|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed about women in Greek society in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) Women become slaves of their husbands.
(b) Women marry younger men of their own choice.
(c) Women are considered objects of beauty and lack power over their own lives.
(d) Women are deceitful and power-hungry.
2. What is the plan offered in the men's hall to choose the suitor?
(a) The man who can fight off all the other suitors single-handedly will win the hand of the bride.
(b) All suitors must promise to defend the king all their lives if they want to be considered.
(c) All the men who wish to be considered as suitors must swear oaths to protect the winner as blood brothers for the rest of their lives.
(d) All suitors must forsake all gambling and drinking forever if they want to be considered.
3. Who interrupts the suitors in the men's hall to present a plan for choosing the winning suitor?
4. Who has hairy arms?
5. Who becomes transformed from a demanding, nail-biting, impatient person to a graceful and alluring person?
(c) Servant girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the character who defeated the bull of Crete in combat and became famous?
2. Which character has thirteen suitors?
3. Who encourages the young woman to marry the younger brother of the King of Greece?
4. Who is the character that is perceptive enough to notice a softening in the ship captain's attitude?
5. What is the thorny issue facing the father of the young woman who is being courted by many suitors?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)