|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, pgs. 324 - 342.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hemingway's first published work?
(a) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(b) The Old Man and the Sea.
(c) Three Stories and Ten Poems.
(d) The Sun Also Rises.
2. What subject did Gollancz teach at Repton?
3. Who was the first great nineteenth century American intellectual?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Nathanial Hawthorne.
4. How many children did Rousseau have with his wife?
5. What was Brecht's first successful play?
(a) Triumph and Sadness.
(c) The Slave.
(d) The Mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistress of Shelley's would live to be over eighty and inspire Henry James's story, The Aspern Papers?
2. How did Marx support his family financially through most of his life?
3. What was Hemingway's nickname?
4. What ancient languages did Shelley attain great fluency in at Eton?
5. What job did Hellman have with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer in 1929?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)