|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The new Reichstag would be the world's greatest assembly hall but has no ___________.
(a) Legislative function.
(b) Living quarters.
(c) Eating quarters.
2. Hitler refuses Speer's call to employ who in factories?
3. Ruthless Martin Bormann is master of the mountain. Does anyone sense his threat?
(a) Yes, Hitler.
(b) Yes, everyone.
(c) Yes, Speer.
4. Speer does away with piecemeal production, embraces "industrial mass production," and eliminates department chiefs' setting of independent priorities. Some complain of his __________ methods, but Hitler appreciates impulsive genius.
5. Speer's plan of __________________ uses committees to allocate supplies and oversee weapons design.
(a) "Industrial self-responsibility."
(b) "Industrial self-respect."
(c) "Industrial strength."
(d) "Industrial clarity."
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Speer at this point?
2. Hitler is mistrustful but can be swayed by whom?
3. Speer is even allowed to recruit where?
4. When can Speer and his associates work on designs?
5. When does Speer's career blossom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Speer's success with Goebbels and Hitler. How is he finally able to impress Hitler?
2. Give examples of Speer's work in 1934 which shows his career blossoming.
3. What does Speer learn about Hitler, when he becomes part of Hitler's inner circle?
4. What does Goering have Speer design? Why? Describe this building project.
5. Who does Speer take with him to "Fuehrer conferences?" Why?
6. What is significant about 1934 for Speer?
7. What comment does Hitler make about Berlin, compared to Paris?
8. Describe the new facade of Hitler's headquarters.
9. Describe Speer's Nuremberg building. How does this reflect Hitler's belief about the importance of architecture?
10. How does Hitler rapidly conquer Poland and France?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)