|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character joyfully shares stories of love after marriage?
2. Who is the character most moved by the arrival of the Trojan prince?
3. Who is hostile towards the Spartan queen?
4. Why is marriage considered so important?
(a) Marriage of royalty forges political alliances, uniting wealth and spreading influence.
(b) Marriage will create conflict for the king of Greece.
(c) Marriage will result in the decline of Grecian power.
(d) Marriage is forbidden for the lovers.
5. Which character symbolizes the peaceful life of the queen in Sparta and her royal duty to her husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes that the best action is to sacrifice to the gods and wait?
2. What area is the gateway to Asia Minor?
3. Who is considered as beautiful as Aphrodite?
4. What is the reason the queen feels compelled to abandon her home?
5. What is the name of the child born to the rulers of Sparta?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events that unfold at the dinner banquet.
2. What is the relationship between the twins and how are they affected by their gifts?
3. Why does Andromache appear hostile?
4. Describe Helen through Menelaus' eyes when he first sees her.
5. Why will the suitors fight each other with vengeance?
6. What does Menelaus think Paris can do while he is gone away?
7. What is the reason that Menelaus gives for waging war with Troy?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 1, we meet Cassandra. Describe her.
9. What is the role played by Clytemnestra during the royal courtship?
10. What does Penelope notice about Odysseus?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)