Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud does admit that some dreams contain symbols the are responding to ____________ stimuli.
2. Everything in dreams that seems to be _________ is not but is instead what Freud considers dream thoughts that find their way completely as latent dream content.
3. Freud thinks there is a difficulty in using dream examples when they are related out of ___________.
4. When the dream has been _______, that's when the dream can be changed.
5. The means by which dreams are represented do NOT include:
Freud believes that the interpretation of dreams can yield powerful results for patients. Why does he believe this? How does Freud think dream interpretation will help patients? Do you agree with him? Why or why not? Give three examples of ways dreams could help patients.
Dreams, as Freud believes, are considered to be foreign to our everyday lives and experiences. However, is this the case? In everyday life, we might have one experience and then dream about that same experience. Does this support the idea of dreams being foreign? What do you think Freud means by that? Can you give one example in which dreams become foreign in relation to real life?
Freud discusses the ideas of condensation, displacement and representation. Define each of these terms as Freud uses them and give examples of each. Which of these ideas do you agree with most in terms of dream interpretation? Why? With which of these terms do you not agree? Why?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)