|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Tolstoy: God's Elder Brother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ancient languages did Shelley attain great fluency in at Eton?
(a) Latin and Egyptian.
(b) Hebrew and Sanskrit.
(c) Greek and Hebrew.
(d) Latin and Greek.
2. What was the nickname of Helen Demuth who spent her life working for the Marx family?
3. What was the name of Shelley's first wife?
4. Which contemporary of Rousseau's wrote an attack on him called Le Sentiment des Citoyens?
5. What is the name of Ibsen's acknowledged son?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marx could not find an academic position after receiving his doctorate, what type of work did begin?
2. For which American newspaper did Marx work as a European correspondent for?
3. Which of the following is not a play penned by Ibsen?
4. What is the name of the school mistress who loaned Shelley 100 pounds (her life savings), that was never repaid.
5. How did Rousseau first become known?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)