|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As "Operation Citadel" opens, Speer convinces Hitler to spare who to serve as armaments laborers?
(a) Russian prisoners.
(b) French prisoners.
(c) British prisoners.
(d) Polish prisoners.
2. Speer hears that he is considered headstrong and is forbidden to do what?
(b) Return to work.
(c) Be in charge of any organization.
(d) Rejoin Hitler's inner circle.
3. Hitler raises the specter of using the nerve agent _________ against the Soviets.
4. As the war drags on, Hitler comes to admire whose endurance but holds to the stereotype of the West as incompetent?
5. By September 1944, as the Allies are poised to invade Germany, Hitler orders what?
(a) The murder of all POWs.
(b) Demolition of all industrial installations.
(c) Demolition of all major cities.
(d) Suicides by all his leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Speer and Guderian suggest to Hitler assigning an army Commander-in-Chief parallel with the autonomous chiefs of the Navy and Air Force, how does Hitler feel?
2. What does Hitler do as the crisis deepens?
3. Himmler refuses to be excluded from what?
4. Hitler refuses to take ___________ that Morell recommends?
5. Hitler calms Speer's fears of an armaments collapse by doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Speer help evacuees during Hitler's "scorched earth" plan?
2. What takes place while Speer recovers for six weeks?
3. How does the book end?
4. How does Speer quickly save his ability to influence Hitler?
5. What does Hitler say during his last radio address?
6. What happens to Speer and the other defendants at Nuremberg?
7. What takes place during an evening with Hitler?
8. What happens to Speer as the war comes to an end?
9. What does Hitler do when he ignores Speer's calls to cripple key Allied resources? How does he then calm Speer's fears of an armaments collapse?
10. What does Bormann call Speer? Why?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)