|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is told by an oracle to sacrifice a daughter?
2. Which character is sewing and avoiding any fearful thoughts?
3. Who becomes angry about the idea of matchmaking the legendary Greek hero with a Trojan princess?
4. Which character grants ten days of truce?
5. Which character goes disguised as a famous cousin and leads forces into battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paris distract his opponent?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 19, what risk does Cassandra take?
3. Who are the only soldiers spared on the battlefield and why?
4. How does Andromache try to calm herself?
5. What does Cassandra see when she enters the royal mansion?
6. How do the women watch the unfolding battle?
7. Which main character reveals a deceptive side?
8. What are some of the challenges facing the Trojan army?
9. What does Cassandra wish to confide in her brother?
10. Describe the discussion in the Trojan kitchen garden as war begins.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The point of view in the story is generally that of Helen, Cassandra, or other women but sometimes shifts to other characters. Give an examples of where it shifts and how that affects the telling of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short essay analyzing the different emotional changes of three characters, looking at similar events and how they impact each of them quite differently.
Essay Topic 3
There are numerous metaphors in the book pertaining to beauty. Give three examples of how beauty is portrayed and characters who exhibit power because of their beauty.
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)