|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason the queen feels compelled to abandon her home?
(a) She wants to save her son.
(b) She hates her husband.
(c) She feels controlled by the goddess Aphrodite who convinces her to follow the Trojan prince.
(d) She wants to avert a war.
2. What is considered forbidden fruit?
(a) Penelope whom the Trojan prince pursues.
(b) Honeyed wine that is only given to the gods.
(c) Taking possession of the Grecian kingdom covertly.
(d) The clandestine relationship of Helen, the wife of Menelaus, with Paris.
3. What are the bitter choices facing the queen if she departs?
(a) She loses her wealth.
(b) She risks losing her child and also being caught by her husband.
(c) She would lose the beauty that she had become famous for.
(d) She could be killed.
4. Which character is destined to have a stillborn child?
5. Who marries in Sparta in a wonderful ceremony?
(a) Odysseus and Penelope.
(b) Tyndareus and Penelope.
(c) Helen and Odysseus.
(d) Helen and Menelaus.
6. What is the reason the Grecian king might consider going to war?
(a) To stop paying double the price for goods on which Troy has levied taxes.
(b) To deflect criticism from his court.
(c) To open trade negotiations.
(d) To defend their troops in Asia.
7. Who is the character that kidnaps a twelve-year old as ransom in gold?
8. Who is considered as beautiful as Aphrodite?
9. In Part 1, Chapter 4, what is the pivotal act?
(a) The transformation of the young woman into a symbol of power and beauty.
(b) The young woman's escape aboard a Grecian ship.
(c) The king's decision to abdicate his throne.
(d) The king's marriage to the young woman.
10. Which character learns about the terrible vision of death awaiting the head of the Trojan army?
11. Which character has thirteen suitors?
12. What is the story told about the birth of the Trojan prince?
(a) The Trojan prince was left on a mountainside because of a dream his mother had of burning sticks and cared for by a shepherd until he returned to Troy and won the annual games and confessed his royal birth.
(b) When the Trojan prince was born, his parents both were murdered and he was left an orphan.
(c) The Trojan prince was spirited away by demons and forced to live sequestered on an island till he was rescued as an adolescent.
(d) The Trojan prince was conceived in a lake and was the son of Zeus.
13. Who refuses to listen to the visionary character?
14. In Part 1, Chapter 6, what is the decision-making process compared to?
(a) Choosing melons.
(b) Choosing a favorite story.
(c) Choosing beauty products.
(d) Choosing clothing.
15. Who further agitates discussions and serves as a mouthpiece for the Trojan prince?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character only shares visions when they lead to good fortune or happiness?
2. Which character is shunned by the royal family?
3. Who encourages the young woman to marry the younger brother of the King of Greece?
4. Who is surprised by the reactions of the peasants when they climb aboard the golden chariot?
5. Who inherits both a wife and a kingdom?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)