|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hearing Hitler's voice, Maj. Remer who commands the troops surrounding Goebbels' Ministry, declares his loyalty and by ______ has crushed the plot.
(a) 9 PM.
(b) 10 PM.
(c) 8 PM.
(d) 7 PM.
2. What does this bombing do?
(a) It destroys all German armaments factories.
(b) It wipes out Germany's ability to replace lost arms and produce fuel.
(c) It destroys Berlin.
(d) It gives the Americans time to free those in concentration camps.
3. When Hitler demands ruthless "scorched earth," Speer tries to inspire sympathy for evacuees and reminds him that his order shows a loss of hope. Why does Hitler go along with this?
(a) He believes Speer.
(b) He does not know what else to do.
(c) To save face.
(d) He agrees with Speer.
4. Why is the Battle of the Bulge lost?
(a) The Allies are more intelligent.
(b) Bad weather clears.
(c) The German army becomes ill.
(d) Bad weather.
5. Speer hears that he is considered headstrong and is forbidden to do what?
(a) Be in charge of any organization.
(b) Rejoin Hitler's inner circle.
(d) Return to work.
6. After a trip to Paris and several weeks in spartan conditions in Chesnay, Speer and the others are trucked back to where?
(a) Goldgasse Castle.
(b) Manzanares Castle.
(c) Kransberg Castle.
(d) Tratzberg Castle.
7. Speer regards his life as what?
(b) Starting over.
(c) Being cleansed.
(d) Just beginning.
8. To where does Himmler flee?
(c) The Black Forest.
9. Himmler refuses to be excluded from what?
(a) The government.
(b) Decisions being made.
(c) Hitler's inner circle.
10. Speer helps the United States Strategic Bombing Survey (USSBS) evaluate the air war in what atmosphere?
(a) An anxious one.
(b) An angry one.
(c) A comradely one.
(d) A nervous one.
11. The Soviet offensive begins when?
(a) On November 12, 1945.
(b) On January 12, 1945.
(c) On June 12, 1945.
(d) On April 12, 1945.
12. When did Col. Claus von Stauffenberg try to assassinate Hitler?
(a) On April 20, 1944.
(b) On July 20, 1944.
(c) On November 20, 1944.
(d) On September 20, 1944.
13. Who does Hitler number with Braun and Speer as his only friends?
(a) His Alsatian dog Blondi.
14. Speer breaks taboo by doing what?
(a) Sending out a circular letter about avoiding destruction on principle.
(b) Yelling at Hitler.
(c) Leaving the country.
(d) Being honest with Hitler regarding his beliefs.
15. Speer waives appeal to how many years imprisonment?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the war drags on, Hitler comes to admire whose endurance but holds to the stereotype of the West as incompetent?
2. Doenitz opposes any more offensive measures but wants what?
3. As "Operation Citadel" opens, Speer convinces Hitler to spare who to serve as armaments laborers?
4. Hitler rejects Jodl's and Speer's attempts at what?
5. The ______ defendants are separated from other prisoners, given intelligence tests, and handed copies of the indictments.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)