|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does camp Mobius look like when Layla and her family arrive?
(a) A suburban development.
(b) A prison.
(c) A summer camp.
(d) A military base.
2. Where does Layla meet David for the first time?
(a) In a truck.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In a tool shed.
(d) In the Hub.
3. How does the Director end the violence surrounding Noor’s arrest?
(a) He sounds the camp siren.
(b) He fires a shot in the air.
(c) He orders the guards to shoot on his order.
(d) He shoots at the protestors.
4. How does Layla contact David the first time?
(a) She calls from a burner phone.
(b) She sends him a letter.
(c) She calls him from the Hub.
(d) She video chats with him.
5. Where do Layla and Ayesha find seclusion to talk?
(a) In Layla’s trailer.
(b) The garden.
(c) In Ayesha’s trailer.
(d) In the Mess.
6. What does Layla say her parents taught her?
(a) To mind her elders.
(b) Not to cause trouble.
(c) To respect authority.
(d) Not to judge people.
7. What is a “desi”?
(a) An Indian-American.
(b) A Muslim American.
(c) A dark-skinned American.
(d) A North African American.
8. Who is Mrs. Brown?
(a) The librarian.
(b) The local candy store owner.
(c) The high school English teacher.
(d) The mayor.
9. What does Layla say the scariest monsters are like?
(b) Most like you.
(c) Evil parents.
10. Why did Layla leave school?
(a) She was banned as a Muslim.
(b) She was caught stealing.
(c) She was disciplined for kissing David.
(d) She graduated.
11. How does Layla characterize her experience of entering the camp?
12. When Jake brings Layla a burner phone, what is it sandwiched between?
(a) Gardening tools.
(b) Bags of rice.
(c) Ice packs.
13. How does the Director describe the camp?
(a) As a small town.
(b) As a family.
(c) As a factory.
(d) As a summer camp.
14. What happens to the woman who calls the minders fascists?
(a) She is killed.
(b) She is beaten.
(c) She is handcuffed and removed.
(d) She is allowed to speak.
15. What does Layla say her father’s poetry is about?
(a) Finding love and compassion in human relationships.
(b) Making truth out of day-to-day experience.
(c) Finding cosmic truths in nature.
(d) Finding beauty in small things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job was Layla's father fired from?
2. Who does Layla think she sees on their way driving away from their house?
3. What time does the curfew go into effect at camp Mobius?
4. What play does Layla read after she gets home from David’s?
5. What do Layla and Ayesha compare the camp fence to?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)