|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Speer notes that great building in antiquity is normally done by whom?
(b) Famous architects.
(d) The wealthy.
2. Hitler rejects innovation and never understands what is crucial?
(a) Adequate facilities.
(b) Intelligent machinists.
(c) Recycled metal parts.
(d) Adequate spare parts.
3. In what does Hitler take little interest?
(b) The city.
(c) Tramps through the public forest.
(d) Nature and winter sports.
4. About what is Hitler careful?
(a) Controlling his temper.
(b) His public image.
(c) Military strategies.
(d) His friends.
5. What else does Hitler enjoy?
(a) Drives to Königssee.
(b) Drives to Berlin.
(c) Drives to Frankfort.
(d) Drives to Dresden.
6. What teaches Speer how to adjust to adversity?
(a) His school.
(b) His father.
(c) His physical problems.
(d) His poor upbringing.
7. Speer's Nuremberg building blends _________________________ but on a monumental scale.
(a) Tessenow's classicism and Troost's simplicity.
(b) Troost's modernism and Tessenow's classicism.
(c) Tessenow's modernism and Troost's simplicity.
(d) Troost's classicism and Tessenow's simplicity.
8. When does Troost die?
9. Does Speer read MEIN KAMPF?
(a) The first half.
(c) One page.
10. When it becomes clear that it has been pre-arranged for Milch to control the whole war economy, Speer appeals to Hitler who demands what?
(a) They leave Milch alone.
(b) They put Speer in control of the whole war economy.
(c) They ignore Speer.
(d) They treat Speer as a gentleman.
11. Himmler offers who to make bricks and quarry granite?
(a) His SS men.
(b) Prison and concentration camp workers.
(d) German civilians.
12. Hitler approves Speer's _______________ for future building.
(a) "Theory of constraints."
(b) "Theory of mind."
(c) "Theory of Ruin Value."
(d) "Theory of reasoned action."
13. Within six months, production increases without what?
(a) Hitler realizing it.
(b) Speer's assistance.
(c) Raising costs.
(d) Hiring more workers.
14. Top figures in industry and government endorse Speer's scheme, and despite Goering's threat to resign as head of the Four-Year Plan and Speer's promise to work within his framework, Hitler gives Speer what?
(a) Dictatorial power over the economy.
(b) Some power over the Armaments Ministry.
(c) Dictatorial power over the Armaments Ministry.
(d) Some power over the economy.
15. As Dr. Fritz Todt's Ministry of Armaments faces overwhelming tasks, Speer volunteers to do what?
(a) Tell Hitler he needs more help.
(b) Find him an assistant.
(c) Assist him.
(d) Take over his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Germany's prestige rises during what?
2. Ruthless Martin Bormann is master of the mountain. Does anyone sense his threat?
3. What happens when Hitler encourages servility among his entourage?
4. Hitler refuses Speer's call to employ who in factories?
5. Speer takes technical experts to "Fuehrer conferences" for what reason?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)