|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mr. Kapasi been a tour guide?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Seven years.
2. What does Shoba remind Shukumar that he has on Friday?
(a) Annual check-up.
(b) Dissertation meeting.
(c) Dentist appointment.
(d) Test review.
3. What did Lilia stop doing each night so as not to ruin her prayer for Mr. Pirzada's family?
(a) Saying goodnight.
(b) Brushing her teeth.
(c) Washing her face.
(d) Sleeping in her bed.
4. What does Shukumar make for dinner the first night the power is out?
5. Lilia treats the little candies Mr. Pirzada brings her like what?
6. What did Mrs. Dalal promise to bring Boori Ma from her trip?
(a) A trinket.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A picture.
(d) A new sari.
7. How did the residents of the building know Boori Ma was a refugee?
(a) Her tales.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her wealth.
(d) Her accent.
8. How long will the Mr. and Mrs. Dalal be away from the building?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 10 days.
9. Shoba thought the poem Shukumar published was what?
10. What is the name of Lilia's teacher?
(a) Mrs. Conner.
(b) Mrs. Kenyon.
(c) Mrs. Dixit.
(d) Mrs. Bradford.
11. What does Boori Ma carry on the end of her Sari?
(a) Skeleton keys.
12. Where is the Das family from?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
13. Who does Boori Ma say her third daughter married?
(a) A professor.
(b) A landowner.
(c) A school principal.
(d) A toilet salesman.
14. Which resident of the building decided Boori Ma should be thrown out?
(a) Mr. Chatterjee.
(b) Mrs. Dalal.
(c) Mrs. Misra.
(d) Mr. Dalal.
15. How old is Mr. Kapasi?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Pirzada is from what city in Pakistan?
2. What kind of box does Lilia keep beside her bed?
3. What does Mrs. Das call Mr. Kapasi's work as an interpreter?
4. Mr. Pirzada has a grant to study what?
5. What does Lilia tell Dora about Mr. Pirzada's daughters?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)