|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends a wedding gift of an Arabian mare?
2. What is the reason the queen feels compelled to abandon her home?
(a) She feels controlled by the goddess Aphrodite who convinces her to follow the Trojan prince.
(b) She wants to save her son.
(c) She wants to avert a war.
(d) She hates her husband.
3. What does the Oracle predict that troubles Penelope?
(a) Her best friend will die.
(b) Her husband will leave to fight in the war and not return home for twenty years.
(c) The war will destroy her home.
(d) Her son will die in the upcoming war.
4. Who is promised to Menelaus?
5. What is the name of the child born to the rulers of Sparta?
6. Whose name means final battle?
7. Who has a painful vision of the death of a Trojan prince?
8. Who is pleased by the arrival of the Spartan queen?
9. Who packs to leave despite objections from the nurse in Part 1, Chapter 12?
10. Who is deeply troubled by the love affair?
11. Who is the character that is invited to Sparta for talks?
12. Which character has thirteen suitors?
13. In Part 1, Chapter 5, who stalls making a decision on marriage by staging hunts instead?
14. Who is considered the child of Zeus?
15. Which character evokes empathy in the reader?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character runs to share a vision to a sibling?
2. What is the dream the visionary character has of the Trojan prince?
3. What does the act of growing a beard signify in Greek culture?
4. Who is distraught about leaving a child behind?
5. Who dismisses the visions saying no one will believe them?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)