|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character goes disguised as a famous cousin and leads forces into battle?
2. Who strips off the armor of the Greek warrior after slaying him in battle?
3. Which character avoids conflict with the Spartan king?
4. Who is told by an oracle to sacrifice a daughter?
5. Which character disappears when dust obscures vision of the field?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen survive after the war?
2. What are some of the challenges facing the Trojan army?
3. Why do Priam and Polyxena go to the Greek camp?
4. Why do the Trojans break down the city walls?
5. How does the Greek army respond to the death of Achilles?
6. What must Helen do in order to survive?
7. What eventually happens to Helenus?
8. What is the story that Helenus tells his sibling?
9. Why does Hector miss the funeral of his child?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 19, what risk does Cassandra take?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, there are numerous instances of symbolism. Provide two examples of symbolism during the wedding of Helen to Menelaus. What do these symbols mean?
Essay Topic 2
The point of view in the story is generally that of Helen, Cassandra, or other women but sometimes shifts to other characters. Give an examples of where it shifts and how that affects the telling of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character that Helen initially fears but then grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)