|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-32, pages 303-344 .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fred say the Director is afraid of Layla?
(a) She has turned the guards against him.
(b) She cannot be disappeared.
(c) She will mock him to the internees.
(d) She has brought attention to the camp.
2. How does Layla explain her injury to her parents?
(a) She says that garden supplies collapsed on her.
(b) She says that she fell off a rock.
(c) She says that some kids were rough-housing and fell on her.
(d) She says that she tripped and fell.
3. How does Dr. Han help the cause of the internees?
(a) She conveys messages from David.
(b) She leaks her report to the press.
(c) She authorizes Jake to protect Layla and her family.
(d) She testifies to Congress.
4. What lesson does Jake try to impress on Layla by telling him about his mother dying?
(a) That people live in each other’s hearts.
(b) That she would be sad to lose her parents.
(c) That death is final.
(d) That it is hard to lose people you love.
5. Where has Suraya recruited supporters from, for the next protest?
(a) Quranic study class.
(b) Her block.
(c) The Mess.
(d) The garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the curfew go into effect at camp Mobius?
2. Where do Layla and Ayesha find seclusion to talk?
3. How old was Jake when his mother died?
4. What does the Director want in return for what he offers Layla?
5. Why does Jake say he is still going along with the Director’s plans?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)