|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, pgs. 324 - 342.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Orwell's lifestyle was unlike other intellectuals or writers?
(a) He lived among the working class.
(b) He was self-educated.
(c) He did not intend to share his writings with the world.
(d) He had another occupation for most of his life.
2. What type of contact did Hellman have with the workers?
(a) Hellman minutely studied the workers and even lived with them for a year.
(b) Hellman had little contact with the workers.
(c) Hellman came from a low-income family.
(d) Hellman had two close friends from the worker class.
3. Where was Hemingway's home Finca Vigia?
(a) On the island of Crete.
(b) In Flordia.
(c) In Cuba.
(d) In Madrid Spain.
4. Who would receive Shelley's title of baronet?
(a) His friend Byron.
(b) His son Percy.
(c) His son Charles.
(d) His cousin William.
5. What was the name of the American philosophy graduate who became Russell's secretary?
(a) Arthur Koestler.
(b) Ralph Schoenman.
(c) Harold Earkin.
(d) Philip Wise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Rousseau's children?
2. Who was the first great nineteenth century American intellectual?
3. What year did Sartre die?
4. Which of the following is not a play penned by Ibsen?
5. What was the name of the estate that Tolstoy inherited from his mother?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)