|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, pgs. 156-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pregnancies did Tolstoy's wife have?
2. What was the name of the estate that Tolstoy inherited from his mother?
(b) The Romanov pula.
(d) Yasnaya Polyana.
3. What was the name of Rousseau's dog?
4. What happened to Rousseau's children?
(a) They were adopted by Lord Boswell in England.
(b) He abandoned all of them at orphanages.
(c) They all grew up to be writers.
(d) They all died at birth.
5. How did Ibsen feel about dogs?
(a) He was deathly afraid of them.
(b) The barking of dogs gave him headaches.
(c) He was indifferent to animals in general.
(d) He adored dogs and had several as pets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vocation did Marx's family (on both sides) participate in?
2. How many siblings did Ibsen have?
3. What caused Hemingway to lose interest in his affair with Jane Mason?
4. What occupation did Hemingway's father hold?
5. In what year did Marx write the Communist Manifesto?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)