|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is promised to Menelaus?
2. Who is deeply troubled by the love affair?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 4, what does the king do that reveals his wisdom?
(a) He teaches the young woman to commandeer a ship to escape.
(b) He is willing to compromise with his foes.
(c) He chooses not to wage war.
(d) He teaches the young woman to recognize, appreciate, and harness her beauty and its power over other people.
4. Which character has thirteen suitors?
5. What area is the gateway to Asia Minor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is considered forbidden fruit?
2. Where does Helen's sadness stem from?
3. Who falls in love soon after the royal banquet?
4. What is the plan offered in the men's hall to choose the suitor?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 4, what is the pivotal act?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)