|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, pages 59-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a “desi”?
(a) A Muslim American.
(b) A dark-skinned American.
(c) A North African American.
(d) An Indian-American.
2. What does Layla say is remarkable about the Exclusion Guards at the train station?
(a) They are all silent.
(b) They are all heavily armed.
(c) They are all female.
(d) They are all white.
3. Why did Layla leave school?
(a) She was caught stealing.
(b) She was banned as a Muslim.
(c) She graduated.
(d) She was disciplined for kissing David.
4. What kind of train takes Layla and her family to the relocation center?
(a) High-speed train.
(b) Cattle cars.
(c) Commuter train.
(d) Freight train.
5. At the beginning of the book, how long ago have all Muslims been fired from their jobs?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hope does David offer Layla in the face of restrictions against Muslims?
2. What is David’s relationship with Layla?
3. Whose prayer does Layla pray,while she is packing?
4. What do Layla's parents forbid?
5. What is going on in Center Square as Layla goes to David’s house?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)