|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dream the visionary character has of the Trojan prince?
2. Who is distraught about leaving a child behind?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 4, what is the pivotal act?
4. Who does not notice the covert flirtation occurring at the king's dinner table?
5. What is the reason the Grecian king might consider going to war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Penelope notice about Odysseus?
2. Does Theseus like Helen initially?
3. What is Odysseus' plan to choose a suitor?
4. What does Menelaus think Paris can do while he is gone away?
5. Why does Andromache appear hostile?
6. What news does Penelope receive that troubles her?
7. Despite his courtship efforts, what is Menelaus unaware of?
8. What is the most painful decision facing Helen?
9. What is the relationship between the twins and how are they affected by their gifts?
10. What happens during negotiations between the Greeks and the Trojans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the allusion offered by the horse that the Greeks leave behind? How does this contribute to the downfall of the Trojans?
Essay Topic 2
Write a short essay analyzing the different emotional changes of three characters, looking at similar events and how they impact each of them quite differently.
Essay Topic 3
Patroclus' death at the hand of Hector is a huge turning point in the story and immediately foreshadows destruction to come. Describe how this happens.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)