Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While dreams are unreal, the ________ that occur in the dream are real.
2. Patients not only shared their dreams with Freud, but also their ______________.
(a) memories of childhood
(b) thoughts and feelings about the dreams
(c) journal pages about the dreams
(d) family's thoughts about the dreams
3. Freud's method allows for interpretation of individual dreams as they apply to __________ dreamers.
4. Freud uses __________ dreams to prove his method is better.
(b) his parents'
(c) his own
5. What does Freud think people believe is not responsible for creating dreams in the first place?
(a) The brain
(b) The world
(d) Our friends
Short Answer Questions
1. Dreams and reality are two opposing __________.
2. Dream peculiarity is due to limited ____________ during sleep.
3. Dreams are rarely _______, according to Freud.
4. At the same time, Freud believes dreams are poetic, divinatory and ________.
5. The contrasts between dreams and waking states are ___________.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)