|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Bertrand Russell: A case of Logical Fiddlesticks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Shelley's nickname at school?
(b) Baron Secrecy.
(c) The Poet Prophet.
(d) The Eton atheist.
2. What is the name of Ibsen's acknowledged son?
3. What was the name of the American philosophy graduate who became Russell's secretary?
(a) Philip Wise.
(b) Ralph Schoenman.
(c) Harold Earkin.
(d) Arthur Koestler.
4. How many pregnancies did Tolstoy's wife have?
5. How did Russell feel about war?
(a) He was indifferent to war and did not know much about current events.
(b) He was a war enthusiast.
(c) He detested war.
(d) We do not know his stance on war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country was Ibsen born in?
2. How did Shelley die?
3. What year was Tolstoy born?
4. What mistress of Shelley's would live to be over eighty and inspire Henry James's story, The Aspern Papers?
5. what was the name of Hemingway's second wife?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)