|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goering is jealous of the military impinging on what?
2. What does Hitler appreciate about Speer?
3. Hitler tells Speer to stop the conference for what reason?
4. As Dr. Fritz Todt's Ministry of Armaments faces overwhelming tasks, Speer volunteers to do what?
5. The blossoming of Speer's career follows ___________ of Ernst Roehm.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Speer's plans for the Armaments Ministry? What do others think of his plans?
2. What poor military decisions does Hitler make after the Allied invasion of North Africa?
3. How does Speer support and even surpass Hitler's desires?
4. With whom does Hitler surround himself? How does he act around these people?
5. How does Speer come to run the Armaments Ministry?
6. What does Speer do with 130 searchlights?
7. What happens in June of 1942?
8. How does Hitler rapidly conquer Poland and France?
9. What does Hitler do with a model of Berlin? What does Speer later realize about this model?
10. Describe Adolf Hitler Platz.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Speer feels the fallen rulers must accept collective guilt.
Part 1) Why does he believe this? How does this support what is known about his character?
Part 2) How do the others feel about taking responsibility for their actions? Why? Do they believe they are guilty? Why or why not?
Part 3) Does this help him at all during the Nuremberg trials? Why or why not? How does this guilt affect him for the rest of his life? Why does it affect him?
Essay Topic 2
A massive bombing by the Allies occurs on November 12, 1944.
Part 1) Describe this bombing. How does it affect Germany? How is it foreshadowed in this book?
Part 2) What other tactics help the war swing in the Allies' favor? How are German military tactics partially responsible for the Allies' victories?
Part 3) How does this bombing represent the end for Germany?
Essay Topic 3
Hitler is sure of victory after exterminating every traitor.
Part 1) How does he come to believe this? How does he attempt to follow through with this belief? How is Speer saved from this?
Part 2) If he could have exterminated every traitor, could he have been victorious? Why or why not? What does this belief reveal about Hitler?
Part 3) What could Hitler have done to be victorious? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)