|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The displacement is carried out as having relevance to the ____________ associations.
2. The answer to #152 is not directed at the ________ itself but is applied appropriately to the dream content as a response by the dreamer.
3. How many characteristics are specific to the nature of the dream?
4. Freud says that writers neglect to include or make less important the somatic dream stimuli if they involve any ________ activity.
5. The bulk of dream interpretation is done on the __________ content.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Freud has always been a controversial figure in psychology and yet he is revered at the same time. What ideas in this book seem to support his reputation as a bit of a renegade? What ideas in this book seem to solidify his reputation as someone who has a lot to contribute to the field? In the end, how does this book change your perception of Freud? Does it change your perception at all? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Freud states that the relationship between the dreaming and the waking state is contradictory and unable to be resolved. Why does he say this? What examples of contradictory features does Freud offer? Do you agree with Freud? Why or why not? Is there a way to resolve these two states? How? Do you feel that naming these two states is necessary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Freud brings up the idea of the subconscious, the pre-conscious, and the unconscious in this book. What are the definitions of each? How do these terms relate to each other? How do these terms relate to the dream interpretation process? What do these states have to offer the dreamer in their everyday life? Does the separation of thought patterns complicate life or make it easier? Why?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)