|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Speer benefit from helping this person?
2. Hitler is mistrustful but can be swayed by whom?
3. In what does Hitler take little interest?
4. What happens when Hitler encourages servility among his entourage?
5. Goering is jealous of the military impinging on what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in June of 1942?
2. What does Hitler do with a model of Berlin? What does Speer later realize about this model?
3. What is significant about 1934 for Speer?
4. Describe Speer's life while being a member of Hitler's entourage.
5. What poor military decisions does Hitler make after the Allied invasion of North Africa?
6. Give examples of Speer's work in 1934 which shows his career blossoming.
7. How do Speer's ideas clash with Hitler's and the ideas of others?
8. Describe the new facade of Hitler's headquarters.
9. How does Speer support and even surpass Hitler's desires?
10. What are Speer's plans for the Armaments Ministry? What do others think of his plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hitler is sure of victory after exterminating every traitor.
Part 1) How does he come to believe this? How does he attempt to follow through with this belief? How is Speer saved from this?
Part 2) If he could have exterminated every traitor, could he have been victorious? Why or why not? What does this belief reveal about Hitler?
Part 3) What could Hitler have done to be victorious? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Hitler calls for making Berlin so beautiful that no one will care if Paris is destroyed.
Part 1) What do others think about this statement? How does this threaten Paris, France as a whole, and other nations?
Part 2) What does this statement reveal about Hitler? How does Speer go about making this statement true?
Part 3) Does Berlin ever gain popularity as a city more beautiful than Paris? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Speer is a talented architect.
Part 1) Describe his training and four building projects he designed. How does each project show his talent? How does his personality aid in each building project?
Part 2) What does Speer think about the way he used his talent? Why does he feel this way? How does he try to right the mistakes he has made?
Part 3) What do Speer's actions reveal about his personality?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)