|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Speer redesigns Zeppelin Field in Nuremberg as ________________ stone structure destined to remain for ages as a witness to the greatness of the builders' epoch.
(a) A Doric-influenced.
(b) A Baroque-influenced.
(c) A Corinthean-influenced.
(d) An Ionic-influenced.
2. When can Speer and his associates work on designs?
(a) Only when Hitler is ill.
(b) Only when Hitler is in Berlin.
(c) Only when Hitler is in conferences.
(d) Only when Hitler is sleeping.
3. Within six months, production increases without what?
(a) Hiring more workers.
(b) Hitler realizing it.
(c) Raising costs.
(d) Speer's assistance.
4. Hitler refuses Speer's call to employ who in factories?
5. What takes place in 1927?
(a) Speer becomes a part of Hitler's inner circle.
(b) Speer meets his wife.
(c) Speer passes his architect's license examination and marries Margarete Weber.
(d) Speer begins architecture school.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Speer's career blossom?
2. Driving to Nuremberg with Hitler, Speer sees mobs of cheering people slow the car as Hitler brags about what?
3. The blossoming of Speer's career follows ___________ of Ernst Roehm.
4. With Goebbels and Goering counseling peace, Hitler rapidly conquers what two countries?
5. When Hitler first meets Margarete at an official reception, he predicts that her husband will erect buildings unseen in how many years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is interaction like at Obersalzberg?
2. What is the "Committee of Three?"
3. What is significant about 1934 for Speer?
4. How does Speer support and even surpass Hitler's desires?
5. What is taking place in Speer's life when he is called to rebuild the Berlin district headquarters? Why might this be?
6. What aspects of Speer's childhood helped to build his character and self-discipline?
7. What does Speer do with 130 searchlights?
8. What comment does Hitler make about Berlin, compared to Paris?
9. What does Speer learn about Hitler, when he becomes part of Hitler's inner circle?
10. Describe the massive building projects Hitler desires when Germany's prestige rises during the Berlin Olympic Games.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)