|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lilia stop doing each night so as not to ruin her prayer for Mr. Pirzada's family?
(a) Washing her face.
(b) Saying goodnight.
(c) Brushing her teeth.
(d) Sleeping in her bed.
2. What do the excited Das children see from the car as they drive through India?
3. What does Mr. Pirzada do each time he enters the home of Lilia's family?
(a) Says a prayer.
(b) Removes his shoes.
(c) Bows to Lilia's father.
(d) Offers a bottle of wine.
4. What is the name of Mr. and Mrs. Das' daughter?
5. When did Mr. and Mrs. Das meet?
(a) High school.
(d) Arranged marriage.
6. How old is Boori Ma?
7. What is the name of Lilia's teacher?
(a) Mrs. Dixit.
(b) Mrs. Conner.
(c) Mrs. Kenyon.
(d) Mrs. Bradford.
8. What was the name of the friend who drove Shoba to the hospital?
9. What gets stolen from the building while Boori Ma is away for the afternoon?
(a) The basin.
(b) All the keys.
(c) Both basins.
(d) The telephone.
10. How long has Mr. Kapasi been a tour guide?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
11. Lilia's parents were born where?
12. How old is Shukumar?
13. What does Shoba remind Shukumar that he has on Friday?
(a) Annual check-up.
(b) Test review.
(c) Dentist appointment.
(d) Dissertation meeting.
14. What does Mr. Pirzada give Lilia for Halloween?
(a) A pumpkin.
(c) A purple lollipop.
(d) A flashlight.
15. What is the final secret Shukumar reveals to Shoba?
(a) He wants to move out.
(b) He was unfaithful.
(c) The sex of their baby.
(d) He cheated on a exam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lilia's mother's occupation?
2. Who does Boori Ma say her third daughter married?
3. What phrase accompanied all of Boori Ma's stories?
4. How many daughters does Mr. Pirzada have?
5. Lilia is unaware of national distinctions until she asks her father about setting a ________ for the Indian man.
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)