|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 4, what is the pivotal act?
(a) The transformation of the young woman into a symbol of power and beauty.
(b) The young woman's escape aboard a Grecian ship.
(c) The king's marriage to the young woman.
(d) The king's decision to abdicate his throne.
2. Which character is shunned by the royal family?
3. What area is the gateway to Asia Minor?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 4, what does the king do that reveals his wisdom?
(a) He is willing to compromise with his foes.
(b) He chooses not to wage war.
(c) He teaches the young woman to recognize, appreciate, and harness her beauty and its power over other people.
(d) He teaches the young woman to commandeer a ship to escape.
5. What is sent back to the Greek camp to be sacrificed?
(a) Two Trojan leaders.
(b) A thousand goats.
(c) The head of a lion.
(d) Twelve noblemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character symbolizes a different kind of power for women?
2. Who hears the sounds of mourning while talking?
3. What happens when the contest is halted?
4. Which characters scheme against the Greek warrior by playing upon his attraction to a young princess?
5. Who wreaks violence like a fiery tempest on the battlefield?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)