|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls in love soon after the royal banquet?
(a) Helen and Priam.
(b) Menelaus and Hessia.
(c) Paris and Penelope.
(d) Paris and Helen.
2. Who believes that the best action is to sacrifice to the gods and wait?
3. What is the reason the Grecian king might consider going to war?
(a) To open trade negotiations.
(b) To defend their troops in Asia.
(c) To stop paying double the price for goods on which Troy has levied taxes.
(d) To deflect criticism from his court.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 5, who stalls making a decision on marriage by staging hunts instead?
5. Which character symbolizes the peaceful life of the queen in Sparta and her royal duty to her husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the bitter choices facing the queen if she departs?
2. What is the reason the queen feels compelled to abandon her home?
3. What symbolizes good fortune in Greek culture?
4. What does the Oracle predict that troubles Penelope?
5. Who is tormented by terrible visions?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)