|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 27-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Troost die?
2. By the autumn of 1943, Speer feels insecure in his own Ministry and begins consolidating his position by doing what?
(a) Letting go hundreds of workers.
(b) Stopping armaments production in some factories.
(c) Assigning deputy heads.
(d) Freeing the captives.
3. Assuming that the Allies need a large port to land, what does Hitler do?
(a) He sets a trap at all the ports.
(b) He destroys all the ports.
(c) He protects the coastal area and leaves the ports sparsely protected.
(d) He arms the ports but leaves coastal areas sparsely protected.
4. The new Reichstag would be the world's greatest assembly hall but has no ___________.
(a) Eating quarters.
(c) Legislative function.
(d) Living quarters.
5. How does Speer benefit from helping this person?
(a) He attracts Hitler's attention, is invited to dinner, and becomes the young man destined to design Hitler's legacy.
(b) He meets Hitler.
(c) He gains new skills in the architectural field.
(d) He gets a raise.
Short Answer Questions
1. The East-West axis opens for traffic on the eve of what?
2. Chapter 28, "The Plunge," opens with Hitler again supporting ____________ against Speer.
3. The new façade of Hitler's headquarters expresses what?
4. Hitler calms Speer's fears of an armaments collapse by doing what?
5. Speer's success with Goebbels and Hitler has its ups and downs until when?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)