|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dreamer of the dream in #134 also noted that the answer was throwing __________ at her.
2. Which of these is NOT a form of stimuli?
3. The changes of __________ facilitates more than one thought.
4. Freud notes that the nature of dreams as _____ items in which the intensity of the elements is displaced.
5. These symbols must be translated ______________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Freud notes that death dreams are actually wish fulfillment dreams. How does Freud explain this idea? Do you agree with this idea? Why or why not? What are some other interpretations that could be given for death dreams? Using Freud's ideas and theories, what would a dream about birth then mean? Would it have the opposite interpretation or the same one?
Essay Topic 2
Freud makes a point to say that one's morality will persist in dreams, but at the same time, dreams can include events that occur outside of one's morality. What do you think this contradiction means? What do you feel happens when dreams include immoral ideas and actions? Are these dreams a reflection of the dreamer? Why or why not? If so, what are these dreams saying about the dreamer?
Essay Topic 3
Freud believes that the interpretation of dreams can yield powerful results for patients. Why does he believe this? How does Freud think dream interpretation will help patients? Do you agree with him? Why or why not? Give three examples of ways dreams could help patients.
This section contains 1,425 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)