|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase accompanied all of Boori Ma's stories?
(a) All true, every word.
(b) Believe me, don't believe me.
(c) Back in the day.
(d) As God is my witness.
2. How long does Mr. Kapasi calculate it will be before he receives mail from Mrs. Das?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Three months.
3. In which month does Mr. Pirzada return to Pakistan?
4. Mr. Kapasi thinks the Das couple acts like what?
5. How long will the Mr. and Mrs. Dalal be away from the building?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
6. What does Mrs. Das do in the car as her family drives through In India?
(a) Paints her nails.
(b) Sings to the children.
(c) Reads the guide book.
(d) Looks out the window.
7. What did Mr. Chatterjee say that Boori Ma's mouth was full of?
8. What does Mr. Pirzada give Lilia for Halloween?
(a) A purple lollipop.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A pumpkin.
9. In what room in the house does Shukumar work on his dissertation?
(a) The living room.
(b) The nursery.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bedroom.
10. What important function did the residents think Boori Ma did for them?
(a) Stand guard.
(b) Clean their homes.
(c) Cook for them.
(d) Entertain them.
11. What does Shoba remind Shukumar that he has on Friday?
(a) Dentist appointment.
(b) Test review.
(c) Annual check-up.
(d) Dissertation meeting.
12. Because of the war with India Mr. Pirzada does not hear from his family for how many months?
13. Shoba and Shukumar are married young Indians living in what city?
(a) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
14. What did Shoba give Shukumar for their first wedding anniversary?
(b) Knitted scarf.
(c) Sweater vest.
15. What kind of box does Lilia keep beside her bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets stolen from the building while Boori Ma is away for the afternoon?
2. Where does Boori Ma sleep?
3. Lilia's parents were born where?
4. What does Shukumar make for dinner the first night the power is out?
5. What is the name of the Indian sun god that the Das family see statues of at the Sun Temple?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)