|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dream interpretation must not be based on ________ or exaggerated assumptions.
2. What is very common as Freud states occurs in absurd dreams?
3. The final component of dream formation is the __________ expressed by the dreamer during the dream.
4. The response to stimuli is __________ because the dreaming brain has only brain activity with which to respond.
5. Who said dreams appear without actual or appropriate emotional value?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Freud states that the relationship between the dreaming and the waking state is contradictory and unable to be resolved. Why does he say this? What examples of contradictory features does Freud offer? Do you agree with Freud? Why or why not? Is there a way to resolve these two states? How? Do you feel that naming these two states is necessary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Freud believes that the interpretation of dreams can yield powerful results for patients. Why does he believe this? How does Freud think dream interpretation will help patients? Do you agree with him? Why or why not? Give three examples of ways dreams could help patients.
Essay Topic 3
Freud makes a point to say that one's morality will persist in dreams, but at the same time, dreams can include events that occur outside of one's morality. What do you think this contradiction means? What do you feel happens when dreams include immoral ideas and actions? Are these dreams a reflection of the dreamer? Why or why not? If so, what are these dreams saying about the dreamer?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)