|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, pages 59-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is going on in Center Square as Layla goes to David’s house?
(a) A trial.
(b) An execution.
(c) A book burning.
(d) A square dance.
2. What does Layla worry about as she and her parents leave the house?
(a) Whether they will ever be back.
(b) Whether she will be killed.
(c) Whether David will find her.
(d) Whether they put the dishes in the sink.
3. What do the Exclusion Guards confiscate, while Layla and her parents are packing?
(a) Their guns.
(b) Their money.
(c) Their books.
(d) Their phones.
4. Where do Layla and Ayesha find seclusion to talk?
(a) The garden.
(b) In the Mess.
(c) In Layla’s trailer.
(d) In Ayesha’s trailer.
5. How does Layla characterize Union Station’s architecture?
(a) Postmodern absurdism.
(b) Art deco-Mission style mashup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Layla trying to avoid as she tries not to draw attention to herself as she goes to David’s house?
2. What kind of train takes Layla and her family to the relocation center?
3. How does Layla characterize the landscape around the camp?
4. Who does Layla think she sees on their way driving away from their house?
5. Who was interned at Manzanar during World War II?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)