|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Troubled Conscience of Victor Gollancz.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these was not written by Brecht?
(a) The Life of Galileo.
(b) Rape of the Sabine women.
(c) Mother Courage.
(d) The Trail of Lucullus.
2. What did Brecht request to have done with his remains upon his death?
(a) He wanted to be cremated.
(b) He wanted to be buried in a steel coffin.
(c) He wanted to be buried at sea.
(d) He wanted to be interred in an above ground marble masoleum.
3. What is the name of Ibsen's acknowledged son?
4. What was Brecht's first successful play?
(a) The Mother.
(b) The Slave.
(c) Triumph and Sadness.
5. What was the name of the first publishing firm that Gollancz worked for?
(a) Benn Brothers.
(b) Schuster and Simon.
(c) Easton Press.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Brecht's first Marxist work that was produced in 1930?
2. What was the name of Brecht's wife?
3. How did Ibsen feel about dogs?
4. What foreign country did Gollancz live in briefly while working for the Ministry of Food?
5. What was Ibsen's first literary success?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)