|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Hitler's worst decisions?
(a) Using the jet-powered Me-202 as a bomber rather than a fighter.
(b) Using the jet-powered Me-262 as a bomber rather than a fighter.
(c) Using a fighter as a bomber rather than the jet-powered Me-202.
(d) Using a fighter as a bomber rather than the jet-powered Me-262.
2. Hitler is more shaken by damage reports than __________ and orders impossible repairs of theaters to keep up public morale.
(a) Allied invasions.
3. Who does Hitler number with Braun and Speer as his only friends?
(b) His Alsatian dog Blondi.
4. Hitler believes he will still be able to retire to _______ and studies plans.
5. Speer points to the ongoing danger of what in the age of modern technology?
(a) Nuclear weaponry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Speer mediates a meeting of Goering, Guderian, Zeitzler, and Fromm to discuss what?
2. What does Hitler do as the crisis deepens?
3. When the Cabinet agrees to put all war production under Speer's control, what does Bormann do?
4. Had the Allies concentrated on attacking _____________ the war would have been lost by 1943.
5. When the Soviets surround Nikopol, Speer calms Hitler about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hitler do regarding the Todt Organization's building of defensive positions on the Dnieper? Why does he do this? How does this affect Germany?
2. What happens to Speer as the war comes to an end?
3. What are Hitler's worst decisions?
4. How does Speer help evacuees during Hitler's "scorched earth" plan?
5. What does Speer say about the danger of dictatorships?
6. What does Hitler say during his last radio address?
7. What does Bormann call Speer? Why?
8. How does Speer's exuberance at German successes begin to cool? What saves Germany at this point?
9. What does the Allied bombing on November 12, 1944 do to Germany? What are the reactions to this bombing?
10. How are the Allies able to invade Germany? How does Hitler deal with this invasion?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)