|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Author's Epilogue, who is the character who surprisingly returns to Sparta?
2. Which characters scheme against the Greek warrior by playing upon his attraction to a young princess?
(a) Helen and Polyxena.
(b) Cassandra and Helen.
(c) Penelope and Helen.
(d) Cassandra and Polyxena.
3. Who plots to break his promise and enslave one of the women?
4. Who shoots an arrow that renders the Greek hero vulnerable?
5. Which characters become friends?
(a) Odysseus and Paris.
(b) Helen and Cassandra.
(c) King Agamemnon and Hector.
(d) Penelope and Clytemnestra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sails up the Hellespont to raid Thrace?
2. Who refuses to watch the conflict because it is too painful to bear?
3. What is the terrible vision involving the family of a Trojan prince?
4. How long does the Greek warrior circle the city walls after the death of the Trojan prince?
5. Who retires from battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the interaction that occurs between Hector and Andromache?
2. Why do the Trojans break down the city walls?
3. How do the women watch the unfolding battle?
4. What does Achilles do that makes the Trojan women weep?
5. How does Helen survive after the war?
6. What is the immediate repercussion of Patroclus' death?
7. What does Helenus reveal to his sibling about the horse?
8. Why does Achilles refuse to fight?
9. What are some of the challenges facing the Trojan army?
10. Describe Polyxena's appearance.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)