|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Troubled Conscience of Victor Gollancz.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Brecht die?
2. Which of these was not written by Brecht?
(a) The Trail of Lucullus.
(b) Mother Courage.
(c) The Life of Galileo.
(d) Rape of the Sabine women.
3. What did Brecht request to have done with his remains upon his death?
(a) He wanted to be cremated.
(b) He wanted to be interred in an above ground marble masoleum.
(c) He wanted to be buried in a steel coffin.
(d) He wanted to be buried at sea.
4. After Gollancz broke with the Communist, which party did he begin to support?
(a) The Neo-Democrats.
(b) The Whig Party.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) The Labour Party.
5. How was Brecht's work received in the United States?
(a) Brecht never attempted to promote his work in America.
(b) Hollywood embraced his style.
(c) The government provided him with a small stipend.
(d) He was not accepted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ibsen's wife?
2. What country was Ibsen born in?
3. What was Ibsen's first literary success?
4. What was Brecht's first successful play?
5. How did Ibsen feel about dogs?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)