|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs past sleeping servants in a royal mansion and sees soldiers stealthily emerging outside?
2. Who is the girl desired by the king?
3. Who hears the sounds of mourning while talking?
(a) Helen and Menelaus.
(b) Andromache and Cassandra.
(c) Priam and Paris.
(d) Helen and Cassandra.
4. Which character reunites with a daughter after a long time?
5. Which character cannot attend the ceremony for the stillborn child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages single combat to end the war?
2. Which characters become friends?
3. What do the women do when there is a lull in the battle?
4. Which character warns the women of the duel?
5. Who becomes worried because of the death of the courageous cousin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cassandra wish to confide in her brother?
2. Why is the child of Agamemnon sacrificed?
3. Why does Cassandra choose to go to Hector's mansion instead of going straight to the temple of Athena?
4. What are some of the challenges facing the Trojan army?
5. What must Helen do in order to survive?
6. What is the interaction that occurs between Hector and Andromache?
7. How does the Greek army respond to the death of Achilles?
8. Which main character reveals a deceptive side?
9. Who are the only soldiers spared on the battlefield and why?
10. Why do Priam and Polyxena go to the Greek camp?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)