|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is surprised by the reactions of the peasants when they climb aboard the golden chariot?
2. Who is this character that plays knucklebones with a cousin and does not want to give up childish things such as running down to see the new foal in the stable?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 4, what does the king do that reveals his wisdom?
(a) He teaches the young woman to recognize, appreciate, and harness her beauty and its power over other people.
(b) He teaches the young woman to commandeer a ship to escape.
(c) He is willing to compromise with his foes.
(d) He chooses not to wage war.
4. What is the reason the Grecian king might consider going to war?
(a) To deflect criticism from his court.
(b) To stop paying double the price for goods on which Troy has levied taxes.
(c) To open trade negotiations.
(d) To defend their troops in Asia.
5. What does the act of growing a beard signify in Greek culture?
(a) That a man is ready for battle.
(b) That a warrior has given up battle and was settling into domestic life.
(c) That a young man is old enough to marry.
(d) That a young man is old enough to train as a warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who marries in Sparta in a wonderful ceremony?
2. What is the story told about the birth of the Trojan prince?
3. Who is the character that is perceptive enough to notice a softening in the ship captain's attitude?
4. Which character gives the bride advice to be happy with what she has received?
5. Who has hairy arms?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)