Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
• In Part 1, Chapter 1, the reader is introduced to the character of twelve-year-old Helen, a Spartan princess, who is playing knucklebones with her cousin Penelope. Helen is impulsive and free spirited.
• While her father and brothers are away hunting, Theseus, the King of Athens arrives and kidnaps Helen, taking her nurse Hessia as well.
• In Part 1, Chapter 2, they travel aboard a ship called the Minotaur, where Helen demands food, water, blankets, and other supplies.
• Theseus complies, bringing also honeyed wine and showing Helen dolphins in the water.
Part 1, Chapter 3 | Part 1, Chapter 4
• In Part 1, Chapter 3, Theseus and Helen discuss her birth and how it is surprising that she is a blond child in a family of olive-skinned people.
• When the ship lands in Piraeus, they leave in Theseus' golden chariot to the Acropolis, while people surround them in crowds, admiring Helen's beauty.
• In Part 1, Chapter 4, Theseus...
This section contains 1,910 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)