|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Boori Ma claim she was before coming to the building.
(a) A professor.
(b) A school principal.
(c) A toilet cleaner.
(d) A landowner.
2. What is Lilia's father's occupation?
(a) Graduate student.
(b) Bank teller.
3. What is the name of the Indian sun god that the Das family see statues of at the Sun Temple?
4. Who does Boori Ma say her third daughter married?
(a) A school principal.
(b) A toilet salesman.
(c) A landowner.
(d) A professor.
5. How does Mrs. Das comfort Bobby after the monkey attack?
(a) Brushes his hair.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Promises to protect him always.
(d) Soothing words.
6. What important function did the residents think Boori Ma did for them?
(a) Clean their homes.
(b) Cook for them.
(c) Entertain them.
(d) Stand guard.
7. What phrase accompanied all of Boori Ma's stories?
(a) As God is my witness.
(b) Back in the day.
(c) All true, every word.
(d) Believe me, don't believe me.
8. Mr. Pirzada is from what city in Pakistan?
9. Mr. Pirzada's daughters' names all start with what letter?
10. What does Ronny Das want to give the goat he sees from the car window in "Interpreter of Maladies?"
11. What is the name of Lilia's teacher?
(a) Mrs. Conner.
(b) Mrs. Dixit.
(c) Mrs. Kenyon.
(d) Mrs. Bradford.
12. What is Mrs. Dalal's reaction to her husband bring home the two basins?
13. How old is Mrs. Das?
14. In what city does "A Real Durwan" take place?
(b) New York.
15. What did Shoba give Shukumar for their first wedding anniversary?
(b) Sweater vest.
(c) Knitted scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month does Mr. Pirzada return to Pakistan?
2. How old is Boori Ma?
3. How did the residents of the building know Boori Ma was a refugee?
4. How old is Shukumar?
5. How does Mr. Kapasi feel about Mrs. Das's interest in his work as an interpreter?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)