|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Speer warns Hitler that the end is near but is ignored and told to do what to support the decisive offensive Hitler is launching in the West?
(a) Build bridges.
(b) Build armaments factories.
(c) Build monuments.
(d) Build government buildings.
2. Ley and Himmler both challenge Speer's authority at Peenemünde during what?
(a) His visit with his family.
(b) The Allied bombing.
(c) His hospitalization.
(d) His time as leader of the Armaments Ministry.
3. Speer breaks taboo by doing what?
(a) Leaving the country.
(b) Being honest with Hitler regarding his beliefs.
(c) Yelling at Hitler.
(d) Sending out a circular letter about avoiding destruction on principle.
4. What does Hitler do as the crisis deepens?
(a) He listens to Speer.
(b) He further closes his mind.
(c) He begins to think more rationally.
(d) He becomes closer to his people.
5. How does Hitler react to viewing Speer's photographs of fugitives?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He shows no emotion.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He cries.
6. The ______ defendants are separated from other prisoners, given intelligence tests, and handed copies of the indictments.
7. After a trip to Paris and several weeks in spartan conditions in Chesnay, Speer and the others are trucked back to where?
(a) Goldgasse Castle.
(b) Kransberg Castle.
(c) Manzanares Castle.
(d) Tratzberg Castle.
8. When does a massive Allied bombing occur?
(a) On November 12, 1944.
(b) On September 12, 1944.
(c) On April 12, 1944.
(d) On January 12, 1944.
9. Speer points to the ongoing danger of what in the age of modern technology?
(c) Nuclear weaponry.
10. Hitler calms Speer's fears of an armaments collapse by doing what?
(a) Giving him positive statistics.
(b) Having more factories built.
(c) Giving Speer a raise.
(d) Declaring that Speer will straighten things out again.
11. Industrialists give sober reports. How do Hitler and the generals react?
(a) They condemn the reports as pessimistic.
(b) They believe the reports.
(c) They laugh at the reports.
(d) They listen to the reports.
12. Speer mediates a meeting of Goering, Guderian, Zeitzler, and Fromm to discuss what?
(a) Problems caused by other men in the inner circle.
(b) Problems caused by Hitler assuming command but not exercising it.
(c) Problems caused by the Allied forces.
(d) Problems caused by Hitler's mental illness.
13. What is one of Hitler's worst decisions?
(a) Using the jet-powered Me-262 as a bomber rather than a fighter.
(b) Using the jet-powered Me-202 as a bomber rather than a fighter.
(c) Using a fighter as a bomber rather than the jet-powered Me-262.
(d) Using a fighter as a bomber rather than the jet-powered Me-202.
14. Based on a quotation from MEIN KAMPF about the duty of the people to revolt against state tyranny, Speer plans to kill Hitler, Bormann, Goebbels, and Ley by doing what?
(a) Having the Allies kill them.
(b) Strangling them.
(c) Shooting them.
(d) Introducing poison gas into the bunker's ventilation shaft.
15. Smelling danger, Bormann calls Speer an enemy of the Party who intends to do what?
(a) Succeed Hitler.
(b) Help the Allies.
(c) Destroy Germany.
(d) Kill Hitler.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Col. Claus von Stauffenberg try to assassinate Hitler?
2. Speer sees Hitler's life "ebbing away" and his own later experience suggests that Hitler has what?
3. Are Speer's efforts to improve living conditions successful?
4. When the Cabinet agrees to put all war production under Speer's control, what does Bormann do?
5. Speer wonders if he looks as rundown as who?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)