Shoba and Shukumar go on their first date?
(a) A Portuguese resturant.
(b) A hotel bar.
(c) A book store.
(d) A poetry recital.
6. What is the final secret Shoba reveals to Shukumar?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She was unfaithful.
(c) She wants to move out.
(d) The sex of their baby.
7. How soon is the baby due when Shukumar goes to an academic conference?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three months.
8. What game do Mr. Pirzada and Lilia's parents play each night?
9. How does Mr. Kapasi feel about Mrs. Das's interest in his work as an interpreter?
10. Which resident of the building decided Boori Ma should be thrown out?
(a) Mrs. Dalal.
(b) Mr. Chatterjee.
(c) Mr. Dalal.
(d) Mrs. Misra.
11. What language does Mr. Kapasi translate for the doctor he works with?
12. What month does Shoba's mother come for a visit?
13. What phrase accompanied all of Boori Ma's stories?
(a) Believe me, don't believe me.
(b) All true, every word.
(c) As God is my witness.
(d) Back in the day.
14. When did Mr. and Mrs. Das meet?
(a) High school.
(c) Arranged marriage.
15. What is the date when Shoba checks the wall calendar, the day they get the electricity shut-off notice?
(a) May 29.
(b) April 19.
(c) June 29.
(d) March 19.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room in the house does Shukumar work on his dissertation?
2. Mr. Kapasi thinks the Das couple acts like what?
3. Lilia treats the little candies Mr. Pirzada brings her like what?
4. When the building improvements began, where did Boori Ma have to sleep?
5. What did Boori Ma claim she was before coming to the building.
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)