|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-22, pages 206-252.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Layla explain her injury to her parents?
(a) She says that she fell off a rock.
(b) She says that garden supplies collapsed on her.
(c) She says that some kids were rough-housing and fell on her.
(d) She says that she tripped and fell.
2. What does Jake tell Layla his mother loved?
(a) The military.
3. What changes on the first morning after the fasting protest?
(a) Work assignments.
(b) A strict gag order is implemented.
(c) Neighborhood groupings in the trailers.
(d) Punishments for minor offenses.
4. Why did Layla leave school?
(a) She graduated.
(b) She was banned as a Muslim.
(c) She was caught stealing.
(d) She was disciplined for kissing David.
5. What injuries has Soheil suffered from the fasting protest?
(a) Broken teeth.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) A dislocated shoulder.
(d) A broken nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jake when his mother died?
2. How does Layla characterize the difference between herself and her parents?
3. Why does Jake tell the Director that Layla cannot disavow the article she had written?
4. What kind of train takes Layla and her family to the relocation center?
5. What distinguishing mark does the guard have, who intervenes to get Layla out of trouble on the train?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)