|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters become friends?
2. In the Author's Epilogue, who is the character who surprisingly returns to Sparta?
3. What is the terrible vision involving the family of a Trojan prince?
4. What do Greek soldiers come out of in the middle of the night?
5. Whose safety during the marriage ploy is at stake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the interaction that occurs between Hector and Andromache?
2. What does Paris do that alters the fate of the Greek hero?
3. How is Helen able to recognize Achilles?
4. What is the immediate repercussion of Patroclus' death?
5. What does Achilles do that makes the Trojan women weep?
6. Describe the discussion in the Trojan kitchen garden as war begins.
7. How does Helen survive after the war?
8. What are some of the challenges facing the Trojan army?
9. How does Paris distract his opponent?
10. Why do the Trojans break down the city walls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, there are numerous instances of symbolism. Provide two examples of symbolism during the wedding of Helen to Menelaus. What do these symbols mean?
Essay Topic 2
Write a short essay analyzing the different emotional changes of three characters, looking at similar events and how they impact each of them quite differently.
Essay Topic 3
When Helen realizes that war is inevitable, she feels guilty and powerless. How does she seek forgiveness, if at all? What plans does she make to try to avert the war?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)