|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the suitors in the men's hall to present a plan for choosing the winning suitor?
2. Whose love does the queen now understand?
3. Who is the character most moved by the arrival of the Trojan prince?
4. Who believes that the best action is to sacrifice to the gods and wait?
5. What object turns into fire in the dream?
(a) The cushion.
(b) The honey.
(c) The flute.
(d) The ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theory of the twins' special gift?
2. Who will come to negotiate the release of the Spartan queen?
3. Why is the visionary character shunned by others?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 4, what does the king do that reveals his wisdom?
5. What is the reason the Grecian king might consider going to war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the promise Paris says Aphrodite gave him?
2. What is the reason that Menelaus gives for waging war with Troy?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is the dreadful vision that involves the Trojan prince?
4. Does Theseus like Helen initially?
5. What do the women of Troy like about the Spartan queen when they first meet her?
6. What is the story of Paris' origins?
7. What is the relationship between the twins and how are they affected by their gifts?
8. Despite his courtship efforts, what is Menelaus unaware of?
9. What is the dream the visionary character has about war?
10. Why does Andromache appear hostile?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)