|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to placate the head of the Trojan army?
2. What event creates a holiday mood in Troy?
3. Which character cannot attend the ceremony for the stillborn child?
4. Who wreaks violence like a fiery tempest on the battlefield?
5. Who are the characters fighting in a duel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the challenges facing the Trojan army?
2. What is the immediate repercussion of Patroclus' death?
3. What does Achilles do that makes the Trojan women weep?
4. How is Helen able to recognize Achilles?
5. Describe Polyxena's appearance.
6. Why does Achilles refuse to fight?
7. What does Paris do that alters the fate of the Greek hero?
8. Describe the discussion in the Trojan kitchen garden as war begins.
9. Which main character reveals a deceptive side?
10. What does Cassandra wish to confide in her brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the allusion offered by the horse that the Greeks leave behind? How does this contribute to the downfall of the Trojans?
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character that Helen initially fears but then grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 3
How is good and evil portrayed on the battlefield? Give an example of each and defend your reasoning in several sentences.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)