|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dream in #157 involved the _________ of a dying _______.
2. What is very common as Freud states occurs in absurd dreams?
3. A __________ interpretation of dreams is an attempt to interpret one's dream by looking at one piece at a time.
4. __________ is likely linked to the nature of sleep.
5. To follow up #146, the answer cannot be denied, even though the dreamer might, upon waking, deny the subject of the __________.
Essay Topic 1
Freud has always been a controversial figure in psychology and yet he is revered at the same time. What ideas in this book seem to support his reputation as a bit of a renegade? What ideas in this book seem to solidify his reputation as someone who has a lot to contribute to the field? In the end, how does this book change your perception of Freud? Does it change your perception at all? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Freud creates a list of symbols that could be used to find sexually latent content in dreams. What are some of the symbols he shares and their meanings? Do you agree with his findings? What other symbols do you feel could be used to extrapolate a sexual meaning? What does the focus on sex seem to say abut Freud?
Essay Topic 3
When dreams include actions the dreamer wants to take, but does not, the idea of responsibility becomes a point to consider. Do you feel that these kinds of dreams are a way for a dreamer to avoid taking real life action? Why or why not? Are there instances in which dreams can cause external action in waking life? Give an example of a time in which a dream spurred you on or give an example of a dream that you enjoy having but have not acted upon.
This section contains 1,432 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)