|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-10, pages 88-130.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ayesha characterize her fear?
(a) As a religious experience.
(b) As a disease.
(c) As a test.
(d) As a superpower.
2. How does Layla characterize her experience of entering the camp?
3. Why does the woman behind Layla say that they can be mistreated?
(a) The country is at war now.
(b) The laws do not apply in the desert.
(c) They are all related to terrorists.
(d) They are being persecuted for their religion.
4. What is a “desi”?
(a) An Indian-American.
(b) A North African American.
(c) A dark-skinned American.
(d) A Muslim American.
5. What is Layla most pained to leave behind?
(a) Her stuffed animals.
(b) Her letters from David.
(c) Her books.
(d) Her Nanni’s quilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the woman who calls the minders fascists?
2. What characteristic summarizes the Director’s appearance in Layla’s eyes?
3. Who discovers Layla when she sneaks out at night for a walk?
4. What movie do Layla and Ayesha compare their situation to?
5. How long has it been since the president called Muslims a threat to the country?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)