|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The answer to #152 is not directed at the ________ itself but is applied appropriately to the dream content as a response by the dreamer.
2. What causes the dying person in the answer to #158 to actually die?
3. Expressions in ___________________ are not so difficult.
4. Freud begins this chapter with a discussion of ___________.
5. There is also mention of a dream in which a trip during a storm to a ____________ that is soaked through.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of nerve stimuli from outside sources is one that Freud discusses at length. Give an example of what nerve stimuli means to a dream. What are some ways this can affect the dreamer and the dream itself? Does Freud believe these stimuli hurt or help a dreamer? Is the result of dream stimuli a valid part of the dream? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Wish fulfillment is another term Freud brings up and discusses at length. Define this term and create a description of a dream in which this process is taking place. What does this mean for the dreamer? What are some examples of wish fulfillment dreams as stated in the book? Does this dream concept make sense to you? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Freud makes a point to say that one's morality will persist in dreams, but at the same time, dreams can include events that occur outside of one's morality. What do you think this contradiction means? What do you feel happens when dreams include immoral ideas and actions? Are these dreams a reflection of the dreamer? Why or why not? If so, what are these dreams saying about the dreamer?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)