|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who emerges as a confident and heroic character that makes courageous choices?
2. Which character symbolizes a different kind of power for women?
3. Who tries to placate the head of the Trojan army?
4. Where is the new capital of Troy built?
5. Who is afraid of the gift that the Greeks left behind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the immediate repercussion of Patroclus' death?
2. What eventually happens to Helenus?
3. Describe the discussion in the Trojan kitchen garden as war begins.
4. What must Helen do in order to survive?
5. Why does Cassandra choose to go to Hector's mansion instead of going straight to the temple of Athena?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 19, what risk does Cassandra take?
7. What does Cassandra wish to confide in her brother?
8. Why is the child of Agamemnon sacrificed?
9. What is Helen's plan to save Troy?
10. Which main character reveals a deceptive side?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the story, there are numerous references to seeking revenge. Choose two examples and explain the point of view of the avenger.
Essay Topic 2
Marriage is discussed in many ways throughout Inside the Walls of Troy. Discuss its effect on the status of women and the influence they have in decision-making, self-preservation, romantic interests, and political control.
Essay Topic 3
Helen changes from being an impulsive and immature young girl to a poised, confident, and attractive young woman under Theseus' guidance. What does this transformation offer Helen? How does her experience and interactions with other people change?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)