|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hitler approves Speer's _______________ for future building.
(a) "Theory of Ruin Value."
(b) "Theory of mind."
(c) "Theory of reasoned action."
(d) "Theory of constraints."
2. Had Speer known about Hitler's intentions, what would he have done?
(a) Left the party and/or Germany.
(b) Murdered Hitler.
(c) Joined the party.
(d) Started his own party.
3. Does Speer get time to acclimate to the job before a conference with the military and industry convened by Field Marshal Erhard Milch?
(a) Yes, some time.
(b) Yes, but very little time.
(d) Yes, a great deal of time.
4. Hitler turns to building the autobahn and making Berlin surpass Paris and Vienna in beauty. Hitler specifies an avenue how many yards wide terminated at one end by a great domed meeting hall dwarfing St. Peter's in Rome and at the other by an arch of triumph dwarfing Paris?
5. The new Reichstag would be the world's greatest assembly hall but has no ___________.
(a) Living quarters.
(b) Legislative function.
(c) Eating quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Speer build grand halls and salons?
2. When does Speer's career blossom?
3. Speer takes technical experts to "Fuehrer conferences" for what reason?
4. Hitler is unwilling to risk a revolution like ____________.
5. What amazes Speer about Hitler?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hitler appreciate about Speer? How does this lead to work for Speer?
2. What is significant about 1934 for Speer?
3. What events take place that show Speer the true side of Hitler and his Nazi Party? How does Speer react to these events?
4. What poor military decisions does Hitler make after the Allied invasion of North Africa?
5. What comment does Hitler make about Berlin, compared to Paris?
6. Who does Speer take with him to "Fuehrer conferences?" Why?
7. What does Goering have Speer design? Why? Describe this building project.
8. What aspects of Speer's childhood helped to build his character and self-discipline?
9. Describe the massive building projects Hitler desires when Germany's prestige rises during the Berlin Olympic Games.
10. What does Speer learn about Hitler, when he becomes part of Hitler's inner circle?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)