|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 14-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Speer goes beyond Hitler's "megalomaniacal notions" in planning urban renewal with a free hand and rescues two international events after the original designers offend Hitler's aesthetics. What are these two events?
(a) The Government Buildings and the pavilion at the Paris World's Fair.
(b) The Olympic Stadium and the pavilion at the Paris World's Fair.
(c) The Olympic Stadium and the pavilion at the St. Louis World's Fair.
(d) The Government Buildings and the pavilion at the St. Louis World's Fair.
2. Hitler is mistrustful but can be swayed by whom?
(b) Only those in his inner circle.
(c) His mother.
(d) Those skilled in manipulation.
3. Why does Speer build grand halls and salons?
(a) To impress on dignitaries that Hitler is "one of the greatest men in history."
(b) To impresss Hitler.
(c) To impress his family.
(d) To promote his work.
4. How old is Speer at this point?
5. Speer's plan of __________________ uses committees to allocate supplies and oversee weapons design.
(a) "Industrial self-responsibility."
(b) "Industrial clarity."
(c) "Industrial strength."
(d) "Industrial self-respect."
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Hitler know he is destined?
2. Hitler grows increasingly ____________ after the autumn of 1942 as his entourage convinces him that he has superhuman powers.
3. Within six months, production increases without what?
4. Hitler tells Speer to stop the conference for what reason?
5. Chapter 6, "The Greatest Assignment," opens with Hitler choosing to ally with Italy over ____________ and seizing the Rhineland while still lacking an army or air force.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)