|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Trojan citizens escape to hide?
(a) The temple of Athena.
(b) The underground passage.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The caves in the hills.
2. What is the name of the baby being rescued from the mansion?
3. Which characters argue over the spoils of war?
(a) Helenus and Odysseus.
(b) Paris and Hector.
(c) Agamemnon and Achilles.
(d) Agamemnon and Priam.
4. Which character symbolizes a different kind of power for women?
5. Who is deceptively led away to Aulis?
(d) King Agamemnon.
6. When do the two warriors retire from the field?
(a) When darkness falls.
(b) When the moon disappears.
(c) When the flag is raised.
(d) When a conch is blown.
7. Who is afraid of the gift that the Greeks left behind?
8. Who bristles at the idea of marriage to the legendary Greek hero?
9. Who makes fun of the warrior that disappeared?
10. Which two warriors battle without gaining an advantage?
(a) Agamemnon and Priam.
(b) Achilles and Menelaus.
(c) Hector and Ajax.
(d) Paris and Deiphobus.
11. Who becomes angry about the idea of matchmaking the legendary Greek hero with a Trojan princess?
12. Which characters are talking in the kitchen garden about marriage?
(a) Agamemnon and Paris.
(b) Paris and Deiphobus.
(c) Menelaus and Achilles.
(d) Andromache and Helen.
13. Who escapes and builds the city of Rome?
14. What event creates a holiday mood in Troy?
(a) A week of winemaking.
(b) The birth of a royal heir.
(c) The marriage of the Trojan prince.
(d) The arrival of the Greeks.
15. Who is happy to see the leader of the Trojan army is safe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character breaks the truce by wounding the Spartan king?
2. Which character grants ten days of truce?
3. Who refuses to watch the conflict because it is too painful to bear?
4. Which characters become friends?
5. Which character cannot attend the ceremony for the stillborn child?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)