|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another of Hitler's worst mistakes?
(a) Retaliating against teh Soviets with the large, expensive, but minimally destructive V-2 rockets at the expense of ground-to-air rockets.
(b) Retaliating against England with the large, expensive, but minimally destructive V-2 rockets at the expense of ground-to-air rockets.
(c) Retaliating against Poland with the large, expensive, but minimally destructive V-2 rockets at the expense of ground-to-air rockets.
(d) Retaliating against France with the large, expensive, but minimally destructive V-2 rockets at the expense of ground-to-air rockets.
2. What does Walter Rohland hope Speer can prevent?
(a) The invasion of Germany.
(b) "Operational warfare."
(d) A "scorched earth" policy.
3. Are Speer's efforts to improve living conditions successful?
(a) Yes, mostly.
(c) Yes, completely.
(d) Yes, partially.
4. Once Hitler sees a military angle, he pushes production and Himmler offers who as workers?
(a) His SS men.
(b) Military prisoners.
(c) Concentration camp prisoners.
(d) His family.
5. Speer breaks taboo by doing what?
(a) Leaving the country.
(b) Yelling at Hitler.
(c) Being honest with Hitler regarding his beliefs.
(d) Sending out a circular letter about avoiding destruction on principle.
6. After a trip to Paris and several weeks in spartan conditions in Chesnay, Speer and the others are trucked back to where?
(a) Tratzberg Castle.
(b) Kransberg Castle.
(c) Manzanares Castle.
(d) Goldgasse Castle.
7. Speer remembers the human kindness shown by whom?
(a) His jailers.
(b) The other prisoners.
(c) His men.
(d) The Americans.
8. Hitler is more shaken by damage reports than __________ and orders impossible repairs of theaters to keep up public morale.
(b) Allied invasions.
9. Speer and Milch are alarmed that American bomber production is far outstripping Germany's. Hitler and Goering insist that it is what?
(a) Just propaganda.
(b) A lie.
(c) Not going to affect Germany.
10. Back in Berlin, Speer learns that his name appears in the rebels' planned government, but what saves his life?
(a) The annotation, "Competent?"
(b) The annotation, "Hitler's friend."
(c) The annotation, "Probably not."
(d) The annotation, "If possible?"
11. What are civilians begging the army not to do?
(a) Give in to the Allies.
(b) Defend their towns.
(c) Desert them.
12. After coldly rejecting Speer's plan for a joint operation with the Air Force, Hitler visits the sickroom, hearing what?
(a) Speer is lonely.
(b) Speer is dying.
(c) Speer has asked for him.
(d) Speer is depressed.
13. Declaring Stalin right in 1937 to have purged his generals, Hitler is sure of victory after doing what?
(a) Exterminating every traitor.
(b) Spying on his generals.
(c) Killing every general.
(d) Bribing his generals.
14. Who does Hitler number with Braun and Speer as his only friends?
(d) His Alsatian dog Blondi.
15. In what does the leadership--Speer included--live?
(a) "Wealth and affluence."
(b) "Dissimulation and hypocrisy."
(c) "Peace and harmony."
(d) A bunker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Himmler refuses to be excluded from what?
2. In his last radio address Hitler rejects what and then withdraws to the old Party clique, grasping at straws and insisting that nothing but desert be left to the victors?
3. Hitler raises the specter of using the nerve agent _________ against the Soviets.
4. Hitler believes he will still be able to retire to _______ and studies plans.
5. Hearing Hitler's voice, Maj. Remer who commands the troops surrounding Goebbels' Ministry, declares his loyalty and by ______ has crushed the plot.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)