|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "When Mr. Pirzada Came to Dine".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final secret Shoba reveals to Shukumar?
(a) The sex of their baby.
(b) She wants to move out.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She was unfaithful.
2. What does Lilia tell Dora about Mr. Pirzada's daughters?
(a) They are pretty.
(b) They are brats.
(c) They are missing.
(d) They are dead.
3. Lilia is unaware of national distinctions until she asks her father about setting a ________ for the Indian man.
4. How old is Shukumar?
5. Lilia recalls events that occur in the fall of what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shoba's occupation in "A Temporary Matter"?
2. Because of the war with India Mr. Pirzada does not hear from his family for how many months?
3. Where did Shukumar grow up?
4. Lilia's father explains to her that the British gave independence to India in what year?
5. How long has Shukumar been in graduate school?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)