|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Troubled Conscience of Victor Gollancz.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political party did Bertolt Brecht faithfully serve?
(a) The Eastern Democratic Party.
(b) The Nationalist Party.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) The Nazi Party.
2. What award did Brecht win in 1922 for being the best young dramatist.
(a) The Nobel Prize for literature.
(b) The Pulitzer.
(c) The Quill.
(d) The Kleist Prize.
3. What was Brecht's first successful play?
(b) The Slave.
(c) Triumph and Sadness.
(d) The Mother.
4. What foreign country did Gollancz live in briefly while working for the Ministry of Food?
5. How did Ibsen feel about dogs?
(a) The barking of dogs gave him headaches.
(b) He was indifferent to animals in general.
(c) He adored dogs and had several as pets.
(d) He was deathly afraid of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political cause did Gollancz successfully campaign for that was close to his heart?
2. What year did Brecht die?
3. What year did Gollancz break with the Communist party?
4. What is the name of Ibsen's acknowledged son?
5. What is the name of the person, whom Ibsen based his character of Nora from A Doll's House on?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)