|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The final component of dream formation is the __________ expressed by the dreamer during the dream.
2. Another dreamer dreams of a child with a deformed ___________.
3. Dreams can be pointing to a ___________ or to history.
4. What is very common as Freud states occurs in absurd dreams?
5. Each symbol in the dream relates or refers to the dreamer's life and _______ state.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Freud believes that the interpretation of dreams can yield powerful results for patients. Why does he believe this? How does Freud think dream interpretation will help patients? Do you agree with him? Why or why not? Give three examples of ways dreams could help patients.
Essay Topic 2
Freud often uses his own dreams in order to support his theories about dream interpretation. Does this make sense? Is it good science? Why or why not? What presumptions does Freud make when he uses his own dreams? Would it have been a better idea to use only patient dreams? Why or why not? Do Freud's own interpretations seem to work too perfectly with his theories? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Freud makes a point to say that one's morality will persist in dreams, but at the same time, dreams can include events that occur outside of one's morality. What do you think this contradiction means? What do you feel happens when dreams include immoral ideas and actions? Are these dreams a reflection of the dreamer? Why or why not? If so, what are these dreams saying about the dreamer?
This section contains 1,421 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)