Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud does admit that some dreams contain symbols the are responding to ____________ stimuli.
2. Everything in dreams that seems to be _________ is not but is instead what Freud considers dream thoughts that find their way completely as latent dream content.
3. Freud thinks there is a difficulty in using dream examples when they are related out of ___________.
4. When the dream has been _______, that's when the dream can be changed.
5. The means by which dreams are represented do NOT include:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of the censor in our lives is brought up by Freud. What does Freud mean by a this? What are some examples of ways that the censor gets in the way of a person? What ways can we avoid the censor? Is a censor a good or a bad thing? Or both? Why? What are some real life examples you can give of censors in your own life?
Essay Topic 2
Freud states that childhood memories may not be 'available' during our waking hours. Why would these memories not be available? Do you agree with Freud? Why or why not? What does Freud think the value of childhood memories is? How can the past be connected to the present? Why is the childhood such an important part of the dream interpretation process?
Essay Topic 3
Freud says that other theories for dream interpretation are illogical or they refute the value of dreams altogether. This leaves the world with few tools to help with dream interpretation. What does this seem to say about Freud? How does this lack of tools then affect those who are interested in dream interpretation? Why does Freud find the two limited methods of dream interpretation to be worthless?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)