|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 4, what is the pivotal act?
(a) The transformation of the young woman into a symbol of power and beauty.
(b) The king's marriage to the young woman.
(c) The king's decision to abdicate his throne.
(d) The young woman's escape aboard a Grecian ship.
2. Who is surprised by the reactions of the peasants when they climb aboard the golden chariot?
3. Who is the character that is perceptive enough to notice a softening in the ship captain's attitude?
4. Which character has thirteen suitors?
5. Who does not swear the oath of the suitors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the child born to the rulers of Sparta?
2. What symbolizes good fortune in Greek culture?
3. What is the reason the Grecian king might consider going to war?
4. Who inherits both a wife and a kingdom?
5. Why is marriage considered so important?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)