|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, pgs. 324 - 342.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What venture did Gollancz start to counter the unwillingness of booksellers to stock ultra-left propaganda?
(a) The CP Serial.
(b) The Left Book Club.
(c) The Canterbury Monthly.
(d) The Daily Worker.
2. What is the autobiography penned by Sartre?
(a) C'est la.
(c) La Vie.
(d) Les Mots.
3. What University did Marx receive his doctorate from?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Berlin University.
(c) Sorbonne University.
(d) Bonn University.
4. What year was Bertrand Russell born?
5. What caused Hemingway to lose interest in his affair with Jane Mason?
(a) She tried to commit suicide and broke her back.
(b) She gained a lot of weight.
(c) She tried to convince him to sober up.
(d) She was unwilling to live in a 'menage a trois' with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Orwell die?
2. After Gollancz broke with the Communist, which party did he begin to support?
3. Which two philosophies did Tynan link together in the theater world?
4. What was the name of Hemingway's fourth wife?
5. What was the name of Hemingway's favorite sister?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)