|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the bitter choices facing the queen if she departs?
(a) She risks losing her child and also being caught by her husband.
(b) She would lose the beauty that she had become famous for.
(c) She loses her wealth.
(d) She could be killed.
2. Who exerts a power over the queen that cannot be stopped?
(a) Helen and Penelope.
(b) Hermione and Hessia.
(c) Menelaus and Odysseus.
(d) Aphrodite and Paris.
3. Which character notices a shifting mood in the Trojan warriors?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 5, who stalls making a decision on marriage by staging hunts instead?
5. Who inherits both a wife and a kingdom?
6. Who falls in love soon after the royal banquet?
(a) Menelaus and Hessia.
(b) Helen and Priam.
(c) Paris and Penelope.
(d) Paris and Helen.
7. Which character runs to share a vision to a sibling?
8. Who is considered the child of Zeus?
9. Who further agitates discussions and serves as a mouthpiece for the Trojan prince?
10. What is the sign Aphrodite sends?
(a) A child is born to the Spartan couple.
(b) The royal heir blesses the young lovers with a gift.
(c) The news arrives that Agamemnon has died and the king has to leave to attend the funeral rites.
(d) The king of Sparta is wounded in battle, leaving the Trojan prince in charge.
11. Who sacks the city of Sion?
12. What is the name of the child born to the rulers of Sparta?
13. What wedding gift is considered ominous?
(a) The Arabian white mare.
(b) The thousand goats.
(c) The gift of the circular mirror in the shape of Aphrodite.
(d) The four matching chariot horses.
14. Who has a painful vision of the death of a Trojan prince?
15. Who is pleased to have the Trojan prince stay?
(a) Menelaus and Penelope.
(b) Menelaus and Helen.
(c) Hermione and Penelope.
(d) Helen and Odysseus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has hairy arms?
2. Who is this character that plays knucklebones with a cousin and does not want to give up childish things such as running down to see the new foal in the stable?
3. Who is the character most moved by the arrival of the Trojan prince?
4. What is the theory of the twins' special gift?
5. Who is the character that is invited to Sparta for talks?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)