|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Tolstoy: God's Elder Brother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Rousseau born?
2. What was the name of Shelley's first wife?
3. What 10,000 word essay did Shelley write in 1821 as a statement of social purpose?
(a) Ode to the Tyrant.
(b) A Defense of Poetry.
(c) Ode to Poetry.
(d) The Revolt of Islam.
4. Which of the following is not a play penned by Ibsen?
(a) St. John's Night.
(b) The Priest.
(c) The Warrior's Barrow.
(d) Lady Ingar of Ostraat.
5. What year did Tolstoy die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country was Ibsen born in?
2. How many siblings did Ibsen have?
3. How did Rousseau first become known?
4. What vices appealed to Tolstoy the most?
5. What is the name of the school mistress who loaned Shelley 100 pounds (her life savings), that was never repaid.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)