|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, pgs. 156-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hemingway interact with his fellow writers?
(a) He bitterly quarreled with all of them except Ezra Pound.
(b) He was close friends with many writers and corresponded with them frequently.
(c) He mentored many writers and took pains to help other develop their writing voice.
(d) He was indifferent towards other writers and did not have much interaction with them.
2. What vocation did Rousseau's father have?
(a) He was a writer.
(b) He was a politician.
(c) He was born an aristocrat.
(d) He was a watchmaker.
3. what was the name of Hemingway's second wife?
(a) Pauline Pfeiffer.
(b) Dorothy Smurthwaite.
(c) Hadley Richardson.
(d) Mary Welsh.
4. What was Shelley's nickname at school?
(a) Baron Secrecy.
(c) The Poet Prophet.
(d) The Eton atheist.
5. What occupation did Hemingway's father hold?
(a) He was a plumber.
(b) He was a literature professor.
(c) He was a physician.
(d) He was a farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which contemporary of Rousseau's wrote an attack on him called Le Sentiment des Citoyens?
2. What was Ibsen's last statement?
3. How many pregnancies did Tolstoy's wife have?
4. What religion did Ibsen follow?
5. Which benefactress of Rousseau died of malnutrition after he refused to help her in her old age?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)