|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5, pages 34-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Layla expect to miss about having a phone?
(a) Her memes.
(b) Her voice.
(c) Her photos.
(d) Her friends.
2. Where is David’s mother from?
3. How long has it been since the president called Muslims a threat to the country?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 month.
4. Why does Layla say Americans accepted talk of a Muslim ban during the presidential campaign?
(a) They were angry at Muslims.
(b) They thought it was just rhetoric.
(c) They thought restrictions could be imposed kindly.
(d) They needed a scapegoat.
5. What hope does David offer Layla in the face of restrictions against Muslims?
(a) Law enforcement will stop it.
(b) People are fighting.
(c) Businesses will close.
(d) Petitions are circulating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Layla most pained to leave behind?
2. What distinguishing mark does the guard have, who intervenes to get Layla out of trouble on the train?
3. What kind of train takes Layla and her family to the relocation center?
4. How does Layla characterize Union Station’s architecture?
5. Who is Mrs. Brown?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)