|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes too much for Hitler and ends some of his enjoyment?
(a) Eva Braun.
(b) His adoring crowds.
(d) Martin Bormann.
2. How is Speer when he is called to rebuild the Berlin district headquarters?
(a) Busy with many projects.
(b) Building his career.
(c) Still in architecture school.
(d) Little involved in the Party and out of work.
3. News of the Allied invasion of __________ is taken as a feint for a thrust at undefended Italy or southern France.
(b) North Africa.
(d) South Africa.
4. Goering is jealous of the military impinging on what?
(a) His Three-Year Plan.
(b) His Four-Year Plan.
(c) His Two-Year Plan.
(d) His Five-Year Plan.
5. Himmler offers who to make bricks and quarry granite?
(a) German civilians.
(b) His SS men.
(c) Prison and concentration camp workers.
6. When can Speer and his associates work on designs?
(a) Only when Hitler is ill.
(b) Only when Hitler is in Berlin.
(c) Only when Hitler is sleeping.
(d) Only when Hitler is in conferences.
7. Top figures in industry and government endorse Speer's scheme, and despite Goering's threat to resign as head of the Four-Year Plan and Speer's promise to work within his framework, Hitler gives Speer what?
(a) Dictatorial power over the economy.
(b) Dictatorial power over the Armaments Ministry.
(c) Some power over the economy.
(d) Some power over the Armaments Ministry.
8. Hitler hints at aims for a great Germanic Reich stretching from ______________.
(a) Norway to northern Italy.
(b) Russia to Australia.
(c) China to Spain.
(d) Iceland to Greece.
9. How many people attend Hitler's daily afternoon dinners at which he is harsher than at Obersalzberg, offering monologues that show little growth since his "fertile" youth?
10. As Dr. Fritz Todt's Ministry of Armaments faces overwhelming tasks, Speer volunteers to do what?
(a) Tell Hitler he needs more help.
(b) Find him an assistant.
(c) Take over his job.
(d) Assist him.
11. Ruthless Martin Bormann is master of the mountain. Does anyone sense his threat?
(b) Yes, Speer.
(c) Yes, Hitler.
(d) Yes, everyone.
12. Speer notes that great building in antiquity is normally done by whom?
(a) Famous architects.
(d) The wealthy.
13. Chapter 6, "The Greatest Assignment," opens with Hitler choosing to ally with Italy over ____________ and seizing the Rhineland while still lacking an army or air force.
(b) The Netherlands.
14. In 1939, Speer guarantees completion of the five-mile core by __________, with the massive cost being spread over many budgets.
15. How old is Speer at this point?
Short Answer Questions
1. Speer is even allowed to recruit where?
2. What happens when Hitler encourages servility among his entourage?
3. In the summer of 1939, Hitler menacingly orders the eagle on the dome to clutch in its claws what?
4. Hitler talks of making __________ a metropolis and retiring there.
5. Driving to Nuremberg with Hitler, Speer sees mobs of cheering people slow the car as Hitler brags about what?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)