|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is considered more intelligent than all the suitors combined?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 6, what is the decision-making process compared to?
(a) Choosing clothing.
(b) Choosing a favorite story.
(c) Choosing beauty products.
(d) Choosing melons.
3. What is revealed about women in Greek society in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) Women are deceitful and power-hungry.
(b) Women are considered objects of beauty and lack power over their own lives.
(c) Women become slaves of their husbands.
(d) Women marry younger men of their own choice.
4. Who is pleased to have the Trojan prince stay?
(a) Menelaus and Helen.
(b) Helen and Odysseus.
(c) Menelaus and Penelope.
(d) Hermione and Penelope.
5. What is the story told about the birth of the Trojan prince?
(a) When the Trojan prince was born, his parents both were murdered and he was left an orphan.
(b) The Trojan prince was left on a mountainside because of a dream his mother had of burning sticks and cared for by a shepherd until he returned to Troy and won the annual games and confessed his royal birth.
(c) The Trojan prince was conceived in a lake and was the son of Zeus.
(d) The Trojan prince was spirited away by demons and forced to live sequestered on an island till he was rescued as an adolescent.
6. Who is considered the child of Zeus?
7. Which character learns about the terrible vision of death awaiting the head of the Trojan army?
8. Who is distraught about leaving a child behind?
9. Who is this character that plays knucklebones with a cousin and does not want to give up childish things such as running down to see the new foal in the stable?
10. Who has a painful vision of the death of a Trojan prince?
11. Whose name means final battle?
12. Who leads the Greek delegation in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Phoenician traders.
(b) King Nestor of Pylos.
13. Which character is destined to have a stillborn child?
14. What is the reason the queen feels compelled to abandon her home?
(a) She hates her husband.
(b) She wants to save her son.
(c) She feels controlled by the goddess Aphrodite who convinces her to follow the Trojan prince.
(d) She wants to avert a war.
15. Who dismisses the visions saying no one will believe them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who marries in Sparta in a wonderful ceremony?
2. Which character notices a shifting mood in the Trojan warriors?
3. Who packs to leave despite objections from the nurse in Part 1, Chapter 12?
4. Why is marriage considered so important?
5. Where does Helen's sadness stem from?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)