Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud does admit that some dreams contain symbols the are responding to ____________ stimuli.
2. Everything in dreams that seems to be _________ is not but is instead what Freud considers dream thoughts that find their way completely as latent dream content.
3. Freud thinks there is a difficulty in using dream examples when they are related out of ___________.
4. When the dream has been _______, that's when the dream can be changed.
5. The means by which dreams are represented do NOT include:
Freud makes a point to say that one's morality will persist in dreams, but at the same time, dreams can include events that occur outside of one's morality. What do you think this contradiction means? What do you feel happens when dreams include immoral ideas and actions? Are these dreams a reflection of the dreamer? Why or why not? If so, what are these dreams saying about the dreamer?
Symbols are a big part of dream interpretation. Using one dream in Freud's book, list all of the symbols you can find. Then, create your own interpretations of each of these symbols. Knowing these interpretations, what can you ascertain about the meaning of the dream you have chosen? Without these symbols, what would you have interpreted the dream to mean?
Freud notes that death dreams are actually wish fulfillment dreams. How does Freud explain this idea? Do you agree with this idea? Why or why not? What are some other interpretations that could be given for death dreams? Using Freud's ideas and theories, what would a dream about birth then mean? Would it have the opposite interpretation or the same one?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)