|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that overcomes Layla’s fight or flight response?
(a) Police dogs.
(b) Her weary parents.
(c) Armed guards.
(d) Her exhaustion.
2. What is the motto of camp Mobius?
(a) Unity. Security. Prosperity.
(b) Freedom. Love. Respect.
(c) Safety. Purity. Community.
(d) Onward into the Future Together.
3. When Jake gives her a burner phone, where does Layla call David from?
(a) The Mess.
(b) The Hub.
(c) The garden.
(d) Her trailer.
4. What does David suggest, that Layla is appalled by?
(a) That she start a rebellion.
(b) That she seduce the guards to get information.
(c) That she take a gun from him.
(d) That she collaborate.
5. Where does Layla live?
(a) Rural town.
(c) Big city.
(d) College town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Layla play for Ayesha and Soheil?
2. What characteristic summarizes the Director’s appearance in Layla’s eyes?
3. How does the Director end the violence surrounding Noor’s arrest?
4. How long do Layla and her parents have to pack their things for relocation?
5. How does Layla characterize her experience of entering the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Layla take when being relocated, what does Layla leave?
2. How does Layla’s relationship with her parents change in the camp?
3. How does Layla connect with Ayesha?
4. How does Layla describe her feelings about the natural environment where the camp is located?
5. What kind of scene does Layla describe when they get to the train station?
6. What danger does Layla put herself in while getting home?
7. What is happening around Layla Amin at the beginning of Internment?
8. How does Layla characterize the populace that is interned?
9. How well does Layla’s world correspond with America under Donald Trump?
10. How did the Registry of Muslims come to be, in Ahmed’s novel?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)