|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-22, pages 206-252.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Layla throw a rock at, when she cannot contact David?
(a) The Director.
(b) The mountains.
(c) Her trailer.
(d) The Hub.
2. Who has arrived at the camp the morning after Layla’s confrontation with the Director?
(a) Layla’s Nanni.
(c) Protestors and the media.
(d) International observers.
3. Why does Jake tell Layla to stop calling him corporal Reynolds?
(a) Because he has crossed the line by helping her.
(b) Because he wants Layla to like him.
(c) Because he is repulsed by his collaboration with the Exclusion Authority.
(d) Because he does not want her to use his name.
4. How does Layla characterize the news the internees get in the camp?
(a) Propaganda from the guards.
(b) Rumors from staff.
(c) Lies from guards.
(d) Prophecies from the internees.
5. How does Layla characterize the landscape around the camp?
(c) Bleak but beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Layla and her parents get from the train to the camp?
2. Why does Jake tell the Director that Layla cannot disavow the article she had written?
3. Why does Layla refuse to tell her parents what she is planning?
4. Who is present for Layla’s first meeting with the Director in his office?
5. What does Layla say would be worse than dying in the camp?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)