|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Speer is turned off by Joseph Goebbels, what does he do?
(a) Begins his own party.
(b) Meets Hitler.
(c) Joins the Party.
(d) Quits the Party.
2. The East-West axis opens for traffic on the eve of what?
(a) Christmas 1939.
(b) Easter 1940.
(c) Hitler's 40th birthday.
(d) Hitler's 50th birthday.
3. When Speer champions neglected nuclear research, Goering is again put in charge, but Hitler fails to grasp the potential of fission--"Jewish physics"--and instead concentrates on the ____________ rockets, which Speer considers a "misguided project."
4. As Dr. Fritz Todt's Ministry of Armaments faces overwhelming tasks, Speer volunteers to do what?
(a) Find him an assistant.
(b) Assist him.
(c) Take over his job.
(d) Tell Hitler he needs more help.
5. What else does Hitler enjoy?
(a) Drives to Frankfort.
(b) Drives to Königssee.
(c) Drives to Dresden.
(d) Drives to Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Hitler take little interest?
2. Speer's plan of __________________ uses committees to allocate supplies and oversee weapons design.
3. Hitler rejects innovation and never understands what is crucial?
4. What door is opened upon Troost's death?
5. Hitler approves Speer's _______________ for future building.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hitler appreciate about Speer? How does this lead to work for Speer?
2. Describe the new facade of Hitler's headquarters.
3. Describe Speer's life while being a member of Hitler's entourage.
4. Describe Adolf Hitler Platz.
5. How does Speer come to run the Armaments Ministry?
6. What events take place that show Speer the true side of Hitler and his Nazi Party? How does Speer react to these events?
7. What leads to Speer's becoming the young man destined to design Hitler's legacy?
8. What is taking place in Speer's life when he is called to rebuild the Berlin district headquarters? Why might this be?
9. What aspects of Speer's childhood helped to build his character and self-discipline?
10. How does Speer support and even surpass Hitler's desires?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)