|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character symbolizes the peaceful life of the queen in Sparta and her royal duty to her husband?
2. Which character evokes empathy in the reader?
3. What does the act of growing a beard signify in Greek culture?
(a) That a man is ready for battle.
(b) That a young man is old enough to marry.
(c) That a warrior has given up battle and was settling into domestic life.
(d) That a young man is old enough to train as a warrior.
4. Who encourages the young woman to marry the younger brother of the King of Greece?
5. Who is considered as beautiful as Aphrodite?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose love does the queen now understand?
2. What is the reason the queen feels compelled to abandon her home?
3. What is considered forbidden fruit?
4. What does Aphrodite apparently promise the Trojan prince?
5. What is the dream the visionary character has of the Trojan prince?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)