|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-22, pages 206-252.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the police chief justify his role in Layla’s family’s relocation?
(a) He says that races need to stick together.
(b) He says that the town will be pure now.
(c) He says that times are changing.
(d) He says that he is following orders.
2. What is Layla trying to avoid as she tries not to draw attention to herself as she goes to David’s house?
(a) Being turned in.
(b) Being robbed.
(c) Being fined.
(d) Being beaten.
3. What does Jake tell Layla his mother loved?
(c) The military.
4. What does Layla say should prevent the Muslims being mistreated?
(a) They are civilians.
(b) They are American citizens.
(c) They are regular people.
(d) They are innocent.
5. How long has it been since the president called Muslims a threat to the country?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers Layla when she sneaks out at night for a walk?
2. How does Layla characterize the difference between herself and her parents?
3. Why does Jake say he is still going along with the Director’s plans?
4. How does Ayesha change the topic when she and Layla are realizing that they do not have any rights in this camp?
5. What does Layla agree to do when her parents ask her to accept their situation?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)