|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, pgs. 156-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What young woman was a laundress and agreed to become Rousseau's mistress on a permanent basis?
(a) Therese Levasseur.
(b) Madame Melchior.
(c) Madame d'Epinay.
(d) Joan MacDonald.
2. Who was the first great nineteenth century American intellectual?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Nathanial Hawthorne.
(c) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
3. What novel did Shelley's wife Mary author?
(c) Northanger Abby.
(d) Silas Marner.
4. Which contemporary of Rousseau's wrote an attack on him called Le Sentiment des Citoyens?
5. What was the nickname of Helen Demuth who spent her life working for the Marx family?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hemingway regard organized religion?
2. What was the name of Rousseau's dog?
3. What religion did Ibsen follow?
4. How many pregnancies did Tolstoy's wife have?
5. What is the name of the book that Marx spent most of his life working on?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)