|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the terrible vision involving the family of a Trojan prince?
2. Who watches the armies gather the dead when a truce is called?
3. Who became invincible by being dipped in the river Styx?
4. Where is the new capital of Troy built?
5. In the Author's Epilogue, who is the character who surprisingly returns to Sparta?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Polyxena's appearance.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 19, what risk does Cassandra take?
3. What does Cassandra see when she enters the royal mansion?
4. What are some of the challenges facing the Trojan army?
5. What does Cassandra wish to confide in her brother?
6. Which main character reveals a deceptive side?
7. Describe the discussion in the Trojan kitchen garden as war begins.
8. Who are the only soldiers spared on the battlefield and why?
9. What must Helen do in order to survive?
10. How does Paris distract his opponent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character that Helen initially fears but then grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 2
Helen changes from being an impulsive and immature young girl to a poised, confident, and attractive young woman under Theseus' guidance. What does this transformation offer Helen? How does her experience and interactions with other people change?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Hector to Achilles. Both of these characters are brave warriors. How are they similar and how are they different? What resources and people do they have for support? How does their relationship with loved ones affect their fight?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)