|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said dreams appear without actual or appropriate emotional value?
2. A __________ interpretation of dreams is an attempt to interpret one's dream by looking at one piece at a time.
3. Everything in dreams that seems to be _________ is not but is instead what Freud considers dream thoughts that find their way completely as latent dream content.
4. Internal stimuli often stems from ___________.
5. Which of these is NOT considered to be a source of dreams, according to laymen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1The idea of the censor in our lives is brought up by Freud. What does Freud mean by a this? What are some examples of ways that the censor gets in the way of a person? What ways can we avoid the censor? Is a censor a good or a bad thing? Or both? Why? What are some real life examples you can give of censors in your own life?
Essay Topic 2Freud brings up the idea of the subconscious, the pre-conscious, and the unconscious in this book. What are the definitions of each? How do these terms relate to each other? How do these terms relate to the dream interpretation process? What do these states have to offer the dreamer in their everyday life? Does the separation of thought patterns complicate life or make it easier? Why?
Essay Topic 3Wish fulfillment is another term Freud brings up and discusses at length. Define this term and create a description of a dream in which this process is taking place. What does this mean for the dreamer? What are some examples of wish fulfillment dreams as stated in the book? Does this dream concept make sense to you? Why or why not?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)