|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aphrodite apparently promise the Trojan prince?
(a) Aphrodite promises the Trojan prince that he will win any war he fights.
(b) Aphrodite promises that the Trojan prince will be eternally youthful.
(c) If Aphrodite is made queen of Sparta, she will grant the Trojan prince anything he desires.
(d) If Aphrodite becomes the winner of a contest among three goddesses, she will give Helen to the Trojan prince.
2. What does the Oracle predict that troubles Penelope?
(a) The war will destroy her home.
(b) Her husband will leave to fight in the war and not return home for twenty years.
(c) Her son will die in the upcoming war.
(d) Her best friend will die.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 4, what is the pivotal act?
(a) The young woman's escape aboard a Grecian ship.
(b) The transformation of the young woman into a symbol of power and beauty.
(c) The king's decision to abdicate his throne.
(d) The king's marriage to the young woman.
4. Who is deeply troubled by the love affair?
5. Who does not notice the covert flirtation occurring at the king's dinner table?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason the Grecian king might consider going to war?
2. What are the bitter choices facing the queen if she departs?
3. Who is surprised by the reactions of the peasants when they climb aboard the golden chariot?
4. Who is considered as beautiful as Aphrodite?
5. What is the name of the child born to the rulers of Sparta?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)