|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Bertrand Russell: A case of Logical Fiddlesticks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country was Ibsen born in?
2. Where was Hemingway's home Finca Vigia?
(a) In Cuba.
(b) On the island of Crete.
(c) In Flordia.
(d) In Madrid Spain.
3. What religion did Ibsen follow?
(a) He was Jewish.
(b) He was an atheist.
(c) He was Protestant.
(d) He was Catholic.
4. How did Hemingway interact with his fellow writers?
(a) He was indifferent towards other writers and did not have much interaction with them.
(b) He mentored many writers and took pains to help other develop their writing voice.
(c) He bitterly quarreled with all of them except Ezra Pound.
(d) He was close friends with many writers and corresponded with them frequently.
5. What year was Tolstoy born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Shelley's first wife?
2. How did Hemingway die?
3. What ancient languages did Shelley attain great fluency in at Eton?
4. What is the name of the person, whom Ibsen based his character of Nora from A Doll's House on?
5. What 10,000 word essay did Shelley write in 1821 as a statement of social purpose?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)