|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Troubled Conscience of Victor Gollancz.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country was Ibsen born in?
2. After Gollancz broke with the Communist, which party did he begin to support?
(a) The Neo-Democrats.
(b) The Labour Party.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) The Whig Party.
3. What is the name of the person, whom Ibsen based his character of Nora from A Doll's House on?
(a) Hilde Wangel.
(b) Kirste Holst.
(c) Miriam White.
(d) Laura Kieler.
4. What religion did Ibsen follow?
(a) He was Protestant.
(b) He was Jewish.
(c) He was an atheist.
(d) He was Catholic.
5. What was the name of the first publishing firm that Gollancz worked for?
(a) Easton Press.
(b) Schuster and Simon.
(c) Benn Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opera had Gollancz seen forty-seven times before the age of twenty-one?
2. What subject did Gollancz teach at Repton?
3. What honor did Gollancz receive in 1945?
4. What year did Gollancz die?
5. What caused Brecht to leave Germany in 1933?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)