|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sign Aphrodite sends?
2. Who is this character that plays knucklebones with a cousin and does not want to give up childish things such as running down to see the new foal in the stable?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 5, with whom do the Trojans want to forge alliances?
4. Who is the character that kidnaps a twelve-year old as ransom in gold?
5. Who sees the fleeing lovers at the temple of Aphrodite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dream the visionary character has about war?
2. How does the public respond to the visionary character?
3. What is the story of Paris' origins?
4. Does Theseus like Helen initially?
5. What happens during negotiations between the Greeks and the Trojans?
6. What is the legend of Zeus and his progeny?
7. What is the promise Paris says Aphrodite gave him?
8. What gifts does Theseus send to the newly married couple?
9. Why will the suitors fight each other with vengeance?
10. What efforts do the Trojans take to expand their forces?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Hector to Achilles. Both of these characters are brave warriors. How are they similar and how are they different? What resources and people do they have for support? How does their relationship with loved ones affect their fight?
Essay Topic 2
How is good and evil portrayed on the battlefield? Give an example of each and defend your reasoning in several sentences.
Essay Topic 3
When Helen realizes that war is inevitable, she feels guilty and powerless. How does she seek forgiveness, if at all? What plans does she make to try to avert the war?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)