|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character that does not believe the legend of Zeus becoming a swan to mate with mortal women?
2. Which character gives the bride advice to be happy with what she has received?
3. Which character charms everyone in Troy?
4. Which character joyfully shares stories of love after marriage?
5. What area is the gateway to Asia Minor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not swear the oath of the suitors?
2. What does Aphrodite apparently promise the Trojan prince?
3. What is the story told about the birth of the Trojan prince?
4. Which character is most distraught about the conflict?
5. What symbolizes good fortune in Greek culture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of Paris' origins?
2. What is the role played by Clytemnestra during the royal courtship?
3. Why does Andromache appear hostile?
4. What does Penelope notice about Odysseus?
5. What is the relationship between the twins and how are they affected by their gifts?
6. What do the women of Troy like about the Spartan queen when they first meet her?
7. What news does Penelope receive that troubles her?
8. Does Theseus like Helen initially?
9. Describe Helen in Part 1, Chapter 1.
10. Describe Helen through Menelaus' eyes when he first sees her.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)