|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5, pages 34-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quote does Layla's father invoke from John Adams?
(a) That he wishes he had more lives to give for his family.
(b) That revolution is necessary every 20 years.
(c) That people are meant to govern themselves.
(d) That every democracy commits suicide.
2. What is David’s relationship with Layla?
3. What is Layla most pained to leave behind?
(a) Her books.
(b) Her letters from David.
(c) Her Nanni’s quilt.
(d) Her stuffed animals.
4. What job was Layla's father fired from?
(b) Math teacher.
(c) Poetry professor.
(d) Eye doctor.
5. Why did Layla leave school?
(a) She was disciplined for kissing David.
(b) She was caught stealing.
(c) She graduated.
(d) She was banned as a Muslim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a “desi”?
2. Who does Layla think she sees on their way driving away from their house?
3. What distinguishing mark does the guard have, who intervenes to get Layla out of trouble on the train?
4. Why does Layla say Americans accepted talk of a Muslim ban during the presidential campaign?
5. What is David’s father’s religion?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)