|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolizes good fortune in Greek culture?
(b) Good weather.
(c) Honeyed wine.
2. Why is marriage considered so important?
(a) Marriage of royalty forges political alliances, uniting wealth and spreading influence.
(b) Marriage will create conflict for the king of Greece.
(c) Marriage is forbidden for the lovers.
(d) Marriage will result in the decline of Grecian power.
3. Who is promised to Menelaus?
4. What is revealed about women in Greek society in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) Women are considered objects of beauty and lack power over their own lives.
(b) Women become slaves of their husbands.
(c) Women are deceitful and power-hungry.
(d) Women marry younger men of their own choice.
5. Who is considered the child of Zeus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the plan offered in the men's hall to choose the suitor?
2. Who are the characters who bring the ransom?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 4, what does the king do that reveals his wisdom?
4. Who is considered more intelligent than all the suitors combined?
5. Who marries in Sparta in a wonderful ceremony?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)