|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Speer wonders if he looks as rundown as who?
(a) His men.
(b) The Allies.
(c) The concentration camp survivors.
(d) The other prisoners.
2. Hearing Hitler's voice, Maj. Remer who commands the troops surrounding Goebbels' Ministry, declares his loyalty and by ______ has crushed the plot.
(a) 10 PM.
(b) 9 PM.
(c) 8 PM.
(d) 7 PM.
3. Why are there no prisoners?
(a) The French swiflty win in the Battle of the Seine.
(b) The Soviets swiftly win the Battle of Kursk.
(c) The Polish swiftly win in the Battle of the Bzura,
(d) The British swiflty win in the Battle of Waterloo.
4. Speer is ready to give in to the Gauleiters' pressure to control armaments production and ready to give in for lack of support unless Hitler does what?
(a) Helps him.
(b) Clarifies the chain of command.
(c) Puts him in charge.
(d) Steps down.
5. After a trip to Paris and several weeks in spartan conditions in Chesnay, Speer and the others are trucked back to where?
(a) Manzanares Castle.
(b) Kransberg Castle.
(c) Tratzberg Castle.
(d) Goldgasse Castle.
6. As the war drags on, Hitler comes to admire whose endurance but holds to the stereotype of the West as incompetent?
7. To where does Himmler flee?
(c) The Black Forest.
8. Speer resorts to lies and deception for what reason?
(a) To save himself.
(b) To protect his family.
(c) To prevent Hitler and his henchmen from destroying the economy before the Allies' ruinous Morgenthau Plan arrives.
(d) To kill Hitler and his henchmen.
9. Operation Valkyrie provides for the fast mobilization of the _________________ men always on furlough in Germany as a "Home Army" to face emergencies.
10. What is another of Hitler's worst mistakes?
(a) Retaliating against France with the large, expensive, but minimally destructive V-2 rockets at the expense of ground-to-air rockets.
(b) Retaliating against teh Soviets with the large, expensive, but minimally destructive V-2 rockets at the expense of ground-to-air rockets.
(c) Retaliating against Poland with the large, expensive, but minimally destructive V-2 rockets at the expense of ground-to-air rockets.
(d) Retaliating against England with the large, expensive, but minimally destructive V-2 rockets at the expense of ground-to-air rockets.
11. Speer and Milch are alarmed that American bomber production is far outstripping Germany's. Hitler and Goering insist that it is what?
(a) Just propaganda.
(c) A lie.
(d) Not going to affect Germany.
12. Seeing the futility of the war, Speer is tempted simply to do what?
(a) Join the Allied forces.
13. Back in Berlin, Speer learns that his name appears in the rebels' planned government, but what saves his life?
(a) The annotation, "Competent?"
(b) The annotation, "Hitler's friend."
(c) The annotation, "Probably not."
(d) The annotation, "If possible?"
14. Speer regards his life as what?
(a) Starting over.
(b) Being cleansed.
(c) Just beginning.
15. Speer hears that he is considered headstrong and is forbidden to do what?
(a) Be in charge of any organization.
(b) Return to work.
(d) Rejoin Hitler's inner circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hitler refuses to believe that who cannot overrun the Americans?
2. Speer is allowed to state his views but forbidden to do what?
3. He rages against the British and the Jews and demands retaliatory raids without what?
4. Hitler is euphoric at New Year's _______.
5. When Doenitz puts naval procurement under Speer, what happens?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)