|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character gives the bride advice to be happy with what she has received?
2. What symbolizes good fortune in Greek culture?
(a) Honeyed wine.
(d) Good weather.
3. What does the Oracle predict that troubles Penelope?
(a) Her husband will leave to fight in the war and not return home for twenty years.
(b) Her son will die in the upcoming war.
(c) Her best friend will die.
(d) The war will destroy her home.
4. What location is built of rock and considered an impenetrable fortress?
5. What is the thorny issue facing the father of the young woman who is being courted by many suitors?
(a) His daughter is pregnant with the child of a suitor.
(b) Because of her obsessive charm, the young woman evokes jealousy and possessiveness in her suitors, who will then become enemies of whomever her father chooses as her husband.
(c) His daughter is cursed.
(d) He does not like any of the suitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose violent deaths make the Greek king lose his desire to rule?
2. What wedding gift is considered ominous?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 5, who stalls making a decision on marriage by staging hunts instead?
4. Who becomes transformed from a demanding, nail-biting, impatient person to a graceful and alluring person?
5. What is the name of the child born to the rulers of Sparta?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)