|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Bertrand Russell: A case of Logical Fiddlesticks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vices appealed to Tolstoy the most?
(a) Drinking and hunting.
(b) Women and gambling.
(c) Lying and forging.
(d) Drugs and alcohol.
2. How did Hemingway die?
(a) He drowned while deep sea fishing.
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) He died of natural causes.
(d) He was in a plane accident.
3. Where was Hemingway's home Finca Vigia?
(a) In Cuba.
(b) In Madrid Spain.
(c) On the island of Crete.
(d) In Flordia.
4. What was the name of the progressive school that Russell set up?
(a) Liberty School.
(c) Propitious Grove.
(d) Beacon Hill.
5. How did Ibsen pay for his university education?
(a) He worked at the fish docks.
(b) He worked as a grammar tutor.
(c) By waiting tables.
(d) By writing plays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ibsen claim he liked to be around young women?
2. What caused Hemingway to lose interest in his affair with Jane Mason?
3. What mistress of Shelley's would live to be over eighty and inspire Henry James's story, The Aspern Papers?
4. What 10,000 word essay did Shelley write in 1821 as a statement of social purpose?
5. What was the name of the estate that Tolstoy inherited from his mother?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)