|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not swear the oath of the suitors?
2. Who is promised to Menelaus?
3. What area is the gateway to Asia Minor?
4. Why is the visionary character shunned by others?
(a) This character rambles and is scary in appearance.
(b) This character has unhappy visions that turn out to be true.
(c) This character drinks too much.
(d) This character is diseased.
5. Which character evokes empathy in the reader?
6. What is the reason the Grecian king might consider going to war?
(a) To deflect criticism from his court.
(b) To defend their troops in Asia.
(c) To stop paying double the price for goods on which Troy has levied taxes.
(d) To open trade negotiations.
7. What is the dream the visionary character has of the Trojan prince?
(a) The Trojan prince dies in a war.
(b) The Trojan prince is betrayed by a loved one.
(c) The Trojan prince is seated cross-legged on cushions on a ship with a beautiful blonde woman playing a flute.
(d) The Trojan prince fights and fails.
8. In Part 1, Chapter 5, who stalls making a decision on marriage by staging hunts instead?
9. Who is the character that does not believe the legend of Zeus becoming a swan to mate with mortal women?
10. Who interrupts the suitors in the men's hall to present a plan for choosing the winning suitor?
11. Who will come to negotiate the release of the Spartan queen?
(a) Nestor, Odysseus, and Menelaus.
(b) Hector, Cassandra, and Paris.
(c) Penelope, Odysseus, and Helen.
(d) Cassandra, Helenus, and Priam.
12. What does the Oracle predict that troubles Penelope?
(a) Her husband will leave to fight in the war and not return home for twenty years.
(b) Her son will die in the upcoming war.
(c) The war will destroy her home.
(d) Her best friend will die.
13. Who is the character that is invited to Sparta for talks?
14. Whose love does the queen now understand?
15. Which character is shunned by the royal family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aphrodite apparently promise the Trojan prince?
2. Which character charms everyone in Troy?
3. Who sees the fleeing lovers at the temple of Aphrodite?
4. Who marries in Sparta in a wonderful ceremony?
5. Where does Helen's sadness stem from?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)