|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be correct or appropriate to the dream content, according to Freud?
2. Freud notes that the nature of dreams as _____ items in which the intensity of the elements is displaced.
3. Freud thinks there is a difficulty in using dream examples when they are related out of ___________.
4. The changes of __________ facilitates more than one thought.
5. Freud compares dream work to dream ___________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Freud discusses the ideas of condensation, displacement and representation. Define each of these terms as Freud uses them and give examples of each. Which of these ideas do you agree with most in terms of dream interpretation? Why? With which of these terms do you not agree? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Freud states that childhood memories may not be 'available' during our waking hours. Why would these memories not be available? Do you agree with Freud? Why or why not? What does Freud think the value of childhood memories is? How can the past be connected to the present? Why is the childhood such an important part of the dream interpretation process?
Essay Topic 3
Freud notes that death dreams are actually wish fulfillment dreams. How does Freud explain this idea? Do you agree with this idea? Why or why not? What are some other interpretations that could be given for death dreams? Using Freud's ideas and theories, what would a dream about birth then mean? Would it have the opposite interpretation or the same one?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)