|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Germany's prestige rises during what?
(a) The Salt Lake City Olympic Games.
(b) The Berlin Olympic Games.
(c) The Beijing Olympic Games.
(d) The Munich Olympic Games.
2. When does Troost die?
3. Hitler is self-controlled but stages what for effect?
4. Does Speer get time to acclimate to the job before a conference with the military and industry convened by Field Marshal Erhard Milch?
(a) Yes, some time.
(c) Yes, but very little time.
(d) Yes, a great deal of time.
5. For what does Hitler know he is destined?
(c) Either for greatness or condemnation.
6. Speer takes technical experts to "Fuehrer conferences" for what reason?
(a) To keep Hitler from feeling uncomfortable.
(b) To keep Hitler from seizing on superficial facts to make unalterable decisions.
(c) To keep Hitler entertained.
(d) To keep him company.
7. Does Speer become anti-Semitic?
(b) Later in life.
(d) Only at first.
8. What teaches Speer how to adjust to adversity?
(a) His father.
(b) His physical problems.
(c) His school.
(d) His poor upbringing.
9. The East-West axis opens for traffic on the eve of what?
(a) Christmas 1939.
(b) Hitler's 50th birthday.
(c) Hitler's 40th birthday.
(d) Easter 1940.
10. When it becomes clear that it has been pre-arranged for Milch to control the whole war economy, Speer appeals to Hitler who demands what?
(a) They treat Speer as a gentleman.
(b) They put Speer in control of the whole war economy.
(c) They leave Milch alone.
(d) They ignore Speer.
11. As Dr. Fritz Todt's Ministry of Armaments faces overwhelming tasks, Speer volunteers to do what?
(a) Assist him.
(b) Take over his job.
(c) Find him an assistant.
(d) Tell Hitler he needs more help.
12. Who does Hitler say will be the loser of the war?
(a) The side that makes the greatest blunders.
(b) Those who mock him.
(c) The Allies.
(d) The Germans.
13. Who becomes too much for Hitler and ends some of his enjoyment?
(a) Martin Bormann.
(c) Eva Braun.
(d) His adoring crowds.
14. What takes place in 1927?
(a) Speer meets his wife.
(b) Speer passes his architect's license examination and marries Margarete Weber.
(c) Speer begins architecture school.
(d) Speer becomes a part of Hitler's inner circle.
15. Hitler is mistrustful but can be swayed by whom?
(a) Only those in his inner circle.
(b) Those skilled in manipulation.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Speer about Hitler?
2. With Goebbels and Goering counseling peace, Hitler rapidly conquers what two countries?
3. Does Speer read MEIN KAMPF?
4. Speer's Nuremberg building blends _________________________ but on a monumental scale.
5. Speer masses 130 searchlights to create the first ____________ and masses striking swastika flags to disguise drab façades.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)