|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became invincible by being dipped in the river Styx?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 10, which character appears cowardly?
3. Which characters become friends?
4. Where do the Trojan citizens escape to hide?
5. Who prevents an actual physical fight between the two disputing parties?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 19, what risk does Cassandra take?
2. Which two brave warriors fight against each other on the battlefield equally?
3. What does Paris do that alters the fate of the Greek hero?
4. How does Paris distract his opponent?
5. What is the immediate repercussion of Patroclus' death?
6. Why do the Trojans break down the city walls?
7. How do the women watch the unfolding battle?
8. What does Helenus reveal to his sibling about the horse?
9. Why does Hector miss the funeral of his child?
10. Describe the discussion in the Trojan kitchen garden as war begins.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Hector and Ajax are powerful warriors. They are unable to defeat each other and peacefully accept a truce. What does this behavior reveal about both men? How does this differ from other warriors in the story?
Essay Topic 2
The point of view in the story is generally that of Helen, Cassandra, or other women but sometimes shifts to other characters. Give an examples of where it shifts and how that affects the telling of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Helen initially is envious of her cousin Penelope's love for Odysseus. How does this influence her attraction to Paris?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)