|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Troubled Conscience of Victor Gollancz.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who opened Gollancz'a papers for inspection?
(a) His brother, Archibald.
(b) His daughter Livia.
(c) His wife.
(d) Gollancz asked that his papers be made public in his will.
2. How many siblings did Ibsen have?
(d) He was an only child.
3. How did Ibsen feel about dogs?
(a) He was indifferent to animals in general.
(b) The barking of dogs gave him headaches.
(c) He was deathly afraid of them.
(d) He adored dogs and had several as pets.
4. What year did Gollancz break with the Communist party?
5. What is the name of Ibsen's acknowledged son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Brecht request to have done with his remains upon his death?
2. Which of these was not written by Brecht?
3. What was Brecht's first Marxist work that was produced in 1930?
4. What country was Ibsen born in?
5. What year did Gollancz die?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)