|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ______ defendants are separated from other prisoners, given intelligence tests, and handed copies of the indictments.
2. What does Walter Rohland hope Speer can prevent?
(b) "Operational warfare."
(c) The invasion of Germany.
(d) A "scorched earth" policy.
3. When Doenitz puts naval procurement under Speer, what happens?
(a) Building accelerates.
(b) Building begins.
(c) Building decreases.
(d) Building halts.
4. As the war drags on, Hitler comes to admire whose endurance but holds to the stereotype of the West as incompetent?
5. Speer is ready to give in to the Gauleiters' pressure to control armaments production and ready to give in for lack of support unless Hitler does what?
(a) Steps down.
(b) Clarifies the chain of command.
(c) Helps him.
(d) Puts him in charge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this bombing do?
2. By September 1944, as the Allies are poised to invade Germany, Hitler orders what?
3. What are civilians begging the army not to do?
4. What is another of Hitler's worst mistakes?
5. Why does Speer's exuberance at German successes cool?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Speer's exuberance at German successes begin to cool? What saves Germany at this point?
2. What happens to Speer and the other defendants at Nuremberg?
3. What meeting does Speer mediate? Why? What is the result of this meeting?
4. How are the Allies able to invade Germany? How does Hitler deal with this invasion?
5. What does Speer convince Hitler to do regarding Russian prisoners? Why is this, in the end, not necessary?
6. What does Hitler do regarding the Todt Organization's building of defensive positions on the Dnieper? Why does he do this? How does this affect Germany?
7. How does Speer help evacuees during Hitler's "scorched earth" plan?
8. What takes place during an evening with Hitler?
9. Describe Hitler in the fall of 1943.
10. What are Hitler's worst decisions?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)