|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character that does not believe the legend of Zeus becoming a swan to mate with mortal women?
2. Which character learns about the terrible vision of death awaiting the head of the Trojan army?
3. What does the act of growing a beard signify in Greek culture?
(a) That a man is ready for battle.
(b) That a young man is old enough to marry.
(c) That a young man is old enough to train as a warrior.
(d) That a warrior has given up battle and was settling into domestic life.
4. Who takes the palace treasury on to a ship?
5. What is the reason the queen feels compelled to abandon her home?
(a) She wants to save her son.
(b) She wants to avert a war.
(c) She feels controlled by the goddess Aphrodite who convinces her to follow the Trojan prince.
(d) She hates her husband.
6. What is the story told about the birth of the Trojan prince?
(a) The Trojan prince was spirited away by demons and forced to live sequestered on an island till he was rescued as an adolescent.
(b) When the Trojan prince was born, his parents both were murdered and he was left an orphan.
(c) The Trojan prince was left on a mountainside because of a dream his mother had of burning sticks and cared for by a shepherd until he returned to Troy and won the annual games and confessed his royal birth.
(d) The Trojan prince was conceived in a lake and was the son of Zeus.
7. Which character is destined to have a stillborn child?
8. Who has hairy arms?
9. Who lies around the city steeped in blood in the dream?
(a) Slain warriors.
10. Who is the character that is invited to Sparta for talks?
11. Who sacks the city of Sion?
12. Whose violent deaths make the Greek king lose his desire to rule?
(d) Helen's brothers.
13. What is the theory of the twins' special gift?
(a) The twins fell asleep in Apollo's temple and were licked by sacred serpents.
(b) Apollo blessed them with visionary power.
(c) They could predict the future because they were protected in birth by a god.
(d) Their powers came alive when they were together.
14. Who sees the fleeing lovers at the temple of Aphrodite?
(b) Phoenician traders.
15. Who acts generously when the ransom is brought and deflects conflict?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Helen's sadness stem from?
2. What object turns into fire in the dream?
3. Which character only shares visions when they lead to good fortune or happiness?
4. What is the plan offered in the men's hall to choose the suitor?
5. Who leads the Greek delegation in Part 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)