|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is shunned by the royal family?
2. What is revealed about women in Greek society in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) Women are considered objects of beauty and lack power over their own lives.
(b) Women marry younger men of their own choice.
(c) Women become slaves of their husbands.
(d) Women are deceitful and power-hungry.
3. Who further agitates discussions and serves as a mouthpiece for the Trojan prince?
4. Which character notices a shifting mood in the Trojan warriors?
5. What symbolizes good fortune in Greek culture?
(b) Honeyed wine.
(d) Good weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who predicts that the visionary princess will not have to wed?
2. What wedding gift is considered ominous?
3. What does the act of growing a beard signify in Greek culture?
4. Who sends a wedding gift of an Arabian mare?
5. What is the sign Aphrodite sends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the promise Paris says Aphrodite gave him?
2. What is the role played by Clytemnestra during the royal courtship?
3. What is the most painful decision facing Helen?
4. What efforts do the Trojans take to expand their forces?
5. What is Odysseus' plan to choose a suitor?
6. Why will the suitors fight each other with vengeance?
7. How does the public respond to the visionary character?
8. What happens during negotiations between the Greeks and the Trojans?
9. What is the transformation that happens to Helen after she leaves home?
10. Despite his courtship efforts, what is Menelaus unaware of?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)