Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud does admit that some dreams contain symbols the are responding to ____________ stimuli.
2. Everything in dreams that seems to be _________ is not but is instead what Freud considers dream thoughts that find their way completely as latent dream content.
3. Freud thinks there is a difficulty in using dream examples when they are related out of ___________.
4. When the dream has been _______, that's when the dream can be changed.
5. The means by which dreams are represented do NOT include:
Essay Topic 1
Dreams, as Freud believes, are considered to be foreign to our everyday lives and experiences. However, is this the case? In everyday life, we might have one experience and then dream about that same experience. Does this support the idea of dreams being foreign? What do you think Freud means by that? Can you give one example in which dreams become foreign in relation to real life?
Essay Topic 2
When dreams include actions the dreamer wants to take, but does not, the idea of responsibility becomes a point to consider. Do you feel that these kinds of dreams are a way for a dreamer to avoid taking real life action? Why or why not? Are there instances in which dreams can cause external action in waking life? Give an example of a time in which a dream spurred you on or give an example of a dream that you enjoy having but have not acted upon.
Essay Topic 3
Wish fulfillment is another term Freud brings up and discusses at length. Define this term and create a description of a dream in which this process is taking place. What does this mean for the dreamer? What are some examples of wish fulfillment dreams as stated in the book? Does this dream concept make sense to you? Why or why not?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)