|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Speer points to the ongoing danger of what in the age of modern technology?
(a) Nuclear weaponry.
2. Doenitz signs Speer's edict against demolition and encourages him to address the people for what reason?
(a) To counteract lethargy.
(b) Speer is now in charge.
(c) To calm their fears.
(d) To let them know they have not been abandoned.
3. What does Walter Rohland hope Speer can prevent?
(a) A "scorched earth" policy.
(c) "Operational warfare."
(d) The invasion of Germany.
4. After the invasions of Africa and Italy, Hitler is certain what can happen?
(a) The Allies will go home.
(b) The Germans will face certain defeat.
(c) The Allies will surrender.
(d) Ground can be regained.
5. What is another of Hitler's worst mistakes?
(a) Retaliating against England with the large, expensive, but minimally destructive V-2 rockets at the expense of ground-to-air rockets.
(b) Retaliating against teh Soviets with the large, expensive, but minimally destructive V-2 rockets at the expense of ground-to-air rockets.
(c) Retaliating against Poland with the large, expensive, but minimally destructive V-2 rockets at the expense of ground-to-air rockets.
(d) Retaliating against France with the large, expensive, but minimally destructive V-2 rockets at the expense of ground-to-air rockets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Speer found guilty?
2. Doenitz struggles to think outside what?
3. Operation Valkyrie provides for the fast mobilization of the _________________ men always on furlough in Germany as a "Home Army" to face emergencies.
4. Based on a quotation from MEIN KAMPF about the duty of the people to revolt against state tyranny, Speer plans to kill Hitler, Bormann, Goebbels, and Ley by doing what?
5. As "Operation Citadel" opens, Speer convinces Hitler to spare who to serve as armaments laborers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Speer quickly save his ability to influence Hitler?
2. What happens to Speer as the war comes to an end?
3. What does Hitler say during his last radio address?
4. What does Speer convince Hitler to do regarding Russian prisoners? Why is this, in the end, not necessary?
5. How are the Allies able to invade Germany? How does Hitler deal with this invasion?
6. What happens when Speers warns Hitler that the end is near?
7. What takes place while Speers is in the hospital for two months?
8. What is Himmler's reaction at the end of the war?
9. What are Hitler's worst decisions?
10. What does Hitler do when he ignores Speer's calls to cripple key Allied resources? How does he then calm Speer's fears of an armaments collapse?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)