Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shukumar make for dinner the first night the power is out?
2. Mr. Pirzada is from what city in Pakistan?
3. Where did Shukumar grow up?
(a) New Hampshire.
(d) Rhode Island.
4. Lilia is unaware of national distinctions until she asks her father about setting a ________ for the Indian man.
5. How old is Mr. Kapasi?
6. Lilia's parents were born where?
7. How long has Shukumar been in graduate school?
(a) Four years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six years.
8. How does Mr. Kapasi feel about Mrs. Das's interest in his work as an interpreter?
9. Where is the Das family from?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
(d) New Hampshire.
10. What is the final secret Shoba reveals to Shukumar?
(a) She was unfaithful.
(b) The sex of their baby.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She wants to move out.
11. What did Lilia stop doing each night so as not to ruin her prayer for Mr. Pirzada's family?
(a) Washing her face.
(b) Brushing her teeth.
(c) Sleeping in her bed.
(d) Saying goodnight.
12. Who does Boori Ma say her third daughter married?
(a) A landowner.
(b) A professor.
(c) A school principal.
(d) A toilet salesman.
13. What is on the front of Mrs. Das' shirt that keeps attracting Mr. Kapasi's eyes?
(a) A rose.
(b) A flag.
(c) A strawberry.
(d) An American phrase.
14. What language does Mr. Kapasi translate for the doctor he works with?
15. What did Mr. Chatterjee say that Boori Ma's mouth was full of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lilia's father's occupation?
2. How old was Mr. Kapasi's son when he died in his mother's arms?
3. Which resident of the building decided Boori Ma should be thrown out?
4. What do Lilia and Dora dress up as for Halloween?
5. What does Mr. Pirzada give Lilia for Halloween?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)