|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Tolstoy: God's Elder Brother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel did Shelley's wife Mary author?
(a) Silas Marner.
(c) Northanger Abby.
2. When Marx could not find an academic position after receiving his doctorate, what type of work did begin?
(a) He because a privat tutor.
(b) He became a factory foreman.
(c) He became a librarian.
(d) He became a journalist.
3. How did Ibsen pay for his university education?
(a) By waiting tables.
(b) He worked as a grammar tutor.
(c) By writing plays.
(d) He worked at the fish docks.
4. How many children did Rousseau have with his wife?
5. What was the name of Tolstoy's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistress of Shelley's would live to be over eighty and inspire Henry James's story, The Aspern Papers?
2. Which contemporary of Rousseau's wrote an attack on him called Le Sentiment des Citoyens?
3. What young woman was a laundress and agreed to become Rousseau's mistress on a permanent basis?
4. What work did Rousseau write that was autobiographical?
5. What University did Marx receive his doctorate from?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)