|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is considered the child of Zeus?
2. Why is the visionary character shunned by others?
(a) This character drinks too much.
(b) This character is diseased.
(c) This character rambles and is scary in appearance.
(d) This character has unhappy visions that turn out to be true.
3. Who is the character most moved by the arrival of the Trojan prince?
4. What is the reason the queen feels compelled to abandon her home?
(a) She hates her husband.
(b) She wants to save her son.
(c) She wants to avert a war.
(d) She feels controlled by the goddess Aphrodite who convinces her to follow the Trojan prince.
5. Who is deeply troubled by the love affair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the palace treasury on to a ship?
2. What is the sign Aphrodite sends?
3. Who inherits both a wife and a kingdom?
4. Who packs to leave despite objections from the nurse in Part 1, Chapter 12?
5. Who is promised to Menelaus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gifts does Theseus send to the newly married couple?
2. What is the promise Paris says Aphrodite gave him?
3. What is the reason that Menelaus gives for waging war with Troy?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 10, Helen meets Paris. Describe what she sees.
5. What does Penelope notice about Odysseus?
6. Despite his courtship efforts, what is Menelaus unaware of?
7. How does the public respond to the visionary character?
8. In response to one twin's fearful vision, what does the other twin suggest as a plan of action?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is the dreadful vision that involves the Trojan prince?
10. What is the role played by Clytemnestra during the royal courtship?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)